talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 18 Fixtures - 30th Dec - 1st Jan, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-off 15.00 (GMT) unless stated

Friday 30th December, 2022
1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png West Ham vs Brentford 1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png, 19.45

Saturday 31st December, 2022
afc_bournemouth_-2013.png Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg

1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png Fulham vs Southampton 1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png Man City vs Everton everton.PNG

image.png Newcastle vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vieira suggested after the Fulham defeat that we will need to rethink about the way we play. Thank Goodness. Forest and Fulham figured out if you have two players press on Doucoure in a 4-1-4-1 system then we have nothing. If two newly promoted teams have recognised it then we're in trouble.

It's a big game for us now. We're not going to pick up many points from now until April so we need to create as big of a cushion as possible.

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Challenge we have now is going into games where we are expected to win. A psychological shift and transition we have to make in the 2nd half of the season. Expectation is here now.

I think that's media driven, I'm sure how has the players believing they can win every game.    believing and doing is different and it's about routine now

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

They are games that we are expected to win but I do think it'll work in our favour that Leeds aren't going to come and sit back.

We should win really.

Absolutely. And that saddens me massively to hear such a harsh truth from a side that's not an established Top 6 one yet.

For a club of our size, that's never right. We shouldn't be going into games perceived as walkovers by the opposition but essentially that's what we are. We should at the very least be giving teams a reason to be worried about playing us.

I'll be shocked if we come away with anything. Can't say St James' has ever been a happy hunting ground for us from memory apart from that rare win during Covid.

The only thing I'd say in our defence, is that at this level, we should not be given two less days to prepare for this game than you. Very hard to expect us physically to match Newcastle after chasing the ball so much against City but I'm sure it wouldn't have had much of a bearing anyway.

Given he's had two stormers against us at SJP last two years, you'd be missing a trick not playing Saint Maxamin for me given how often we are exposed in the full back positions.

West Ham vs Brentford, the Danny derby, here we go.

Not sure what to expect if I'm honest, I don't think West Ham are as bad as their league form suggests and seeing as their at home tonight they will be at an advantage.

On top of that I was of the opinion that Moyes should drop Soucek and go with a more attacking midfield line-up considering they play with a back 3, he has done that. Paqueta-Rice midfield with Bowen, Benrahma and Scamacca ahead.

I think there will be a lot of goals in this game, especially with the strength of our bench and Frank's willingness to go for it when needed.

2-0 up and fully deserved. West Ham have had spells of possession but they don't know what to do with it, add ontop of that we have Ben Mee and Ethan Pinnock in defence it's very difficult for them to break us down.

Out first goal was a bit of a scramble, second was pure Ivan Toney, lovely ball played through for Dasilva to run onto and score from. Really happy for Josh, he needs goals and the more he gets the longer he stays in the first eleven.

I have to admit that I'm a bit pissed with how the matches are being spread out. "Pool played tonight and now we play again on Monday. Citeh played on Tuesday, Satuday and then Thursday??

I watch every game in the Prem because, well, it's footy.

Tonight I watched the Bees bitch slap the Hammers. I like watching Brentford and Palace as it's always a good watch. What I can't figure out is how Rice has this reputation of being a great midfielder. He was non-existent in yet another pants West Ham performance. He may want to be playing Champions League but I've not seen anything from him that makes me think he's worth a a big money move to a top six club. Maybe I've missed summat?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

rice s a good player but not to the levels he has been hyped.  the pressure is getting to him

Called this all along. Good player but think it's mental the way he's spoken of at times.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Moyes is on thin ice now I think. West Ham are never a million miles away from a meltdown and it's likely heading that way. This off the back of quite a heavy outlay too.

moyes is to pragmatic, they can't score so he sticks to a ineffectual 4-2-3-1, he should have the jolly green giant and Bob Marley up front together

On 29/12/2022 at 15:11, Lucas said:

Absolutely. And that saddens me massively to hear such a harsh truth from a side that's not an established Top 6 one yet.

For a club of our size, that's never right. We shouldn't be going into games perceived as walkovers by the opposition but essentially that's what we are. We should at the very least be giving teams a reason to be worried about playing us.

I'll be shocked if we come away with anything. Can't say St James' has ever been a happy hunting ground for us from memory apart from that rare win during Covid.

The only thing I'd say in our defence, is that at this level, we should not be given two less days to prepare for this game than you. Very hard to expect us physically to match Newcastle after chasing the ball so much against City but I'm sure it wouldn't have had much of a bearing anyway.

Given he's had two stormers against us at SJP last two years, you'd be missing a trick not playing Saint Maxamin for me given how often we are exposed in the full back positions.

I'm not so sure that Newcastle will win so easily as everyone here seems to be suggesting. I've seen Newcastle not really impress in games against Wolves, Palace, Brighton and Bournemouth, teams they should have really beaten. Also, Newcastle's(where they played their best possible 11) narrow league cup win over Bournemouth recently, wasn't exactly that impressive. Don't get me wrong, they've played very well in some other games, but I don't necessarily see this game as a foregone conclusion. The advantage for Newcastle in this game, is as you mentioned, the fact that they've had extra days rest. But even then, apart from a few days ago, it's not as if either side has been playing intensive competitive games in the last few weeks. Either way, it should be an interesting match.

• Administrator

Everton fans reckon this should be a red card...

Can't see how much contact there is, or where the contact is made because the clip is too quick, but he does fly in with quite some force...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Everton fans reckon this should be a red card...

Can't see how much contact there is, or where the contact is made because the clip is too quick, but he does fly in with quite some force...

Looks more aggressive than it is because he comes in at full tilt. Reckless challenge but not a red card for me. I don't know who else is supposed to have been sent off but De Bruyne left a pretty needless big one on Iwobi that he got booked for as well.

We still wouldn't manage a shot on target if they had two men sent off anyway so 🤷

• The topic was unpinned

Archived