talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Value Wilshere at £9m, Antalyaspor Make Bid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“I think Jack will be with Arsenal next season, yes,” said Wenger. “I will give you a very focused answer on that, that he has to work hard to come back and fight for a place in the team.

“But once he is ready, when he comes back, he will not be far from practising with the team.”

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They should add Wilshere to those black tobacco packet pictures. :ph34r:

On a serious note...

How long do you get as "potential"?

It seems that with English players it lasts until they call it a day.  He has talent, but then again hundreds of players have had talent and come to nothing like him.  Lets not forget that he literally has done NOTHING!  There is absolutely nothing on his CV other than the fact he played for Arsenal FC (for what that's worth these days).  That Brazilian I've forgotten his name that played at left-back played for Arsenal....  Who's he?  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks he's worth...  What matters is what he IS worth and that's nothing.  £9m is more than good money...  As for Walker...  He's had a complete good season and he's also in the now.  When is Wilshere from?  Also he's just come back from Bournemouth...  What's Bournemouth in football?  Aaah...  He had a chance to go to AC Milan and chose Bournemouth! xD

Sampdoria are absolutely mental and they seem to still be an example of everything that went wrong with Italian football back in the mid 90s.

It's pure desperation for that star player. Name me the last player to have an injury record like his that you could claim had been truly successful.

It's a shame as he's naturally talented but he's physically and mentally not up to it in my opinion.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Jack Wilshere is West Ham all over to be honest.

I think he's worth a shot at that price. He's got the talent to be a good player, but he struggles for fitness and lacks motivation. For whatever reason, Arsenal pick up a lot of injuries, so Wilshere may benefit from getting out of that environment (last season at Bournemouth he played in his highest number of games since 2010/11) and getting sold by a big club could be the kick up the arse he needs.

Of course, he could go on being injury prone and not arsed, but it's worth a gamble for a mid-table type club.

And yet Bournemouth have no interest in taking him on permanently. Bournemouth aren't scared to throw money around either. That says a lot really.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

but he's physically and mentally not up to it in my opinion.

Both those factors are his own fault.  A player can be unlucky with some injuries during his career and can even suffer some major ones.  But all of this injury scenario with him is mainly down to lifestyle and foremost not caring about his career by looking after his body as any athlete should.  The second factor you mention is joined to the first and both are part of each other and a consequence of one another.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and even less so after the decision he made last season.  It shows he has no ambition and just wants to live in a comfort zone.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Both those factors are his own fault.  A player can be unlucky with some injuries during his career and can even suffer some major ones.  But all of this injury scenario with him is mainly down to lifestyle and foremost not caring about his career by looking after his body as any athlete should.  The second factor you mention is joined to the first and both are part of each other and a consequence of one another.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and even less so after the decision he made last season.  It shows he has no ambition and just wants to live in a comfort zone.

Agree pretty much entirely with that. A complete scandal that he was in the Euros squad last year as well.

Hey stoke.... can you like... m kay? Thanks. I think Wilshere is a mong don't get me wrong, but he is a technically gifted mong when he wants to be. Then again he was supposed to lead England into a midfield promiseland with who was it Cleverly and that worked out just great.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

For me Wilshere should've been one of the greatest midfielders England ever had. He had and has the talent for it but between constant injuries and the fact he doesn't give a crap about his career, this is what we have. I wouldn't pay £9m for him. 

I don't even think that's over exaggerating, he could have been that good. 

Whenver I think of Wilshere and how good he could have been I remember that game against Barcelona in 2011. That was him at his best. 

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That's not quite fair to be honest...  With this I'm not trying or wanting to defend Wilshere but the period the others have played in has seen a more balanced England than the mess Wilshere was involved in.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's not quite fair to be honest...  With this I'm not trying or wanting to defend Wilshere but the period the others have played in has seen a more balanced England than the mess Wilshere was involved in.

Think they're club games from last season mate. That said, it's still not really a fair comparison as Dier's a holding player at best and Alli's a #10.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Think they're club games from last season mate. That said, it's still not really a fair comparison as Dier's a holding player at best and Alli's a #10.

Oh right...  Thought it was an average on England games.

Yeah well...  With Wilshere always being stop starting due to unhealthy injuries, he can never get on a roll.  The guy is a total mess.  In my opinion he doesn't deserve a shot at any Premier League club due to the lack of effort he's put into his career.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:13 AM, 6666 said:

No one knew Lucas Leiva was still alive and Liverpool fans themselves have been calling him poor for ages. Also not English, so wasn't going to fetch much. If we sell to Serie A, we won't get much. Need to tempt West Ham into getting desperate to sign a player and Swansea desperate to replace Sigurdsson with some of the ridiculous money they'll be getting for him.

Lucas was pretty good for us the second half of the season. Never was as good as he was in his prime before that awful knee injury which he never truly recovered from. £5m in this transfer market was far less than what he perhaps should have been worth and from what I've heard Klopp wanted to keep him as a squad player, but refused to get in his way if he wanted to move to a club where he'd have more first team options.

Tbh I think it's the same with Wilshire. He's worth more than £9m, especially in this market. But I think the low valuation is a favour to the player to get him more first team football. As things stand at Arsenal he's a very talented, yet injury prone squad player - and that is probably as far as he will progress at Arsenal.

Both players are/were valued at waaaaaay under fair market value this summer. Because this market is mental with prices now.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was actually saying that we did well to get £5m and that Wilshere is worth more than an extra £4m, especially in this market and with him being English. 

The fee is indeed an extra £2m mate... That automatically goes direct to hospital and doctor fees. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Arsenal Value Wilshere at £9m, Interested In West Ham Move

Apparently we're interested.

Whilst this has West Ham written all over it I'd like to see him at somebody like Celtic because the slower pace allowing him to focus on European games may benefit him in the long term, but if he won't take on a challenge like Roma there seems to be little hope on him doing what's best for his career.

6 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I would rather we kept him for a further year and let him go on a free then let him go for pittance. I don't see any harm in giving him another year, we won't really gain anything from selling him now.

It's not pittance mate. That money pays for another year of Özil's ridiculous wages. 

Rumours now mainly are that West Ham and Swansea are interested. That should at least mean a higher fee being talked about. Depends on if Swansea can rip someone off for Sigurdsson but we could get a decent bid from them.

7 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

More like Wenger's ridiculous wage... :ph34r:

I forgot about him!  I wonder why!... xD

Actually you're right...  That's one year of Wenger's wages out of the way off the back of someone that spends most of his life nursing injuries and chickening out of competing.

• The title was changed to Arsenal Value Wilshere at £9m, Antalyaspor Make Bid

Archived