The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - Fourth Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great tackle by Nat Phillips

Nat Phillips should be ahead of Gomez in the pecking order tbh. Gomez has been pretty poor since coming back from his last injury. Nat Phillips has been pretty reliable considering we call on him sporadically. He's not flashy and he doesn't really fit our system that well.. but I think he's much more reliable at CB than Gomez at this point.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Now that one was a bad connection xD

Gotta be honest, it's getting to a point where I don't really rate any of our players not named Alisson, Salah, or Henderson...

Look at the substitutes both teams have brought on. We bring on Ox & Keita, they bring in Foden & Grealish. 

Just now, Rick said:

Look at the substitutes both teams have brought on. We bring on Ox & Keita, they bring in Foden & Grealish. 

Think our CEO Billy Hogan's a massive twat tbh, last season we needed reinforcements in depth but instead Klopp somehow miraculously gets that squad going almost all the way in every tournament. We fall short and rather than build on that, we sell a key player and spend a lot on one promising young player... but neglect the areas that probably needed additional investment as we fell short because of that same shit of having depth like Ox and Keita. Couple his willingness to have us rest on our laurels with the fucking ridiculous PR statement he did with City's CEO before this match and I just want him gone ASAP.

I've got no faith in him at the helm of this club. It's hard enough that we lost Michael Edwards, but I think having a complacent moron as CEO isn't great for us hoping to remain competitive.

I'm sure Darwin Nunez will come good in the end, it's not as if he's had a horrendous start anyway and he's got some great attributes that could be devastating in this league, but when you've already paid best part of £80m for him, you'd want him to be hitting the target more.

There are times when he looks like a proper carthorse. Liverpool are going to need to be patient with him.

• Administrator

That ball from Ox for the 2nd Liverpool goal was excellent. No idea where Ortega was going when the ball got nearer to the goal xD

Defenders should have done a better job on Ake. Had 2 free headers and scored with 1 of them. 

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm sure Darwin Nunez will come good in the end, it's not as if he's had a horrendous start anyway and he's got some great attributes that could be devastating in this league, but when you've already paid best part of £80m for him, you'd want him to be hitting the target more.

There are times when he looks like a proper carthorse. Liverpool are going to need to be patient with him.

Reminds me of Heskey tbh. Good at pretty much everything except finishing. Tbh, hard to be patient with a striker that costs that much. Also makes me think the guy who came in to take Michael Edwards' job is a bit of an idiot for thinking "let's spend £80m on a striker that needs to work on his finishing."

Sad times when I genuinely preferred international football to watching Liverpool... although honestly I think I might just have depression and Liverpool are just good at fucking with my mental health.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reminds me of Heskey tbh. Good at pretty much everything except finishing. Tbh, hard to be patient with a striker that costs that much. Also makes me think the guy who came in to take Michael Edwards' job is a bit of an idiot for thinking "let's spend £80m on a striker that needs to work on his finishing."

Sad times when I genuinely preferred international football to watching Liverpool... although honestly I think I might just have depression and Liverpool are just good at fucking with my mental health.

He's very raw isn't he. I thought he had a poor World Cup as well.

Needs some fine tuning and I'm sure confidence plays a massive part too. Plus side, he has the attributes to be a success in this league.

Problem for you is you can't afford him to miss so many chances when you already have Jota and Diaz out. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived