talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Felix - Chelsea Loan Deal Agreed

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Seems that way but something significant must have happened behind the scenes for that to have taken place.. I just can't work out if Boehly is a master strategist planning well ahead or just a dice roller?? I mean he sacked Tuchel for whatever reasons then brings in Potter which is almost akin to when they got Lampard in in terms of experience with a bigger club and we are currently getting the same results give or take.. 

He is throwing money at it but seems like he is the type to get all the pieces of the puzzle on the table in one go rather than doing the outside edges first and working your way in and by that I mean I don't see any of the pieces he is using fitting anywhere right now so it seems all a bit of a mess.. We don't seem to be making any progress.

If the players we were bringing in strengthened us in areas we are underperforming then great, slowly, slowly and all that but just don't see it as things stand.. 

I know with the LA Dodgers, he's very big on splashing the cash and it's been mostly successful. From our experience with FSG... the early days of having a relatively successful baseball owner come to football, there's a bit of growing pains in trying to adapt what works from that very different sport to football.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

When you consider how much he cost Atlético, he's surely got to be one of the worst signings of alltime? If not the worst.

Coutinho for Barca surely? They basically funded us knocking Barca out of the CL, then loaned him to Bayern to knock them out (and go win the CL). Or Griezman for Barca.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Coutinho for Barca surely? They basically funded us knocking Barca out of the CL, then loaned him to Bayern to knock them out (and go win the CL). Or Griezman for Barca.

To be honest, I'd say all 3 were equally as bad. You can also add United signings like Maguire and Pogba. 

Barcelona have spent loads of money, yet most of the best players right now, barring 2 or 3, come from the youth, or were young players bought cheap like Pedri. 

Should just stop buying. There is a reason why the first team were successful, why the youth team is successful, the women team is...it's because these teams were/are built from within with star signings added to compliment them, rather than trying to go all PSG/City and just buy anyone. It's not what works at Barcelona. 

There have been improvements though. More points on the board, by this stage, than in the last 5 seasons.

It's a team that is full of youngsters and new signings so it can only improve.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Nicolas Pepe

I mean, he did better for us than Sancho has for Man Utd, or Lukaku for Chelsea.

To be honest, if we took a deeper dive into this, Man Utd and Chelsea would have a lot of candidates. They get a pass because of how often they do it and everyone's used to it.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I don't think  we need him. I'm  fairly confident in our attacking players. 

You're not getting him. He's gone to Chelsea. 

Really not sure he'll especially be an improvement on Sterling or Aubameyang.

But, he may be one of those that let's everyone else play in positions they may prefer.

And certainly seems like Joao Felix has got what he wanted. A move he can perhaps use for his next move. Keeping his Top Draw image somewhat intact.

I just don't get it. It doesn't make any kind of sense.

I mean, he could take two or three months to get used to the league and then before you know it, he's back at Atletico and Chelsea are however much out of pocket and it's seen as an expensive flop.

Chelsea have more money than sense.

They have basically agreed to pay £9m loan fee for starters, with full wages on top of that, probably equating to not far off a million a month for 6 months. So that's £15m.

And the funniest thing is, he's only going to be there from mid Jan to the end of May so that's only 4 and a half months of Football for £15m quid. Crazy.

And does he really solve their issues? Scoring is a massive problem for Chelsea, I just don't see him banging in the goals.

Very odd behaviour but how can you sympathise with a club when they keep making daft decisions.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

I just don't get it. It doesn't make any kind of sense.

I mean, he could take two or three months to get used to the league and then before you know it, he's back at Atletico and Chelsea are however much out of pocket and it's seen as an expensive flop.

Chelsea have more money than sense.

They have basically agreed to pay £9m loan fee for starters, with full wages on top of that, probably equating to not far off a million a month for 6 months. So that's £15m.

And the funniest thing is, he's only going to be there from mid Jan to the end of May so that's only 4 and a half months of Football for £15m quid. Crazy.

And does he really solve their issues? Scoring is a massive problem for Chelsea, I just don't see him banging in the goals.

Very odd behaviour but how can you sympathise with a club when they keep making daft decisions.

I do have a bit of sympathy for some Chelsea fans like the ones on here. Not those obnoxious ones though that make out they have always been a massive club 

Archived