talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlanta United Thread

football forum

There is no doubt here that the MLS is growing, but its still got time for it to be a bigger stepping stone than Argentina. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

There is no doubt here that the MLS is growing, but its still got time for it to be a bigger stepping stone than Argentina. 

No argument there. But the gap isn't as far as you think.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:47 PM, Spike said:

I must say Atlanta United is bucking the trend of Atlanta teams.

Still mid-table, but now that this city has them and the Falcons, I must say it's nice having some exciting teams to watch in this city. 

• 1 month later...

If you haven't already, you all could do yourself good by watching an Atlanta United match.

Here are the replays from this past weekend.

As it stands now, we are moving up in the standings, and are comfortably in a Playoff position. MOTM was @Storts own Walkes at Right Back.

Here are the current Standings in the Eastern Conference.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f28b706a517aed7deb5f9b5f85b3250b.JPG

• 5 months later...

So - Now I can keep this back up.

Atlanta United were easily the most exciting team this year in the league, sadly we wore down by the end and ended up losing on PK's to Columbus in the playoffs. Of course, dropping 9 points to DC United didn't help our seeding.

But onwards we go.

Atlanta will be losing 3 'better' players in Asad, Lorentowicz, and Carmona. With the expansion draft, we had to lose some of our key members.

In the news has been Atlanta United going out and signing Nagbe from Portland (to essentially replace Asad), and now it's being reported that we are throwing a lot of money at Independiente for 18 year old Barco.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 02/02/2019 at 06:06, Panna King said:

Interested to see how Frank de Boer gets on as coach.

Agree - I only know of him from his time at Inter. Not entirely sure who his system will work with what Tata built. 

So we had our first preseason match this weekend against the Sounders. 

We won 7-1. 

The rest of our preseason friendlies include:

Atlanta United vs LAFC (10/02/19)
LA Galaxy vs Atlanta United (12/02/19)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 08/05/2019 at 13:26, José said:

Going to go see them play Orlando this weekend. First MLS match, I'll update how it goes.

...wait...

You're in Atlanta? 

Just now, José said:

Just went for the game yesterday and drove back home once the game was done. The traffic wasnt so bad, it was perfect time to roll blunts. 

As for the game experience, it was A1. Packed stadium and the beer wasnt too pricey. 

:congrats: Glad you had fun. yes, the fans here in Atlanta are the best in the MLS by far, and maybe are up there with some of the best in the world. 

Beer and food is cheap for both United and the Falcons, as Uncle Arthur said he wants to bring it back to a family event and not cost an arm and a leg to see a game. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

maybe are up there with some of the best in the world. 

I respect MLS fans a lot, but this is a bold claim. Better than the constantly travelling English fans and the more often than not consistent and loud Argentines?

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

I respect MLS fans a lot, but this is a bold claim. Better than the constantly travelling English fans and the more often than not consistent and loud Argentines?

Go to a home game and I would bet there aren't 10 better atmospheres in the world. I've been to a lot of stadiums and I've never seen anything like it. 

And comparing them to traveling English fans is an idiotic comment. Alabama, home of your friend @José, is fucking larger than England, but is the 30th largest states in the U.S., so you take those English fans into a much larger territory, like the US, and it becomes too time consuming and expensive to travel. 

Just now, Eco said:

And comparing them to traveling English fans is an idiotic comment. Alabama, home of your friend @José, is fucking larger than England, but is the 30th largest states in the U.S., so you take those English fans into a much larger territory, like the US, and it becomes too time consuming and expensive to travel. 

Well yes, you are right on that but I'm a big fan of English football culture. Even with the world class transport of a small country like England, I have nothing but respect for these "away fans" of England. Even if they can be very quiet and quite dull when even compared to the MLS, the numbers are there.

Without a doubt, the best fans in the world are the Argentinians. Even outside of football, they are always chanting and filling up concerts, and other events. It is scary how consistent they are.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

Well yes, you are right on that but I'm a big fan of English football culture. Even with the world class transport of a small country like England, I have nothing but respect for these "away fans" of England. Even if they can be very quiet and quite dull when even compared to the MLS, the numbers are there.

Without a doubt, the best fans in the world are the Argentinians. Even outside of football, they are always chanting and filling up concerts, and other events. It is scary how consistent they are.

Two things - 

English football culture is great, no doubt. But it's also over 100 years old, which makes it even more impressive. 

Atlanta United is new. 

And as for Argentina, that's a country, and never once did I mention that Americans or the MLS has the best fans, because that would be laughable. I said Atlanta United, we are different here, and I"m not even sure how it caught on like i did (Silverbacks games had roughly 3k fans at a home match), but damn it did and now it's a wildfire. 

Watch videos if you want, or listen to people who've seen them play live. It's unreal. 

Just now, Eco said:

Two things - 

English football culture is great, no doubt. But it's also over 100 years old, which makes it even more impressive. 

Atlanta United is new. 

And as for Argentina, that's a country, and never once did I mention that Americans or the MLS has the best fans, because that would be laughable. I said Atlanta United, we are different here, and I"m not even sure how it caught on like i did (Silverbacks games had roughly 3k fans at a home match), but damn it did and now it's a wildfire. 

Watch videos if you want, or listen to people who've seen them play live. It's unreal. 

Fair enough. I was never criticizing you though.

Like I said I have respect for MLS fans given they do come in numbers despite football not being popular in the states. 

• The title was changed to Atlanta United & Frank de Boer Part Ways

Archived