talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

3 hours ago, Spike said:

CONGRATULATIONS AUSTRALIA YOU'VE OFFICIALLY ENTERED A RECESSION, THOUGH I'M SURE THAT THE GREAT ECONOMIC MANAGERS DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO PREVENT IT

@Devil-Dick Willie @Harry @Toinho

I leave the country for five fucking years and you cunts let them ruin it. I'm gonna have to make a three stop visit next time, I'm home to teach you blokes a lesson in painenomics

We were technically in a recession already. Economic growth was being outstripped by increasing population, we were in a retail recession, unemployment was high and even before corona our national debt had doubled under the libs. 

It's unfathomable that we elected them. The worlds dumbest cunts, reading the worlds most biased newspapers are responsible. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We were technically in a recession already. Economic growth was being outstripped by increasing population, we were in a retail recession, unemployment was high and even before corona our national debt had doubled under the libs. 

It's unfathomable that we elected them. The worlds dumbest cunts, reading the worlds most biased newspapers are responsible. 

Of course, I just wanted to bellyache about it because apparently it is 'news' now. Also thanks Libs for ass-ramming me with negative-gearing and property price skyrocketing pretty much making it impossible for me to move back to my own home country because I can't afford to own and in some cases even rent a decent property to live. I don't wanna live in Sydney's suburban sprawl.

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Of course, I just wanted to bellyache about it because apparently it is 'news' now. Also thanks Libs for ass-ramming me with negative-gearing and property price skyrocketing pretty much making it impossible for me to move back to my own home country because I can't afford to own and in some cases even rent a decent property to live. I don't wanna live in Sydney's suburban sprawl.

Live in dapto

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

While not as expensive as Sydney, I’m finally looking into buying... but also not sure I want no money forever. 

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Live in dapto

I take it that is where you live? I'm not opposed to live in a smaller town outside of a larger city, preferably in QLD though, north of Brisbane would be ideal. Illlawarra is too far south for me, but I'd definitely choose it over getting shot in Chicago and having to go through another fucking miserable winter with five hours of sunlight a day and I want to kill myself because it is -20'.

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Btw WA was the only state to record growth in the last financial quarter. Not sure how! 

More mines than the rest of Ausmineia.

Every few months I look into schooling or learning but I don't understand how it works in the USA, it's too fucking expensive, and most of the people I work with already have degrees and they doing the same job as me. People with degrees or some set of skills only earn one or two more dollars than me. WTF?

Just now, Spike said:

I take it that is where you live? I'm not opposed to live in a smaller town outside of a larger city, preferably in QLD though, north of Brisbane would be ideal. Illlawarra is too far south for me, but I'd definitely choose it over getting shot in Chicago and having to go through another fucking miserable winter with five hours of sunlight a day and I want to kill myself because it is -20'.

More mines than the rest of Ausmineia.

Nah I live in West Wollongong. Dapto is the povo part of the Illawarra (along with Berkeley, Unanderra, Bellami, Warrawong and Albion Park)

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah I live in West Wollongong. Dapto is the povo part of the Illawarra (along with Berkeley, Unanderra, Bellami, Warrawong and Albion Park)

I know nothing about Wollongong, I imagine it is just Toowoomba on the NSW coast.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Every few months I look into schooling or learning but I don't understand how it works in the USA, it's too fucking expensive, and most of the people I work with already have degrees and they doing the same job as me. People with degrees or some set of skills only earn one or two more dollars than me. WTF?

You have to pay up front? Would you be eligible for some sort of student loan? From my understanding their repayments are way more full on than ours. My HECS debt is still quite significant thanks to not paying any back while overseas. Fortunately, it doesn’t affect home loans etc (to my knowledge). 

16 hours ago, Spike said:

CONGRATULATIONS AUSTRALIA YOU'VE OFFICIALLY ENTERED A RECESSION, THOUGH I'M SURE THAT THE GREAT ECONOMIC MANAGERS DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO PREVENT IT

I leave the country for five fucking years and you cunts let them ruin it. I'm gonna have to make a three stop visit next time, I'm home to teach you blokes a lesson in painenomics

At least now both sides of politics won't be short terming however possible to avoid the Stigma of being the government to break the 30 year constant growth streak.

At least now both sides of politics won't be short terming however possible to avoid the Stigma of being the government to break the 30 year constant growth streak.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

You know that is demonstrably false and that is all the Libs do and will ever do.

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

You have to pay up front? Would you be eligible for some sort of student loan? From my understanding their repayments are way more full on than ours. My HECS debt is still quite significant thanks to not paying any back while overseas. Fortunately, it doesn’t affect home loans etc (to my knowledge). 

I'm not paying an offensive amount of money for a degree that is worthless in an economy that has people with Bachelor's working at retail.

I’m about 3 or 4 pages late to a discussion that’s probably not happening but as part of my course to get into Uni I done a 5k or so word essay on why the child removal policies existed and the term “smooth the dying of the pillow” is probably the most British way you could describe genocide and mass kidnap.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I’m about 3 or 4 pages late to a discussion that’s probably not happening but as part of my course to get into Uni I done a 5k or so word essay on why the child removal policies existed and the term “smooth the dying of the pillow” is probably the most British way you could describe genocide and mass kidnap.

I don't approve of how what happened to a lot of Indigenous people is retroactively Australia's fault (Australia did do a lot of wrong but not before it existed) and no fault is given to the British. I've never seen anything but a condescending colonial attitude from the British government towards Australia in 119 years of existence, and it's reflected today in cultural attitudes. The Rudd government took responsibility for the Stolen Generation in 2008 and directly addressed that what happened was wrong and on behalf of those perpetuated those crimes apologised on national television.

My favourite is post WW1 the British government expected Australia to pay interest on a 'debt' accrued from Australia joining Britain's war, strictly purchasing weapons from the British to aid the British war-economy, and dying for the British. The debt would have resulted in Australia's economy collapsing and caused a near civil war to erupt from tension between the NSW government and the federal government.  I'd say 3% of the male population of Australia being a casualty in a foreign war is debt paid. Cannon fodder and a purse to pinch from, that is the British legacy.

Edited by Spike

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't approve of how what happened to a lot of Indigenous people is retroactively Australia's fault (Australia did do a lot of wrong but not before it existed) and no fault is given to the British. I've never seen anything but a condescending colonial attitude from the British government towards Australia in 119 years of existence, and it's reflected today in cultural attitudes. The Rudd government took responsibility for the Stolen Generation in 2008 and directly addressed that what happened was wrong and on behalf of those perpetuated those crimes apologised on national television.

My favourite is post WW1 the British government expected Australia to pay interest on a 'debt' accrued from Australia joining Britain's war, strictly purchasing weapons from the British to aid the British war-economy, and dying for the British. The debt would have resulted in Australia's economy collapsing and caused a near civil war to erupt from tension between the NSW government and the federal government.  I'd say 3% of the male population of Australia being a casualty in a foreign war is debt paid. Cannon fodder and a purse to pinch from, that is the British legacy.

Britain cannot accept fault for what happened in Ireland...a once colonial power which has kept it's colonial mindset. The thing with Australia and say the United States is whilst what is happening in these countries is British history, British history is also Australian or American history. Obviously not the indigenous or even non-British migrants specifically but the formation and the function of the countries as a whole today means that for there to be any progression colonial countries need to accept their past as colonial superpowers and Britain needs to accept what it has caused. Otherwise it ends in a bickering where no one really takes sides.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ab1964f0ca0a1c0db5d1f916808a1c47.png

Sydney blue whale: Rare sighting was 'possibly third in 100 years'

A.thumb.png.0f0f2284bd326c54144995f812f2a88a.png

A blue whale has been spotted off the coast of Sydney in Australia for possibly only the third time in almost 100 years, wildlife authorities say.

The whale was seen last month in waters near the beachside suburb of Maroubra in New South Wales.

The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) confirmed the "extremely rare" sighting on Friday.

Blue whales - the largest animals on Earth - are rarely seen so close to the shore, it said.

"The blue whale is the largest animal on the planet yet despite its size it could have easily slipped by Sydney's coast unnoticed," Andrew Marshall of the NPWS said in a news release.

Mr Marshall said the sea creature may have been more than 25m (82ft) in length and weighed more than 100 tonnes (100,000kg).

Yet despite their size, blue whales are "largely 'invisible' even to the most avid whale watchers", Mr Marshall said.

"They are not often seen because they tend to live very far out to sea, their populations are widely dispersed and we have very limited data on its migration and critical habitat," he said.

The rarity of the sighting was not lost on one photographer, who managed to take pictures of the whale as it swam along the coast near Maroubra.

"I'm speechless but could blurt out a million things at the same time," the photographer said of the sighting in an Instagram post.

"Yesterday watching a lot of humpbacks travel south in my usual spot at Maroubra, one of the great wonders of the magical ocean appeared in-front of me: a blue whale."

The photographer said he was "completely mesmerised" by the whale, adding: "I feel like I've hit the jackpot."

Mr Marshall said the sighting was "the first verified record of this species off our coast".

Unlike the humpback whale, which is showing signs of an annual population recovery of about 10-11%, the blue whale population in NSW's waters remains elusive.

"That's why opportunistic sightings like this one are so incredibly valuable," said Mr Marshall.

"They improve our understanding of where these species live and suggest if there are measures we need to consider to try to protect them."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54030000

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Not sure where to start, been given a link to this thread as an ex pat Australian so.... Hi I'm Cazza mad Weagle and Warriors fan (so obviously from Perth).

Hope you're all having a great day. Hope that's okay?  

Welcome to Spikes Aussie hideaway cobber :ay:

• Like 1