talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Potentially. I'm guessing this is Messi's fault :ph34r:

Well he had Co-conspirator’s. Messi and the Qatari’s definitely poisoned them all. 

Seeing quite a lot of tin hats on here recently. Bitterness is an ugly, ugly trait. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

You said in the semi-final thread (I think it was you) that you were beginning to hate Messi xD. And have called him a 'Qatari whore'. 

It's a weird thing to hate penalties. Or is it how they're given (in which case I can understand as some of the calls are very questionable, even aside from this World Cup).

He is a Qatari whore but I don’t hate him. I hate his personality cult. He is a remarkably uninteresting individual outside of the game

Penalties are boring, they aren’t exciting, they change games for the worse, I hate seeing a contest end because of something so banal. They are barely goals, just a training exercise between two players, I want to see teamwork, I want to see live goals

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Its not been terrible mate. France have been but the game hasn't been

Of course it is terrible. It’s one sided, I wanted to see back and forth action, I wanted goals from both teams. This is just Argentina bouncing France

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

He is a Qatari whore but I don’t hate him. I hate his personality cult. He is a remarkably uninteresting individual outside of the game

Penalties are boring, they aren’t exciting, they change games for the worse, I hate seeing a contest end because of something so banal. They are barely goals, just a training exercise between two players, I want to see teamwork, I want to see live goals

What if teamwork leads to a blatant penalty, as in good passing move, get into the opponents box and then there's a clear foul? 

What's the solution if no penalties are given? Wouldn't that undo the teamwork if there wasn't a penalty and not giving that team an opportunity to score? 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

France’s midfield not turning up to the final is shambolic for them… but genuinely funny if you don’t want France to win

Perhaps an over-reliance on Mbappe, who Argentina have kept quiet so far. 

Why is it genuinely funny for France not to win though? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What if teamwork leads to a blatant penalty, as in good passing move, get into the opponents box and then there's a clear foul? 

What's the solution if no penalties are given? Wouldn't that undo the teamwork if there wasn't a penalty and not giving that team an opportunity to score? 

I never saidthey need to be removed, or that they aren’t a solution to a problem. But just because they are a part of the sport doesn’t mean I enjoy having a team sport decided by the only aspect of the game that has no team involvement 

There are other answers but they just created different problems, it is a fundamental problem with the sport

For me it was always kind of a choice between 2 horrible things.

But for some period of time after this, Villa may just have the World Cup winning goalkeeper in their team.

I don't speak Spanish, but Ronaldo seems to deserve the 2-1 to Messi vibes.

Also, how ludicrously unfair 2 in a row & 3 within 24 years would be.. this is exactly the first half I wanted.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Perhaps an over-reliance on Mbappe, who Argentina have kept quiet so far. 

Why is it genuinely funny for France not to win though? 

I don’t want France to win, so I’ve found their midfield looking totally inept funny?

Just now, Toinho said:

Another Argentinian falling down. Nonsense 

Just now, Toinho said:

He has forgotten his cards for De Paul 

On the phone with my mrs and she said  ‘yeah, Argentina are getting a lot of calls…’. The only reason I bring that up is because she is as neutral as anyone I know, and if he notices surely that says something

2 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Once Griezmann can't have space to make some plays, France barely creates anything. They depend too much on him.

Yeah this plus Mbappe basically being cut off as an outlet for them to counter with has really killed France’s attacking ability. Their midfield has generally been very poor, whereas Argentina are playing like they’re in a World Cup final and are fighting as hard as they can.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Of course it is terrible. It’s one sided, I wanted to see back and forth action, I wanted goals from both teams. This is just Argentina bouncing France

I don't know any football fan who watches a game like that and calls it terrible. One sided yeah but not terrible. 

• The title was changed to World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

Archived