talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

I have been speaking to some of my mates about it and I've posted online on other places but I absolutely blew my fucking dacks when I saw the PM on the telly during the cricket. Has any other PM spruiked himself like that during a live sports event? Then leach off cricketer's dead wife and lecture women about breast cancer? Then having the gall to do so while cutting funding to medicare?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I have been speaking to some of my mates about it and I've posted online on other places but I absolutely blew my fucking dacks when I saw the PM on the telly during the cricket. Has any other PM spruiked himself like that during a live sports event? Then leach off cricketer's dead wife and lecture women about breast cancer? Then having the gall to do so while cutting funding to medicare?

He’s a cunt isn’t he 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

@Khan of TF365 a mate of mine told me that even Imran Khan (from what I am told is a populist) wouldn't come onto a televised match to spruik himself, and he fucking played the sport for thirty years. Is that true?

That is correct. Despite his narcissist nature, saying some stupid things, he manages himself well on such occasions

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I was going over some news stories from my youth I had forgot about, Bali Bombings, Schappelle Corby, Bali 9, tell me why is Bali still so popular?

People in WA are utterly obsessed with Bali. I must be one of the only Perthians who hasn’t been (except two layovers), nothing literally appeals to me there. It’s cheap and close but….so what? Basically Australia is a huge bogan cesspool haha 

• Subscriber

Call for Australian eyes in the sky

Australia doesn’t have enough space. And that’s a severe national security risk, warns the Australian Academy of Science.

download (1).png

Storms, drought, fish stocks, volcanic ash – their behaviour can only be accurately tracked and predicted with regular, reliable satellite observations.

But our weather data comes from Japan. Our environmental monitoring is done by the US. A whole host of other practical information comes from international Earth observation satellites.

“This poses a significant sovereign risk as growing environmental, commercial and geopolitical stresses mean Australia’s future access to this data is far from guaranteed,” a briefing by the Australian Academy of Science warned yesterday.

The implications are profound.

The director of UQ’s Remote Sensing Research Centre, Professor Stuart Phinn, points to the volcanic ash cloud currently drifting towards Australia after Tonga’s catastrophic eruption.

Where it is, how high it is – all are vital, as the ash can seize aircraft engines.

“You can’t get this information without having Earth observation satellites in place,” Phinn warns.

And we only have that information thanks to the good grace of others.

“This plan that’s being proposed will help Australia build a capability that will help its governments, its industries, and defence forces and our communities,” he says.

FULL REPORT

On 10/01/2022 at 14:42, Spike said:

Australian twitter is a left vs centre cesspool at the best of times, but if there's one unanimous point of common ground it's that Morrison is arguably the worst prime Minister we've had. Barely a human. No principles. No beliefs. 100% reactive. Prioritises nothing except opportunities to jump into frame with two thumbs up hucking "how good?".

I hated Tony Abbott, but at least he was, at his core, a person with some convictions, horrible though they were. 

12 hours ago, Spike said:

@Toinhogot the twins a forklift cert yet?

• Upvote 1

On 23/01/2022 at 21:00, Harry said:

Australian twitter is a left vs centre cesspool at the best of times, but if there's one unanimous point of common ground it's that Morrison is arguably the worst prime Minister we've had. Barely a human. No principles. No beliefs. 100% reactive. Prioritises nothing except opportunities to jump into frame with two thumbs up hucking "how good?".

I hated Tony Abbott, but at least he was, at his core, a person with some convictions, horrible though they were. 

Can’t really disagree with that at all. Hated Abbott but you could see what he believed in etc. 

On 26/01/2022 at 00:44, Spike said:

There is a 40’ difference between where I am and my hometown.  so cold

I'd like to try a two week sample of a European or US midwestern winter. That's about how much I reckon I could handle.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I'd like to try a two week sample of a European or US midwestern winter. That's about how much I reckon I could handle.

Maybe I’d try a week. 

I want to snowboard in Canada one day, pending the world situation, my knee, and money haha however it sounds very cold 😂

• 3 weeks later...