talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nudge said:

This looks great! Can't wait... Do we have a release date?

De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Martin Scorsese... I'm drooling!

Nope, it just says 2019 so far. 

I'm hyped because of the actors of course, but the trailer didn't convince me yet. But we'll see. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope, it just says 2019 so far. 

I'm hyped because of the actors of course, but the trailer didn't convince me yet. But we'll see. 

I actually like it because it doesn't reveal much (unlike most trailers today that pretty much show the whole plot) and it does have that old school gangster movie vibe + they have a lot of references of the time period and I hope that they'll include a lot of it in the film (mob connection to the Kennedy assassination, mainstream politics, labour union affairs). Jimmy Hoffa phoning Frank Sheeran for the very first time and telling the legendary phrase "I heard you paint houses" is a perfect scene for the teaser trailer in my opinion. 

Ah also just rewatched the trailer; the release date is late-fall :D 

I was waiting for a reveal of the de-aging effects in the trailer, and unfortunately, they do not look good. Hopefully a lot changes but considering its 3 months till release I doubt it.

Marvel did it flawlessly, why can't these lot? 

• Subscriber

Other than the last closeup shot of De Niro which indeed looks a bit weird, I think the rest of de-aging in the teaser looks pretty decent? And to be honest if everything else in the movie is great then I honestly don't give a fuck about CGI looking a bit off...

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Couldn't they have just used actors more of a similar age to the character?

Both De Niro's and Pacino's characters appear in the movie at different ages spanning decades; De Niro plays the role of old Frank Sheeran (so similar age to the character) who tells his story through the flashbacks of his younger self (said to be about 30 years older and that's why they need the de-aging technology). 

On 01/08/2019 at 10:52, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep, if the movie is well made with good story, then the CGI hardly matters. 

In theory, but if it's distracting then it can take you out of it quite easily. 

Hope they can achieve levels to what was done in Gemini Man and Captain Marvel. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

In theory, but if it's distracting then it can take you out of it quite easily

Hope they can achieve levels to what was done in Gemini Man and Captain Marvel. 

Yep, if it's really bad. Like Henry Cavill's erased moustache in Justice League. Say a really bad makeup can be distracting, but I doubt someone like Scorsese will allow that. 

Stephen Graham is in this film as well and it's good to see as he's a cracking actor, especially when it comes to accents. From Tommy in 'Snatch'(as a cockney) to Combo in 'This is England'(with his own Kirkby accent), to playing a Jamaican in the film 'yardie', to Al Capone in 'Broadwalk Empire'. This type of film suits him and it doesn't matter what accent he needs to imitate as he seems to nail them all. Very underrated actor.

• Subscriber
On 05/08/2019 at 21:37, The Rebel CRS said:

Stephen Graham is in this film as well and it's good to see as he's a cracking actor, especially when it comes to accents. From Tommy in 'Snatch'(as a cockney) to Combo in 'This is England'(with his own Kirkby accent), to playing a Jamaican in the film 'yardie', to Al Capone in 'Broadwalk Empire'. This type of film suits him and it doesn't matter what accent he needs to imitate as he seems to nail them all. Very underrated actor.

Couldn't agree more. Cracking actor... loved him as Capone in Boardwalk Empire. There's talk of him joining Peaky Blinders in the next series. 

This films sounds good, i'll be definitely giving it a watch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Did you a see the still images of DeNiro young to old? All I can say is yikes, hope they are still working on the effects.

edit: just watched the trailer and they look better 

Yup, it looks a lot better in motion. 

• Subscriber

Looks fantastic! And the CGI/deaging looks pretty damn amazing... can't understand anyone complaining. I don't see anything wrong with it and it's kind of disappointing that we get Scorsese, De Niro, Pesci, and Pacino in a movie and all people are talking about is how bad the CGI allegedly is. Sort yourselves out :P 

Also the movie runtime is officially confirmed to be 209 minutes :o That's well over 3 hours! It's going to be epic.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

@nudge how dare you 😢

Hehe just annoyed with everyone complaining about everything xD 

Seriously I think both in the still images and in the new trailer the de-aging actually looks good. Well except that WWII still which looks dodgy; but the rest of it looks pretty spot on to me... 

uzqdg2x2eso31.jpg

Archived