The better place to talk football.

3/4th Place Play-off - Croatia 2-1 Morocco - Saturday 17th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd love Morocco to win this as they will actually have something to take home. 

They'll have their luggage and stuff they purchased while in Qatar.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Morocco spank them tbh. Dunno why, just would like to see it.

Same. It'd be almost romantic really. I think they deserve one last moment to shine. 

• The title was changed to 3/4th Place Play-off - Croatia 1-0 Morocco - Saturday 17th December, 2022
  • The title was changed to 3/4th Place Play-off - Croatia 1-1 Morocco - Saturday 17th December, 2022

At least this game is more entertaining than when both Croatia and Morocco played each other in the group stage. This match could go either way. This is a much more open game than their previous encounter at this World Cup for obvious reasons.

• The title was changed to 3/4th Place Play-off - Croatia 2-1 Morocco - Saturday 17th December, 2022

Croatia have only been in 6 world cups, yet they have finished 3rd twice and 2nd once. All of those 6 participations have also come in the last 7 tournaments.

Modric also looks like he has a few years left. I'm not sure he'll make the next World Cup, but should be at the next Euro for them.

Gvardiol is also the defender to look out for in the near future. Not just because of this World cup.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Gvardiol is also the defender too look out for in the near future.

Looks class. Definitely should be making a team of the tournament. 

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Croatia have only been in 6 world cups, yet they have finished 3rd twice and 2nd once. All of those 6 participations have also come in the last 7 tournaments.

Modric also looks like he has a few years left. I'm not sure he'll make the next World Cup, but should be at the next Euro for them.

Gvardiol is also the defender too look out for in the near future. Not just because of this World cup.

I've always liked Croatia. Part of it is because they are a small country that massively over achieves. I think part of it is some childhood experiences. In 1998 my dad employed this Croatian labourer. He was actually qualified in computers but couldnt use his qualification in Britain. He was one of the nices people I've ever met. He use to always smoke outside the house when he came over. I don't know how old you are but back then people didn't really do that so it was very polite. Especially considering my dad was a heavy smoker back then. My sister used to like to show him her maths homework and he would always be polite and pay attention. Unfortunately he got deported. When it happened my mum was crying. If most of the English labourers who worked for my dad had been deported she would of drove them to the airport and payed for the flight to get rid of them. 

Also the world cup was on at the time. The German/English rivalry was more intense then. More people were still alive from the second world war. So it was more personal to some. In now days its still there but more banter based than before. Being young I was more easily influenced and rememeber them beating them 3.0 and liked them after that.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived