• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 17 Fixtures - 26-28th December, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT) unless stated

all games live on Amazon Prime Video

Monday 26th December, 2022
1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png Brentford vs Tottenham 1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png, 12.30

1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg Crystal Palace vs Fulham 1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png
everton.PNG Everton vs Wolves 1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png
image.png Leicester vs Newcastle image.png
1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png Southampton vs Brighton 1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p Aston Villa vs Liverpool 155.png, 17.30

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png Arsenal vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png, 20.00

Tuesday 27th December, 2022
1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png Chelsea vs Bournemouth afc_bournemouth_-2013.png, 17.30

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png Man Utd vs Nottm Forest 1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png, 20.00

Wednesday 28th December, 2022
1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png Leeds vs Man City 1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png, 20.00

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This is a very tough to call fixture. Probably the two teams most hit by the stop in games as we were the two sides in best form relative to ability.

I've thought we'd lose but I'm 50/50 - Newcastle are doing brilliantly but do get the feeling they may revert a little to the mean.

4 hours ago, Storts said:

No Lloris, no Romero, no Bentancur, no Richarlison, absolute shitshow. Fully expecting to lose 

First time in a while you've had your first choice front three though isnt it?

Son, Kane, Kulusevski.

That's always going to make you competitive.

Haaland's homecoming. He'll get a good reception, hopefully he takes it easy on us.

Got to say, having seen De Bruyne bang in form last night I totally expect a dicking of the highest order followed by full facial for climax.

We'll need to not only defend levels above our normal capability but we've got to also be clinical when we get chances and rely on luck.

Can't see it. Think they will take a 2 or 3 goal lead first half and then drift through the game conserving energy.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

First time in a while you've had your first choice front three though isnt it?

Son, Kane, Kulusevski.

That's always going to make you competitive.

Yeah for sure, although Son has been poor all year and still in the mask and who knows how Kane will react.

No Bentancur is the real miss though, what a player he is 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

its been a minute, we have been playing sharp football since the return and probably should have burried Bournemouth. 

Leicester at the King Power is tough though the news out is they are missing 6 players including Maddison

Which 6 are these? 

If you're including players like Bertrand, Vestergaard, Pereira and Justin, they were out injured anyway. Soyuncu doesn't even play anyway. 

Maddison is unlikely to play. He's barely trained. Evans is out. They're the only 2 'real' missing players. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Which 6 are these? 

If you're including players like Bertrand, Vestergaard, Pereira and Justin, they were out injured anyway. Soyuncu doesn't even play anyway. 

Maddison is unlikely to play. He's barely trained. Evans is out. They're the only 2 'real' missing players. 

I think you named them, they were mentioned in a match build up thread, how much of a regular they are I'm not sure

• Subscriber

No Maddison for us. I don't know the bench so he could be on that but I know our XI, it's...

Ward

Castagne - Amartey - Faes - Thomas

Soumare

Tielemans - KDH

Praet - Daka - Barnes

Think it's basically what I'd go for with the players out.

This feels almost like an open day in terms of unpredictability. More I think about it though the more a draw just seems totally obvious - I don't think either side would be upset with it.

• Subscriber
On 24/12/2022 at 13:12, OrangeKhrush said:

I think you named them, they were mentioned in a match build up thread, how much of a regular they are I'm not sure

Justin would've played over Thomas. Evans is a tough call now because we seem to be working really well with Faes / Amartey and I don't think you can just throw him back in like that, it's hardly like he's in great form himself and I do think he's on the decline now. Forget Vestergaard and Bertrand neither will kick a ball for us again.

Couple of signings coming in January apparently and it's rare from us, we're usually quite conservative but we've already identified positions we want strengthening (left back and right winger). I want another centre back if Evans is fucked again. Evidently not reliable anymore.

On 24/12/2022 at 05:25, Storts said:

Yeah for sure, although Son has been poor all year and still in the mask and who knows how Kane will react.

No Bentancur is the real miss though, what a player he is 

Son can step up to the occasion imo, he's played well at the world cup hopefully he can bring tottenham some glory

Either way they have good Defense, good Offense, and a young-ish midfield.

No Hickey, no Onyeka, Jansson on the bench. For the first time in a long time Norgaard starts, without doubt our most important player. Janelt has deputised really well in his absence, be good to see them playing together.

We’ve got a strong bench today with Wissa, Dasilva and KLP.

Plan is to most likely play a 3-5-2 and stifle Spurs.

Raya

Roerslev - Zanka - Mee - Pinnock - Henry

Jensen - Norgaard - Janelt

Mbeumo - Toney

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

This referee is the worst around. Genuinely infuriating how inept he is every time I see him officiate. 

Did well with the penalty shouts though. 

I get what you mean in regards to not being able to control a game. I've only watched since half time so not sure if anything happened first half. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived