talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Your right but my stomach is too weak to commit to staying at starbucks throughout the course, and my feet are itching to go home to Australia, what I desperately want isn't achievable and I'm stuck in a rut.

What am I supposed to do? I don't think my wife really has what it takes to move to Australia with me (maybe she does, but maybe I refuse that idea because I don't want her to go through with how I feel right now), I love her so much but I feel like I'm sacrificing too much of want I love. I feel inable to make any sort of change in my life for better or worse, because I feel the change would bring everything crashing down from the knife's edge

Have you talked to her about it? Maybe there's some sort of a compromise to find? Sacrificing things for love is a neat idea and I commend you for it, but there's only so much a man can take, and there's a danger of serious resentment building up if you continue like that... as cliche as it sounds, if you feel stuck and unhappy with where and who you are, nothing good can come out of it long-term. 

50 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you talked to her about it? Maybe there's some sort of a compromise to find? Sacrificing things for love is a neat idea and I commend you for it, but there's only so much a man can take, and there's a danger of serious resentment building up if you continue like that... as cliche as it sounds, if you feel stuck and unhappy with where and who you are, nothing good can come out of it long-term. 

Of course I have, she knows just about everything. Resenting her is the last thing I can do, everything else is fair game.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Your right but my stomach is too weak to commit to staying at starbucks throughout the course, and my feet are itching to go home to Australia, what I desperately want isn't achievable and I'm stuck in a rut.

What am I supposed to do? I don't think my wife really has what it takes to move to Australia with me (maybe she does, but maybe I refuse that idea because I don't want her to go through with how I feel right now), I love her so much but I feel like I'm sacrificing too much of want I love. I feel inable to make any sort of change in my life for better or worse, because I feel the change would bring everything crashing down from the knife's edge

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do in Australia? And is there something your wife could do too? 

• Subscriber
On 25/09/2020 at 18:13, DeadLinesman said:

I’m a Cats fan. Been following Geelong for a few years now.

Your Cats are doing well Phill and thrashing the magpies and its only half-time, looking good for the Grand Final either against the Tigers or Port Adelaide, it would be nice for you if the GF was Geelong v Richmond, I know you just love Richmond. :whistling:  xD

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Your Cats are doing well Phill and thrashing the magpies and its only half-time, looking good for the Grand Final either against the Tigers or Port Adelaide, it would be nice for you if the GF was Geelong v Richmond, I know you just love Richmond. :whistling:  xD

Fucking creamed them mate. Awesome display.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking creamed them mate. Awesome display.

Your Cats tired in the last quarter but picked up at the end when the Maggie's popped in 3 goals, funny feeling though the Tigers will come unstuck against Port Adelaide and you will meet PA in the Grand Final.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

An Englishmen must be a right bloody weirdo to watch VFL

I love it. I think the athleticism is fantastic. Only thing that pisses me off is the constant pushing/shouldering for absolutely no reason. What’s that all about?

Oh, and I genuinely hope Tom Lynch gets some form of venereal disease. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Only thing that pisses me off is the constant pushing/shouldering for absolutely no reason. What’s that all about?

Never saw that out there years ago but I think its only happened over the last few years, must be some new coaching tactic like "Show him you are the boss, give him a dig here and then...", it is a bit silly seeing it nowadays but old tough nuts from years gone by like Carlton's full-back Wesley Lofts or Richmonds Captain Blood, Jack Dyer would just smack whoever in the gob and deck him, get booked by the ref and go in front of a tribunal and get suspended for a few games. 

1389722966_2nutters.png.e5f6a6e1f66730591452c5398f996ad8.png

I enjoyed AFL to an extent, there is a beauty in it. But it is also just a lot of headless chickens clamouring after a ball that bounces everywhere. Gaelic football is so much better, as is the Gaelic/AFL crossover.

On the topic of late Uni entries, I’ll be 30 this year and be heading to Uni next year. Never too late to pursue something like that, I don’t specifically know which job I would like, but I’m hoping to study either Sociology or Social Sciences. Eventually would like to be involved with community work in areas that need it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Danny said:

I enjoyed AFL to an extent, there is a beauty in it. But it is also just a lot of headless chickens clamouring after a ball that bounces everywhere. Gaelic football is so much better, as is the Gaelic/AFL crossover.

On the topic of late Uni entries, I’ll be 30 this year and be heading to Uni next year. Never too late to pursue something like that, I don’t specifically know which job I would like, but I’m hoping to study either Sociology or Social Sciences. Eventually would like to be involved with community work in areas that need it.

30 may seem late but I don’t think it is. 

28 minutes ago, Toinho said:

30 may seem late but I don’t think it is. 

Yeah I don’t think it is either, but it’s one of those things in life every age seems really old until you’re there and you realise you’ve still got plenty of youth in ya. If anything I should have the benefit of being past binge drinking etc, though in the current climate that’s difficult 

17 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sign Kevins petition you pieces of shit  

I already fucking did mate

On 12/10/2020 at 18:07, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Gladys going to prison soon with a bit of luck. Bit of corruption, bit of perjury. Outstanding. 

Liberal PM going to gaol xDlike fuck. when was the last time a liberal got into actual trouble? John Brogden when he tried to killl himself because he called some chick a mail order bride?

also fuck you and the canberra raiders for losing to the fucking melbourne storm, i'm so sick of those cunts winning in our sport, they need to fuck to the vfl already. the only justice would be if the brisbane lions nick a win in the vfl

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Harry you fucking fascist sign Krudds petition. 

Fuck that. It's a grievance petition. A scorned man seeking revenge. If Kevin was less self centred he would have found a relevant moderate liberal party member to share the spotlight with and positioned it as a bipartisan thing... Not just "it's unfair to the left" but "liberals vote for this if you'd prefer Scomo to listen more to you than to Rupert".

His own short sightedness has undermined his chances of success.

(just kidding. I voted for it the day it came out, and shared it twice on my Facebook feed). But I do think he missed a trick compared to how it could've gone if he'd cosponsored it with Turnbull or even any person affiliated with the liberal party to make it an issue that even liberal voters would need to consider.)

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Fuck that. It's a grievance petition. A scorned man seeking revenge. If Kevin was anything less than as spiteful egomaniac he would have found a relevant moderate liberal party member and positioned it as a bipartisan thing... Not just "it's unfair to the left" but "vote for this if you'd prefer Scomo to listen more to you than to Murdoch".

His own short sightedness has undermined his chances of success.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

(just kidding. I voted for it the day it came out, and shared it twice on my Facebook feed). But I do think he missed a trick compared to how it could've gone if he'd cosponsored it with Turnbull or even any person affiliated with the liberal party to make it an issue that even liberal voters would need to consider.)

I was warming up my grilling fingers, you got me good. 

• Upvote 1