talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - France 2-0 Morocco - Wednesday 14th December, 2022

football forum

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hope Morocco won't rue these missed chances. They're playing so well and they've got the current world champions sitting back. 

Although I do wonder if Morocco will start to tire when chasing the game and France will then decide to kill the game off as the game nears full time and pick off the open spaces. 

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

I think France have weathered the storm.

They will surely pick Morocco off on the counter attack now.

We were right. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Semi-Final - France 2-0 Morocco - Wednesday 14th December, 2022
Just now, Devil said:

What could have been for England.

A toothless Morroco side and an Argentinian side you can clearly get at. This was a bigger missed opportunity than 2018 in my opinion.

A final versus Argentina would've been huge.

Most of the songs argentinian fans sing have some sort of Malvinas reference. The result of war still bothers them and a final versus England would the closest to a revenge. Shame it didnt happen.

Just now, El Profesor said:

Most of the songs argentinian fans sing have some sort of Malvinas reference. The result of war still bothers them and a final versus England would the closest to a revenge. Shame it didnt happen.

France in 2018 were so much better than this side and also better than the current Argentina side.

If we'd have got past France I think we'd have won it.

Ah well, same old England, what could have been.

Credit to Morocco they played their part and did not lay down arms despite conceding the early goal.

So we miss the spectre of the two best supported teams meeting and instead probably get the two best attacking sides with Messi and Argentina and Griezman and France.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So France Vs Argentina then. After all the shithousing from Argentina and obviously the Messi jerk off sesh I have to go france, who've held themselves with dignity and maturity all tournament. 

You didn't see Mbappe tonight then? 

Great effort from Morocco this tournament but France was a step too far.

The final will be hyped up as Messi v. Mbappe and it'll be extremely cringeworthy but hopefully the game delivers. Anything like their meeting at the last World Cup would be lovely.

A great end to end match, but the French, as with most of their matches, make you feel very confident about them when you watch them. Morocco actually played another great match, and they had excellent chances to score. They weren't lacking in quality upfront in my opinion, it was just Lloris's great saves and some great last ditch defending by the French defence that prevented Morocco from scoring. The French look strong in all areas of the pitch. Even their substitute Randal Muani got in on the act, scoring France's 2nd goal. But Hernandez's lovely early strike was a crucial moment for the French. Getting an early lead, is just what they would have wanted, as it is very hard to beat the French team once they take the lead. The French were deserved winners, but Morocco did themselves proud. This is the best I've ever seen Morocco play in the last 20 years.

France will now go on to play Argentina in the final. I'd like to see Argentina and Messi winning it, but I just think this French team might be too strong for them. Either way, it should be a cracking final and really, given the quality players in both teams, anything can happen. May the best team on the day win.

Another poor performance by the ref tonight. Watching the quality of refereeing at this WC, it's mind-boggling why we didn't had any ref there. Our refs aren't as bad as these lot.

France were very mature. They sat back, but Morocco never looked like they were going to score.

Hopefully, they'll win Sunday and save us from a Messi wankfest afterwards. 

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1af0p9blF8.

Inferiority complex. Cinco estrelas sao demasiado para eles.

• Subscriber

Antoine Griezmann is a superb player. For the first goal when he runs at a diagonal, he offers so many options for players to pass to him that it was inevitable that the was going to break the line and then the goal came, and Morocco were chasing after that. It was a crucial strike because after that Morocco had to play a different game. Had they not scored in the first half this may have gone to ET but we'll never know that now.

Not the final I wanted but you can't take anything away from this France side who have been good this whole tournament.

6 hours ago, Machado said:

Griezmann allows France to play between Morocco's defensive lines. We didn't have a Griezmann and neither did Spain.

Exciting last 10 minutes by Morocco here. Gives them hope for the second half.

His goal scoring has dropped off, but he always has been a magnificent player. His movement, passing, and pressing are very influential.

Seemed very, very comfortable for France.

Before anyone kicked a ball I did suspect France have so much depth, and true like-for-like quality in the depth, that the injury list would not bother them.

Yet I also had a feeling for Argentina. They have the best goalkeeper in the tournament. IMO. And they have a mean streak behind the Messi headline stuff.

It feels like Argentina should give them a good game. I'd say it's 60-40 to France. But Argentina very much have the attitude to flip that on its head. On the right day. And to be fair, Messi has effected every game so far.

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

Great effort from Morocco this tournament but France was a step too far.

The final will be hyped up as Messi v. Mbappe and it'll be extremely cringeworthy but hopefully the game delivers. Anything like their meeting at the last World Cup would be lovely.

It was Mbappe vs Walker in the quarter finals but for ne Antoine Griezmann was better than Mbappe.

I reckon he might do the same again come Sunday.

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So France Vs Argentina then. After all the shithousing from Argentina and obviously the Messi jerk off sesh I have to go france, who've held themselves with dignity and maturity all tournament. 

Surely the BBC staff have used up all their spunk for another Messi jerkoff session.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived