talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

I still have family out there in Victoria & Queensland since 1959, I am a great, great, great granddad a few times over with some of the family still out there, but I have lost track now as I don't communicate much like I did before living in Scotland for years.

I class myself more Scottish than anything else now but I do miss my Aussie Rules Football a lot though and my team Carlton, when I was out there I would go to there games every Saturday, come hell or high water. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

No but I lived there for 2 years so I picked it up, the first year I was living in rural Queensland for about 9 months and by the end of it I had backpackers surprised when they found out home was London and not Sydney.

Its still there a bit if I talk to an Aussie but mostly in the raising of the voice that Aussies do

You definitely sounded English when I saw you in early 08 was it?

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You definitely sounded English when I saw you in early 08 was it?

Yeah I was still in Sydney then and living amongst backpackers, after that it developed a bit

I still have my normal accent just have moments of an Aussie accent, but it became quite strong back then. Was working in a call centre not long after and everyone thought I was an Aussie at first. One girl knew me for two years and thought I was from Sydney the entire time 😅

• Subscriber

I got the nick-name Aussie when I joined the army in 1972 after coming back from Australia, I had a right Aussie accent and when one of the NCO's asked where was I from and I told him he said "Ok, we will call you Aussie as we have too many with names like Skippy, Blue, Wally (Wallabee) etc..." and that name has stuck since 1972, even at my last job before I retired they called me Aussie. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

You can do it yourself here: https://talkfootball365.com/settings/country/

Thanks, but I am afraid Scotland is not on the list Inger, only the UK which is the Union Jack, but I changed it to Australia anyway as I still have family out there since '59 and I have lived in Scotland and Australia together longer than in England. :ay:

10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Thanks, but I am afraid Scotland is not on the list Inger, only the UK which is the Union Jack, but I changed it to Australia anyway as I still have family out there since '59 and I have lived in Scotland and Australia together longer than in England. :ay:

I should change mine to Australia haha 

14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I should change mine to Australia haha 

Well that depends... do you prefer a flag that represents 130 years of British Imperialism, and 120 years of Australian colonialism, or a flag that represents a USA backed semi-ethno-state in the Levant? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well that depends... do you prefer a flag that represents 130 years of British Imperialism, and 120 years of Australian colonialism, or a flag that represents a USA backed semi-ethno-state in the Levant? :ph34r:

I think I don’t particularly back either. I hate Israel, no idea why I have it as my flag haha 

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's SO fucking big. 

For reference I've been as far south as Melbourne, as far north as brisbane, as far west as Bourke and I live as far east as east goes. I've covered like, a quarter of the country 

Bourke is close to my hometown and it still a fucking huge drive away

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Bourke is close to my hometown and it still a fucking huge drive away

Pre apocalypse I’d need to drive 15 hours non stop to get to the town nearest the border of South Australia. Insanity! That’s the same time as driving from Paris to Warsaw.