talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Enzo Fernandez - Chelsea Sign Midfielder from Benfica

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/

This is going to hurt Chelsea in a few years if they fail to hit massive successes in Europe and abroad.

190m/season without the new additions will probably go as high as 230m when all totaled up making them more expensive than Man United by some margin yet Chelsea have about 200m a year less on commercial revenue.

Raheem Sterling 325k/w

Koulibaly 295k/w

Kante 290k/w

Lukaku 300k/w

W.Fofana 200k/w

Cucurella 175k/w

Azpilicueta 180k/w

Havertz 160k/w

Aubameyang 160k/w

Pulisic 150k/w

Loftus Cheek 120k/w

Chukwuemeka 100k/w

Ziyech 100k/w

Some rather shitty contracts

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I will be shocked if we get this over the line.... happy, but shocked 

Think we have. Castles is close with Mendes. 

Absolute mental of a January window. Really hope for the club's sake everything falls into place as intended. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think we have. Castles is close with Mendes. 

Absolute mental of a January window. Really hope for the club's sake everything falls into place as intended. 

We should have gone all in to get him the first time if we valued him that highly but despite the faffing around I will be chuffed if we get him... Hope Potter can get the best out of these players because if he can then we are looking at something special going forward... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

We should have gone all in to get him the first time if we valued him that highly but despite the faffing around I will be chuffed if we get him... Hope Potter can get the best out of these players because if he can then we are looking at something special going forward... 

Agreed. We screwed Benfica royally in finding a replacement. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Agreed. We screwed Benfica royally in finding a replacement. 

I would have to give Boehly credit here... I think he got stung with the Barcelona nonsense in the summer and learned quickly that you can't paper over the cracks with second choice players, Someone has decided that we need to go all in on youthful talent and build for the future and he has backed that with spending now and doing it in such a way that we can still be within the rules of FFP... That will change of course because everyone is kicking off about how it's being done but by the time they ring the changes we will have completed all our business.. 

The spending has been unreal but if the means justifies the end then so be it and we still have players that could move on so we could cash in there as well and recoup some of this spending... 

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hope it doesn't happen, 105 mill is just wild wild money for a unproven player.

That's always going to be a risk with players though... even experienced players that have done very well elsewhere and are proven could not be guaranteed to do well with another team and another set up..  

• The title was changed to Enzo Fernandez - Chelsea Sign Midfielder from Benfica

Archived