5. Nottingham Forest

6. Southampton

7. Wolverhampton Wanderers

8. Manchester City

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We have a habit of getting Man City in the quarters of this competition, so wouldn't surprise me if we got them again. 

Would prefer we got Charlton, Southampton or Forest at home. 

• Subscriber

I don't like that at all. One of absolute last draws I wanted. Ah well. We've had plenty of luck and you can't expect trophies on pure luck. Lets throw everything at them. They're on a high and that's why I wanted to avoid them but we've done them a few times at their place.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Will be a tight game. Hopefully can make home advantage pay off. It's the knowledge of pens without extra time that might change the dynamic. Less risk taking.

I think it's an intriguing tie. Despite us playing each other on Monday, I don't think that'll actually give much indication of how the cup tie will go.

We've got Forest only a few days after the cup game so I wonder what kind of squad we'll put out too. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I think it's an intriguing tie. Despite us playing each other on Monday, I don't think that'll actually give much indication of how the cup tie will go.

We've got Forest only a few days after the cup game so I wonder what kind of squad we'll put out too. 

We will go full strength again I'd think.

But cup performances haven't looked as good as league ones in attack for us. That being said the two prem teams we knocked out, Palace was the same result as league and Bournemouth was stats wise not far off but we drew in the league!

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Stan said:

I've thought about this a bit but I think they're likelier to go a bit weaker than us. I think we'll go weak at Gillingham (and they are truly terrible, I think we'll be OK) and a bit stronger here, whilst Newcastle have a bit more to play for in the league than we do.

But I do tend to agree this will go to penalties.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived