talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

football forum

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You can actually check these things they are checked by independent sources. Fox is in a league of its own for reporting incorrect or misleading information. But from what I remember NBC isn't great either. I've seen GB news report stuff that is bollocks. Just the other day HB posted a video from someone on there who said that there wasn't a consensus on climate change which there is and its been revified many times. If you can watch them without getting annoyed its good for a laugh 😂

Any news that comes from a 24/7 news channel is something that I think is going to be pretty biased - just how it's biased is going to depend on what that channel/news source's target audience is. And even amongst them, like Fox News & MSNBC - they're both going for people who identify as left or right wing "culturally", CNN the same but presents itself as a moderate option, but then there's Fox Business and CNBC that are fighting over the economic conservative demographic.

Fox, NBC, and CNN typically push the same news stories and honestly... pretty much the same overall agendas (they're all pro-corporate America) just with differences on the social agendas they are pushing towards their target audience. There's also the network TV news channels in the US... where it's not typically 24/7 news cycles because it's on the basic tv channels - imo these are better, with CBS (dunno who owns them) and ABC (Disney) news being generally much better than NBC, Fox, CNN - I think they're a lot less biased... I do think they all generally push the same news stories and have similar agendas.

TV news is shite though, it's just meant to suck people in and then they hit you with propaganda they want you to repeat. Infotainment rather than real information.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a farce. 

Non-existent penalty to open the score, the third goal apparently was illegal (some Argentinean subs are on the pitch when Messi is about to score and the ref should have ruled it off), Coman fouled inside the box in the 97th minute (added time of the first 90m, not in Extra-Time) and the ref keeps the game on.

Congrats FIFA.

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Skynews isn't as bad as fox news no where near. The nearest thing in the uk is GB news. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sky has the same owner as NBC in the US - Comcast.

In the US though, NBC's only marginally better than Fox tbh. And all 3, Sky, Fox, NBC... they're all shite.

It should be noted however, Sky News UK was also founded and ran by Rupert Murdoch, and Sky News Australia is still owned by News Corp. Do yourself a favour and always research  know who owns whatever news source you consume.

6 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Lol at people crying about subs crossing the line for the Messi goal. It would have been the worst decision in the history of the sport if they disallowed the goal for that. 

No, it wouldn't. It would be following the rules of the game rather than bending everything so the wankathon over the little rat can continue so he gets "his" trophy.

Why are people calling this the "greatest game ever?". The hyperbole is moronic. It wasn't even the best game of the tournament.

It was absolutely shocking for 80 minutes. Hardly an action or chances, Argentina barely had to move out of second gear and France didn't turn up. Apart from a two minute period of the match, it was an absolute shocker. Extra time then got fairly exciting towards the end. Then it was a standard penalty shootout.

As for Messi, yeah, he makes the top 8 of all time clearly. Maradona, Pele, Best, Duncan Edwards, Messi, C Ronaldo, Brazil Ronaldo, Zidane. One of those played for Northern Ireland and one of those died aged 21 so calling it is tricky but then I suppose in the group wank and the incoming surgery to remove Lineker's tongue from up his arse, it won't get any balance.

Argentina had favourable calls in the tournament but that's not new for a side that won it. Their win is deserved

The Messi and Ronaldo hate is now getting annoying. They both should just retire now so the sport itself can become the centre of attention again. 

2 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Why are people calling this the "greatest game ever?". The hyperbole is moronic. It wasn't even the best game of the tournament.

It was absolutely shocking for 80 minutes. Hardly an action or chances, Argentina barely had to move out of second gear and France didn't turn up. Apart from a two minute period of the match, it was an absolute shocker. Extra time then got fairly exciting towards the end. Then it was a standard penalty shootout.

As for Messi, yeah, he makes the top 8 of all time clearly. Maradona, Pele, Best, Duncan Edwards, Messi, C Ronaldo, Brazil Ronaldo, Zidane. One of those played for Northern Ireland and one of those died aged 21 so calling it is tricky but then I suppose in the group wank and the incoming surgery to remove Lineker's tongue from up his arse, it won't get any balance.

literally lmaoing at you right now. bet you get mad at people having fun at the pub for doing it wrong

1 hour ago, Spike said:

literally lmaoing at you right now. bet you get mad at people having fun at the pub for doing it wrong

Alot of English football fans are such narrow minded simpletons(well ones like him). It's crazy considering how the sport was apparently "invented" here. Americans are more knowledgeable.

Saying that football fans are largely morons in general. I cringe at this sport nowadays personally. Just look at social media, etc. Such a cringe of a sport. 

10 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Lol at people crying about subs crossing the line for the Messi goal. It would have been the worst decision in the history of the sport if they disallowed the goal for that. 

Much as I wanted France to win. Remember that the whole of Holland ran onto the pitch vs Argentina to fight.

39 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Alot of English football fans are such narrow minded simpletons. It's crazy considering how the sport was apparently "invented" here. Americans are more knowledgeable.

Saying that football fans are largely morons in general. I cringe at this sport nowadays personally. Just look at social media, etc. Such a cringe of a sport. 

If you watch goals of the season 99% of them are blooters from outside the box. That’s what English fans want and that why they love players like Beckham, Gerard, and Lampard. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Stan said:

Did Messi decide that?

Oh he didn't I suppose its more on the non-journalist voting process vs the fact that he had a good year with Barcelona. I don't honestly think it was his fault per se but there was a high amount of favoritism towards him that year.

Anyone else see those videos doing the rounds of Salt Bae trying to take away the world cup trophy away from a number of Argentine players for a picture and just being an absolute annoying little twat?

Surprised no one bashed his face in and how on earth was he allowed on the pitch for celebrations? 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Anyone else see those videos doing the rounds of Salt Bae trying to take away the world cup trophy away from a number of Argentine players for a picture and just being an absolute annoying little twat?

Surprised no one bashed his face in and how on earth was he allowed on the pitch for celebrations? 

No need to be so salty about it. 

8 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Didn't see the game but sounded like a boring one for 80 minutes then everyone suddenly said this was the greatest game ever.

The first half was a bit of an argentina masterclass. The second half wasn't special untill the 80th minute. However that is over 120 minutes of football and 85 minutes of it were entertaining. The quality of the game has been overexagerated. But games get remembered for overall drama. A lot of it is subjective though. A lot of people would of enjoyed the first half because of the quality of Argentina's performance.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not sure what the issue is with that to be honest.

I thought it was a bit of a generic fuck England post? Which is fair enough if it was but not my kind of thing.

Would you seriously rather see man utd win the league cup than England win the world cup? I can understand the league or champions league but the league cup or fa cup seems a bit odd to me. Each to their own though.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I haven't but that doesn't surprise me, seeing as he only became famous as an internet meme because he sprinkles salt differently.

Archived