• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Argentina 3-0 Croatia - Tuesday 13th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

They have, but I can't see what is questionable about anything tonight so far. 

I think a lot of refs wouldn't have given that. Don't get me wrong, it's technically a penalty because it's a foul in the box. But I don't think that would have been given to a lot of other teams.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

The amount of people that hate greatness is amusing. Not just this game, or Messi, but in general. 

Even the commentators seem to be up in arms that he's not 'timid' or 'shy' any more.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think a lot of refs wouldn't have given that. Don't get me wrong, it's technically a penalty because it's a foul in the box. But I don't think that would have been given to a lot of other teams.

So it's technically a penalty because it's a foul, and it was given. But it's Argentina that deem to be favoured because a referee gave it, as it should have been? 

It's not Argentina then you should be hating on, it's the inept refs that wouldn't give it in other games :what:.

I agree they've had favourable decisions in the tournament, and some sides favoured in general, but nothing wrong today (so far). 

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Perisic with too many brain farts for a world cup semi-final.

They are looking to him to be their main creative player from wide positions and if we are truthful he's not the player he once was.

I've always always really liked him but he needs to be attacking the full back pushing them back into their own box. Instead they are forcing Croatia to try and cross from deep positions.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Perisic with too many brain farts for a world cup semi-final.

He didn't look arsed with that cross towards the end of the half. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Croatia need a more physical striker on the field, maybe even two it they are going to unsettle this Argentina side.

Sosa and Kramaric total passengers.

Kramaric should be doing better but off the ball he's pressing when no one else is. Must be frustrating for him. Sosa looks like a deer in headlights. 

Croatia have looked better at times when they've played with 2 up top. 

Modric and Kovacic the only ones having good games so far for Croatia. 

This is ridiculous, why must I weather the storm of perfect little angel Messi cocksucking, maybe he will retire again at half-time ? Maybe Martin Tyler will remember there are 25 other Argentines in the team

Even fucking Neymar learned two Japanese words for that  ad campaign but Maggie Smith Messi could only mouth breathe his was through  Spanish, this cunt always has favourable treatment and I am not convinced it isn’t because he is an idiot savant at football

@Devil-Dick Williewhy am I doing your job

Just now, Stan said:

Even the commentators seem to be up in arms that he's not 'timid' or 'shy' any more.

So it's technically a penalty because it's a foul, and it was given. But it's Argentina that deem to be favoured because a referee gave it, as it should have been? 

It's not Argentina then you should be hating on, it's the inept refs that wouldn't give it in other games :what:.

I agree they've had favourable decisions in the tournament, and some sides favoured in general, but nothing wrong today (so far). 

Nah I'd like to see consistency and honestly I think penalties given too easily nowadays... I think there should probably be some standards given to the referees to allow for more consistent application of the laws of the game. I think @Spike's onto something with the Qatar connection tbh - it explains some of the refereeing decisions in Argentina and France matches.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is ridiculous, why must I weather the storm of perfect little angel Messi cocksucking, maybe he will retire again at half-time ? Maybe Martin Tyler will remember there are 25 other Argentines in the team

Even fucking Neymar learned two Japanese words for that  ad campaign but Maggie Smith Messi could only mouth breathe his was through  Spanish, this cunt always has favourable treatment and I am not convinced it isn’t because he is an idiot savant at football

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Press the mute button? 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I'd like to see consistency and honestly I think penalties given too easily nowadays... I think there should probably be some standards given to the referees to allow for more consistent application of the laws of the game. I think @Spike's onto something with the Qatar connection tbh - it explains some of the refereeing decisions in Argentina and France matches.

I would also like to see consistency. I haven't said otherwise? 

You've said it's technically a foul and a penalty so how is it favourable for Argentina to get a call go their way when you say it should go their way? 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's nowhere near the ball and I think it's 50-50 whether he was fouled or whether the keeper was fouled.

Keeper wasn't fouled, Alaverez has every right to continue his run knowing he could be taken out.

Keeper knows full well he has to make contact with the ball with any point of his body or he risks body checking the player. 

It's a penalty every time for me, no idea why Neville was so over the top in the BBC coverage then. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

How is that not a pen?

Are they mad he was nowhere near the ball!!!

Can't believe it. I can't stand Walton but I agree with him. Keeper comes out rushing for the ball, misses it, his right leg impedes Alvarez and they think it's okay. Weird. 

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

I think it was a penalty. I can see why people are saying it shouldn't be but it was more a case of the keeper taking the attacker out rather than the attacker running into him.

Idk I remember when Karl Darlow grabbed Mane... while the ball was right there and take him down in the box... and that wasn't given as a penalty. And so many people on here said it was "never a penalty" - so using that logic I fail to see how this would be a penalty. :what:

Just now, Stan said:

Can't believe it. I can't stand Walton but I agree with him. Keeper comes out rushing for the ball, misses it, his right leg impedes Alvarez and they think it's okay. Weird. 

Walton actually looked shocked at their reaction, its blatantly a pen.

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Argentina 3-0 Croatia - Tuesday 13th December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived