• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Let me guess, this is Qatar's way of making sure Messi wins because they injected some stuff into the air at the France hotel or training camp... 

Not sure they need to do this when you're given 10 penalties per game.

7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not sure they need to do this when you're given 10 penalties per game.

To be fair the Semi final penalty was legit, I'm fed up of hearing it wasn't.

You can't just completely body check someone without touching the ball. Centre backs would just start blocking like American footballers if that were the case.

1 hour ago, Beelzebub said:

I would like to see what would've been the reaction if Qatar had the same dodgy calls given their way like Argentina. 

Apart from the fact they practically reinvented the offside rule to disallow the first goal of the World cup. 

I'm convinced they wanted Qatar to score the first goal but realised it would be impossible given how bad they were. 

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Apart from the fact they practically reinvented the offside rule to disallow the first goal of the World cup. 

Lol it's the same technology giving offside rightfully through out the World Cup, just as that one was rightfully called out. Your post proved my point

45 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Lol it's the same technology giving offside rightfully through out the World Cup, just as that one was rightfully called out. Your post proved my point

It was a marginal call that could have gone either way and was so hard to spot it was like they were trying to disallow the goal.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Not sure they did. 

I think the SAOT has worked very well and quite swiftly on the whole. Definitely far quicker than how VAR has worked in domestic leagues. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I'm convinced they wanted Qatar to score the first goal but realised it would be impossible given how bad they were. 

Thats an objectively wrong statement. The goal was offside

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Not sure they did. 

I think the SAOT has worked very well and quite swiftly on the whole. Definitely far quicker than how VAR has worked in domestic leagues. 

I personally think there have been a few dubious calls myself.

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Thats an objectively wrong statement. The goal was offside

Fine margins, maybe it was offside by the letter of the law but I do sometimes think they search out decision more in certain circumstances. Would they have gone that deep with the check for Ecuador, I'm not sure they would because it took multiple viewings to call it.

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

I personally think there have been a few dubious calls myself.

Fine margins, maybe it was offside by the letter of the law but I do sometimes think they search out decision more in certain circumstances. Would they have gone that deep with the check for Ecuador, I'm not sure they would because it took multiple viewings to call it.

Yes they would. I don't think they've got an offside wrong in this world cup

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Not sure they did. 

Yeah I think even SOME (not all) people who don't like var don't mind it. Maybe the rules could be changed because its so accurate.  I'm not sure if someone has an advantage if they are a few millimeters ahead. Before marginal calls were given onside because they couldn't tell on the pitch if it was marginally offside.  Perhaps the rules could be changed and your whole body or your whole leg or something has to be offside but as I  said that is a different matter. I had a discussion with a Chelsea fan a few years ago when you beat them in the fa cup final and they had a goal disallowed.

He said it was so marginal Chelsea had no advantage. However it was offside. It was the right decision. He asked me how I would feel if it was arsenal I said exactly the same its offside. They dont say in tennis its only just out. Its out 

• Subscriber

I feel this is a bit of a head against heart game. I feel France take it because I think they're just a touch better and do have the better players, but with Argentina it just sort of feels like fate. Feels like fate for Messi to get it in his last attempt, could even stretch it to Maradona and Napoli/Argentina this year too.

I'm thinking score draw. 2-2. I'm extremely conflicted on who'll win. Just how a final should be.

• The title was changed to World Cup FINAL - Argentina 2-0 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022
  • The title was changed to World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

Archived