talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, VanPaddy said:

Only because he doesnt score. 

No because he flatters to deceive and people get sucked in by his strength and occasional dribble.

Has one good game in 10, doesn't create, rarely drives us forward, forgets to track, can't stay fit. Need an upgrade big time.

Some of our fans love him, it's ridiculous. 

• Administrator
On 22/09/2017 at 10:08, LFCMadLad said:

We don't lose to Spurs and Klopp has a great record against Poch  

On 22/09/2017 at 10:39, LFCMadLad said:

£100 we don't lose :D?

On 22/09/2017 at 12:03, Stan said:

nope! cos if it's a draw I lose as well haha.

£50 to me if Spurs win

£50 to you if Liverpool win

Nothing if it's a draw!

Just realised @LFCMadLad still owes me money after Liverpool lost in September. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Who's more likely to win a trophy first, Tottenham or Liverpool?

Neither Spurs or Liverpool will win anything this season, I would probably say the same thing about next season as well depending on how the summer transfer window goes for both clubs. I just don't think either side has it in them to go all the way and finally lift a long awaited trophy.

I've got to admit Spurs are definitely in a better position to win a trophy first because they are far more balanced than us and have a very reliable defence. Liverpool and Klopp in particular makes too many questionable decisions and doesn't seem to like addressing our clear weaknesses.

Tottenham are still in the cup, aren't they? It's such a winnable competition for decent sides, so I think one of us will eventually do it in the next few years. I give Tottenham the edge purely because they could still do it this season.

8 hours ago, Storts said:

If you ever needed evidence of Harry's mentality and love of Tottenham it's here.

Great read: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/harry-kane-tottenham-zero-to-100/

It's nice that he's a home grown player from the academy, I'll always have time for that, but I'm so bored of everyone pretending he didn't grow up supporting Arsenal. Childhood allegiances are, quite rightly, meaningless to professional footballers, but it does my head in because it's such an obvious and unnecessary lie.

Edited by Burning Gold
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Tottenham have announced record revenues of £306.3m for the year ending June 30, 2017.

That is an increase of £96.5m (46 per cent) from the previous year's total of £209.8m.

A large part of that revenue increase is down to a jump in television and media revenues. The commencement of a new three-year Premier League broadcasting deal helped Spurs earn £149.8m, up £54.93m (57.9 per cent) from the previous year's total of £94.87m.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Nicholas you rate Cengiz Under,  Turkish player from Roma? He was linked with spurs last season I believe. Still a bit raw but someone like Poch can get the best out of him.

Look at your popping in to my thread :x

He looks promising, I only really had youtube to go off last year when he was linked to us, and we know that anyone can look good in clips so hard to judge - but he seems to have done pretty well for Roma, contributed with goals and assists and is developing. I think Italy is probably the right place for him at the moment but could see him going to England or Spain in a year or two

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I'm trying to brush off all the negativity around the air by surrounding myself with positive vibes and this thread was lacking some Teso :$

I really think Poch is doing a great job and some of the stick he gets is unnecessary but this is a result driven business. I think he will go after one or two world class players and keep most of the squad intact. What positions need improving the most nick-nick?

:$ Rise above it all - great job

For me, central midfield is a must. Dembele Is one of the most overrated players in the league, no consistency, no cutting edge and struggled with physical demands of a Poch system. We probably need a new RB because for me Trippier isn't good enough and Aurier has struggled - and then we need a wing forward/second striker that can actually play with or instead of Kane because Llorente just isn't able to deputise effectively.

I think Alderweireld and Rose will go this summer - so will likely need replacements for them also. Could be a busy summer

• Like 1

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You won’t finish above us or City next season so you’ll be fighting for fourth with Chelsea & Arsenal. 

I love your delusion. Every year.

You couldn't even beat us this season - let alone next.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah Dembele has to be one of the most overated players on the PL. Trippier is a good bench player for spurs thats about it and yeah, aurier has been a disappointment so far. What about Lucas M.?

If you ask me, I say its time to give KWP the starting role. Are Spurs really offering him a new contract or its all bs?

Lucas just hasn't had a chance as Poch likes to bed players in slowly - but I think he will come good. He's had some useful cameos, quick and skilful so he's a very nice option.

I like KWP but he needs first team football next season and not sure it will be with us. Needs a Prem loan. Assume the contract talk is real

• Administrator

19 hours ago, Storts said:

I love your delusion. Every year.

You couldn't even beat us this season - let alone next.

that reminds me...

On 22/09/2017 at 12:03, Stan said:

nope! cos if it's a draw I lose as well haha.

£50 to me if Spurs win

£50 to you if Liverpool win

Nothing if it's a draw!

@LFCMadLad 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...