• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: SirBalon

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Anton said:

Out of that sexy, sexy list of bands you listed above, how many have you seen live?

Best concert you've ever been to?

I've been to quite a few to be honest...  Bon Jovi, Guns n' Roses, Queen, Metallica, The Scorpions, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Def Lepard, AC/DC and Genesis.

The ones I'm too young to have been able to go and really makes me sad are one of my favourite bands of all time, The Beach Boys.  Obviously there's stuff on that list and more that I haven't put on that is way before my time.  But music is timeless and it's there to be enjoyed forever. ;)

6 hours ago, Spike said:

That is all pop music. You haven't even scratched the surface of music that has been made available through the internet.

I doubt internet music sounds better than those legends. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Favorite Tottenham player?

Osvaldo Ardiles or Glenn Hoddle.

Although if I were a lot older it would be Jimmy Greaves.

Is Belletti your nightmare?

He did what he had to do unfortunately. :(

Is Drogba your nightmare?

He was a nightmare to be honest, especially a man his size diving around so much.

Favorite manager?

Johan Cruyff and George Graham.

What phone do you use?

iPhone

Ever paid for sex? (not including me)

No mate!  One thing I would never do is pay for sex because that's a copout.  Anyone can get their end in by paying for it and for me that demotes a man to almost being meaningless. I prefer you mate. :banana:

What car do you own?

Right now I have two cars...  A Range Rover Evoque which my wife drives and my one which is a Jaguar F-Type SvR convertible.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ok then...  Give me some stuff and I listen to it.  I promise you I'll be honest.

Everything after the year 2000.

Who is the best player in the world and why it's Ronaldo?

Why is Messi so average when he plays for his country? Do you think he could survive for 1 season in England?

3 (realistic) players that you want Barcelona and Arsenal to sign?

Wenger to leave Arsenal or Mourinho to become the new manager of Barcelona, which one would you prefer?

Favourite place in England?

Is Iniesta the greatest Spanish footballer of all time?

Favourite football number?

Why Barcelona fans hated Alexis Sanchez?

Favourite TFF moment?

Most underappreciated position in football?

Ever eaten Greek food? If yes, which one is your favourite?

Why are Mediterranean people so sexy?:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Fusion said:

Who is the best player in the world and why it's Ronaldo?

hahaha...  You'll find it difficult to find any Real Madrid fan that's actually from Madrid telling you Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

Why is Messi so average when he plays for his country? Do you think he could survive for 1 season in England?

Messi is everything about Argentina.  Without him they're a mess right now and not only due to his talent on the field, but also psychologically he's very important to them.  But obviously at Barcelona he has a system in place that he knows and was brought up on...  Players in almost every position that are either the best or one of the best at what they do.

He would be amazing in England...  I think he would run riot with his football.  Obviously there aren't too many teams that could provide him with the football he needs.  Maybe only Manchester City to be honest.

3 (realistic) players that you want Barcelona and Arsenal to sign?

Arsenal

- Krychowiak

- Morata

- Manolas

Barcelona

- Verratti

- Bellerín or Semedo (Semedo already done)

- Deulofeu (done)

Wenger to leave Arsenal or Mourinho to become the new manager of Barcelona, which one would you prefer?

xD  I wouldn't want Mourinho to coach any club I have sympathies towards.  I've said it before and I'll say it again because I mean it...  If Mourinho was to coach Arsenal or Barcelona, during that period I would feel the same about either club the as when Mourinho is coaching someone else.

As for me wanting Wenger to leave...  I've been wanting him to leave for about 6 years now.

Favourite place in England?

It depends what you mean by "favourite".  London is the greatest place in England bar none for all the obvious reasons.  Nothing else compares, but then again as cities go, very few compare to London anywhere in the world.  Cambridge and Oxford are two other "cities" I really like.

For beautiful landscape and all that, then the Lake District, the cotswolds or Cornwall which I love.

Is Iniesta the greatest Spanish footballer of all time?

Not sure mate...  He's definitely my favourite Spanish player of all time and in my personal top five players of all time.

Take for example Luis Suárez (the original one), he's the only Spanish born player (a Galician :D) to have ever won the Ballon d'Or.  Not that there haven't been other deserving players like Iniesta, Raúl or Xavi in the modern era that should've or could've won it.

But there have been many extremely influential players throughout Spain's history.

Favourite football number?

- 14 (Cruyff)

- 10 (Maradona and Messi)

Why Barcelona fans hated Alexis Sanchez?

They didn't hate him at all.  Never was there any show of hatred toward Alexis...  I know where you're coming from and the problem for Alexis was that in his same position (the position he played for Barça) there was also Pedro who was and is very loved by the fans.

Favourite TFF moment?

That "El Real" brought me a lot of laughs because of how ridiculous he was and how he wasn't ashamed to write in a Spanish format literally translated into English which made no sense and only for understanders of Spanish would make them roll around in laughter.  I especially laughed a lot when he would right sentences in many different colours so as to try and get his point across.

That football league we done back at TFF was brilliant especially when I started stealing all the best players from other teams to come and play for Los Cause xD

I've obviously missed many other moments I'm sure.

Most underappreciated position in football?

It's got to be the goalkeeper.  How only one goalkeeper has won the Ballon d'Or shows how under appreciated that position actually is.

Although I would say that in real terms it's always been more of a case of certain individuals that have been under valued at successful teams.  Look at Real Madrid for example...  Would they have won anything in the last five or six years without Luka Modrić?  And last season Dani Carvajal was by far their best player throughout the whole season and yet he isn't the one getting all the plaudits...  Instead it's a player that was terrible for 5 months and then started tapping them in in the last 3 months.

Ever eaten Greek food? If yes, which one is your favourite?

I love Greek food...  Infact I love everything Greek as you well know.  Great culture, great people and wonderful country in general.

My favourite Greek foods are... Yemista, Youvetsi, Dolmades, Moussaka...  All the fish dishes done in Greece and obviously the wood fired oven lamb you find in the mountain regions. ;)

Why are Mediterranean people so sexy?:ph34r:

Because in general they're happy!  The sun, the food and the laid back culture.

Maybe for some of those reasons Mediterranean countries will never be the most economically powerful, but it's not about accumulating money...  It's about being happy and having a reason to really appreciate life.

All of the reasons above and dozens more are why people on the Med or with Med culture in Europe look so good and express confidence and a unique spice to life in their characters.  Take for example Med women...  They KNOW they look good and they make you KNOW that they feel this, which means they dominate us lesser beings called men in such a marvellous way. B|

You are on a plane which is about to crash with Wenger,Cristiano and Trump and only two paracheuts are left. Which two persons will you save?

The Madrid-Barcelona rivalry was a major reason for Spain's drought on international stage before 2008?

Your views on the Catalonian independence movement?

Is it true that every sensible man is afraid of his wife?

Do you accept that you are biased when it comes to Barcelona?

Do you want God to exist?

Tom or Jerry?

Do you know a single rule of Cricket?

On 7/20/2017 at 5:56 PM, Azeem98 said:

You are on a plane which is about to crash with Wenger,Cristiano and Trump and only two paracheuts are left. Which two persons will you save?

Sorry mate...  Just saw these questions... :o

Well if there are two parachutes remaining, one would be for me!

I'd give the other one to Cristiano Ronaldo because he's younger, prettier and richer than the other two.

I'd also jump out of the plane with banner stating "WENGER OUT".

Bet he'd still somehow survive to sign another two year contract while the other one would land his orange arse on some redneck's barbecue somewhere in Alabama.

The Madrid-Barcelona rivalry was a major reason for Spain's drought on international stage before 2008?

Actually that's not too far fetched.  It's been a hypothesis by many a football analyst over the years and I do know that in two generations (pre 2008) this was the case. ;) Well done.

Your views on the Catalonian independence movement?

My views on their independence is that they should have their referendum.  This is a free world and a people should have their say!

Another thing is what I think about it and that's that I think they're idiots...  Thankfully they're not the majority (just about)

Is it true that every sensible man is afraid of his wife?

Yes!  And any man that isn't is a fool or a liar.

Do you accept that you are biased when it comes to Barcelona?

No!  What occurs is that there's a bias on the reader's part generated by a condition referring to a club such as Barça.  I only tell things as they are. ^_^

Do you want God to exist?

Curious question...  It's usually "Do you think God exists".  Hmmm...  I'd be stupid to say that I don't want a God to exist.  But then again even if I do (because I'm answering this without thinking about it deeply), I wouldn't care what type of God it is...  In other words it wouldn't bother me if it was the Hindu (multitude of gods), the Pagan (various Gods) or any other type of ancient doctrine the Abrahamic religions are based on.  Yes I would like one to exist to be honest.  It would make things a lot more interesting to have certainty.

Tom or Jerry?

Jerry obviously...  Although in the Roadrunner cartoons I was always on the side of the Wily Coyote.  xD

Do you know a single rule of Cricket?

Indeed I do!  I used to play for my school team as I was also on their football and rugby teams.  I was a good sportsman to be honest! B|

Why do you ask?  Is it because I think it's one of the most ridiculous sports to watch in the history of sport?

Why do you want to go back to Spain?

What is your opinion of Petr Cech?

How long did you teach English for? What did you make of the experience?

What do you do for a living?

What is your opinion of Hector Bellerin?

What is your opinion of 'getting things done in Spain'' for example solving a banking issue, dealing with the authorities etc? Perhaps more to the point, what is your general opinion of customer service in Spain?

What is your opinion of Cesc Fabregas?

If you could give any advice to your early/mid twenties self what would it be?

7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Why do you want to go back to Spain?

First and foremost because it's better for my son mate.  The education system is brilliant, the weather is great, the food is excellent, it's closer to Italy where my wife is from and various other factors.

What is your opinion of Petr Cech?

One of a bunch of great generational keepers.  Not at the level he was for so many years while at Chelsea, but still has a massive influence because of his status and as far as I'm concerned has been very good for us.  All keepers make mistakes and his mistakes compared to to those made in front of him by his colleagues have been less important and detrimental.  But then again Wenger doesn't have any influence on how our keepers are trained or where tactical awareness is in question if you get me mate.

How long did you teach English for? What did you make of the experience?

For about 7 months before I decided that enough was enough and that's when I returned to London.

The experience is great if you enjoy teaching mate...  I do enjoy it, but I enjoy it more in a work environment where everything is directed toward a goal.

What do you do for a living?

Well what I've been doing for the past 7 years is working for what's basically marketing company analysing early signs of human behavioural changes so as to control and set trends.  I have built a great team over these past years and this is another reason as to why I want to leave now because it's ticking along itself.  People think they set trends themselves...

What is your opinion of Hector Bellerin?

I think he's brilliant!  He reminds me of a very young Dani Alves only without the protagonism he had in that Sevilla side where he also took free kicks.  But Bellerín is still very young and still has things to learn.  For me he's the best right-back in the Premier League.

What is your opinion of 'getting things done in Spain'' for example solving a banking issue, dealing with the authorities etc? Perhaps more to the point, what is your general opinion of customer service in Spain?

In general customer service is terrible in Spain.  It's better than it was many years ago, but it's still absolutely shit!

If you want to get something done at your bank, you need to take a day off work because even if you're given an appointment for a particular time, the probabilities are that you won't be seen at that time.  Also remember that banks close at 14:00hrs in Spain!!!  They do have to eat you know.

Spain is like exactly like Italy mate...  If you want something done, then greasing gives that extra lubricant to get things done in a speedier way (infact it makes sure things actually get done).  It's either money or influence that makes things around you function in such a manner that you would be used to in the UK.  So if you don't have a lot of money, then make sure you meet as many people as possible where you go and live so that you become a well known character.  But then again I'm talking about the real Spain and not about areas where lots of immigrants live like in Málaga, Alicante etc... etc...

Even simple things like in a restaurant in Spain don't function in the same manner.  Don't ever bother making a complaint about food or service and then expect a discount or anything of the sort.  They'll offer you an apology at most although they'll try and tell you how it wasn't really their fault...  The moment you say you don't expect to pay for something...  Hmmm xD  I see trouble ahead! hahaha...  Same in Italy and I have an anecdote in Rome where I saw a young English couple get into some rather tense strife when they suddenly decided they shouldn't pay for something they'd had.

What is your opinion of Cesc Fabregas?

His early years until he left Arsenal were tremendous!

(before I continue...  Do you see where almost anything can be seen as being biassed mate?  Just the way I started answering this question can already set minds rolling in ridiculous directions.  Anyway, I'll continue...)

At Arsenal he not only looked to be one of the most cultured midfielders of a generation anywhere in Europe.  But he also seemed to have something that very few midfielders of his type don't tend to have which is dynamism and such speed of thought that his intelligence would sometimes even make it look like he was faster at running than he actually was.  Everyone knew he wasn't the fastest player in the world, but he somehow always managed to end up getting away from faster players just because everything was calculated by him in such a way that by the time his nearest rival had worked it out, Cesc had already put his plan into the manufacturing stage.

The came his move to Barcelona...  Now, I actually think a change for the worse had been seen in him a year and a half previously while at Arsenal.  Not a massive change, but one that I didn't particularly like.  But all the same, he looked perfect to Barça!  Not only was he one of the best midfielders in the world at that moment, but that he had also come from La Masia to Arsenal and that his formation in the Premier League could only mean good things for Barcelona.

Wrong!

It was a mess!  It was a mess and that mess is ALL of his own making.  He wasn't helped that at that time that Barça squad were already being recognised as possibly the greatest club side in the history of the game.  Some of those players in there like Gerard Piqué believed the hype and acted accordingly to that...  The attitude in some areas of that squad was an attitude resembling more a US sports team that's already recognised as legendary (trying to set a scene here because I was living in Spain when this was occurring)...  Opulence, luxury and an aura of imperialism.  That was what Cesc Fàbregas walked into!

So there is that part of it to understand although all the same, he was hungry to prove a point and he was or should've been hungry to want to win as many honours as possible because he hadn't won any in all his time at Arsenal (but he's not on his own on that one).  Things changed in his attitude, he turned into a social media slut and he has to be one of the quickest "homegrown" players to have ever made a unanimous feeling amongst the fans of wanting him to go!  The large majority of the Barça fans suddenly didn't want him there and overtime he was picked to play (which was a lot) he literally slowed the team down.  You could physically see that everything was slower in every sector due to him playing.  Under Guardiola he played more in a false 9 role or as far forward as Pep could put him so that he would be out of the way of the mechanics of the midfield...  So that he wouldn't interfere with the important stuff in a top football team that is or should be the midfield.  Pep Guardiola done this at first so as to use it to blood Fàbregas in and that finally he would get it...  He never did and Guardiola also didn't like the way he had just become a type of character like some of the others when he was literally a nobody and he hadn't won or earned anything that the others had.

Do you see where I'm going mate?

I don't want to make this a thesis on Cesc Fàbregas xD

Cesc only has himself to blame and Cesc has continued in the same vein as always.  He is a class player, very talented.  But he isn't what he should've been, he isn't the player he could've been.

If you could give any advice to your early/mid twenties self what would it be?

Stop wasting your time!  Make a plan...  I wasted too much time having too much fun at the start.  I sorted myself out and made myself successful, but not like I should've done it.

But then again, life is for living and in some respects I don't regret what I've lived through in terms of my own decisions.  You have to ask yourself a very important question as an individual in today's times.

Do you want to have your fun early on and work it hard later?

Or do you want to retire early while you're relatively young and live then?

You see...  There are two fundamental factors to the decision on both questions.  It's all about one person, one personality and yet answering one of those questions and executing it means we get a whole different individual.  One answer and decision to go ahead with an option decides whether you're going to be a selfish individual or offer everything about you to a family you may one day have! ;)

• This topic was unpinned and locked

Archived