talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Enzo Fernandez - Chelsea Sign Midfielder from Benfica

• Administrator
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

time for a good 2 year ban on Chelsea for definite FFP violations, they have spent 500m in 3 years prior to this season, they spent 230ish so far and Nkunku, Santos is probably another 80m, Bendiashile is 35m and now Enzo.   

UEFA and the FA need to make examples of anti competitive and reckless spending, that or drop the ffp rubbish and let everyone go ham

Presume you'll be saying the same in a few years time... 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Presume you'll be saying the same in a few years time... 

yes, rules are there for fair competition, to limit or prevent "buying the league on credit" Chelsea do not have the money in the club, in Avramovich's years Chelsea registered 1 positive gross turnover of a whopping 10million they averaged around 50m losses per season.

If wealthy owners can flush wealth into the club it creates a situation of talent hoarding and if the wealthy owners leave, the clubs are financially ruined.   imagine if we can use the PIFs wealth to pay Mbappe 5m a week, Kvaratskhelia 2m a week it will create inflated markets and unfair competition

• Subscriber

When deals like this happen too early it can turn a players head (not like anything concrete has been called out anyways). Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen here because I'd like to see him do well considering how well Benfica are doing this season. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

yes, rules are there for fair competition, to limit or prevent "buying the league on credit" Chelsea do not have the money in the club, in Avramovich's years Chelsea registered 1 positive gross turnover of a whopping 10million they averaged around 50m losses per season.

If wealthy owners can flush wealth into the club it creates a situation of talent hoarding and if the wealthy owners leave, the clubs are financially ruined.   imagine if we can use the PIFs wealth to pay Mbappe 5m a week, Kvaratskhelia 2m a week it will create inflated markets and unfair competition

Did Boehly tell you that?

I don't think Benfica will be to keen on selling him for anything less than his release clause if they're going to cash in on him after the World Cup. I think a lot of clubs are sounding out Benfica's resolve to lower the fee, but I don't think they will - and why should they? He's just had a massive World Cup and if a club is that desperate to buy him they probably can pay the release clause.

But I do think a lot of clubs are hoping he won't make any moves in January so they can use the months of the window being closed between February & the summer to try to negotiate a better deal for Benfica - hoping Benfica will be willing to consider a lower price as it wouldn't be interfering with whatever plans they have for the current season.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think Benfica will be to keen on selling him for anything less than his release clause if they're going to cash in on him after the World Cup. I think a lot of clubs are sounding out Benfica's resolve to lower the fee, but I don't think they will - and why should they? He's just had a massive World Cup and if a club is that desperate to buy him they probably can pay the release clause.

But I do think a lot of clubs are hoping he won't make any moves in January so they can use the months of the window being closed between February & the summer to try to negotiate a better deal for Benfica - hoping Benfica will be willing to consider a lower price as it wouldn't be interfering with whatever plans they have for the current season.

they aren't desperate for money either, they have champions league and Darwin Nunez money

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I will be surprised if he goes for less then 100million in todays market, anything less is just chucking money away

Benfica sporting director Rui Costa is pretty adamant that they will not let Enzo go in January unless the full release clause is met. Reports on our end are claiming we are looking to do a similar thing with Nkunku, where the club are prepared to pay above the asking price (release clause) for a more favorable installment plan, as paying the full release clause in January would cause FFP issues. 

Think in terms of a outbidding, we stand a chance but its persuading the player himself that provides the difficulty. 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Benfica sporting director Rui Costa is pretty adamant that they will not let Enzo go in January unless the full release clause is met. Reports on our end are claiming we are looking to do a similar thing with Nkunku, where the club are prepared to pay above the asking price (release clause) for a more favorable installment plan, as paying the full release clause in January would cause FFP issues. 

Think in terms of a outbidding, we stand a chance but its persuading the player himself that provides the difficulty. 

makes sense, just whip out the ol credit card financial plan

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking hell. Prices remain ridiculous. He’s done fuck all to warrant that tag. However, Benfica will be laughing all the way to the bank. Just like Ajax with us.

Club is desperate to inject some quality in midfield and despite how good Tuchel is, at least Potter recognises our midfield is a shambles. Tuchel ignored the midfield for 2 years. 

I also read the 10m Benfica spent for him is a bit misleading given how fucked the Argentine peso is. Add Julian Alvarez to that. In reality, Enzo would've probably cost something similar to Endrick. 

Fernandez was brilliant at the World Cup, one of Argentina's rising stars. Can't say I've seen him much at Benfica though so not sure what the price should be, but clubs are always going to bump the price after a World Cup.

Based off of his contributions in Qatar I think he would suit Chelsea well, they need more players centrally who can not only defend but can also pass through defensive lines. He would definitely compliment Mount, Sterling, Havertz etc.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Someone please bookmark Orange's posts so we can have a nice laugh when, not if, when Newcastle start spending loads. 

Precisely this.

What I've been trying to get at xD 

• The title was changed to Enzo Fernandez - Chelsea Sign Midfielder from Benfica

Archived