talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fernando Santos Sacked For WC Loss

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have gone, at least, after the last Euro.

Mourinho is the strongest option to succeed. The FPF, apparently, offers him the possibility of coaching Roma and the NT at the same time. Don't know if Roma will accept that and how successful that could be for us.

Personally, if we can't have Mourinho full-time, I would give Jorge Jesus a chance. He would bring in an attacking mentality to this side.

1 hour ago, ASF said:

Should have gone, at least, after the last Euro.

Mourinho is the strongest option to succeed. The FPF, apparently, offers him the possibility of coaching Roma and the NT at the same time. Don't know if Roma will accept that and how successful that could be for us.

Personally, if we can't have Mourinho full-time, I would give Jorge Jesus a chance. He would bring in an attacking mentality to this side.

Genuine question: If the bolded part is a case pro Jesus, why you would want Mourinho? He's one of the most defensive-minded managers there is?

Mourinho's time as a top manager in club football is finished. He'll probably start doing national teams sooner than later.

Why not start with Portugal? He got the charisma, the energy, the balls, and his style suits cup competitions. The football wouldn't be the best but I am sure he would win us something.

No one else would excite me as much.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Machado said:

Mourinho's time as a top manager in club football is finished. He'll probably start doing national teams sooner than later.

Why not start with Portugal? He got the charisma, the energy, the balls, and his style suits cup competitions. The football wouldn't be the best but I am sure he would win us something.

No one else would excite me as much.

12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Genuine question: If the bolded part is a case pro Jesus, why you would want Mourinho? He's one of the most defensive-minded managers there is?

Like Machado said, he's got charisma, a winning mentality and I think the players would die for him on the pitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just noticed this thread, and I think Jose would be a good option, and I don't think he would let Ronaldo dictate to him and saying that he would more than likely axe him from the squad, that would make my day and others if that happened, Ronaldo would go into a meltdown sulk. xD

Next Portugal squad will be huge news, will the new manager opt to not call up Cristiano.

Hard to justify picking him on current form but I think he will get in and eventually retire due to him not accepting being a squad player.

• Subscriber

Roberto Martinez 'on brink' of Portugal job after leaving Belgium

Former Belgium manager Roberto Martinez is on the brink of becoming the new boss of Portugal.

The Spaniard has been in talks to replace Fernando Santos, who stood down as manager after Portugal's quarter-final loss to Morocco at the World Cup.

Martinez also left his role with Belgium following the team's group-stage exit in Qatar.

The former Everton and Wigan manager was appointed in 2016 and was out of contract after the World Cup.

Belgium, who claimed third place in 2018, went into the tournament as the world's second-ranked team by Fifa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64203058

Archived