The better place to talk football.

Scariest character in horror/chiller movies/series

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The-Thing-3.jpg

This bat-shit crazy fucker. Eventhough I have watched it countless times I still get the jitters everytime I see the scene where the guy is screaming to kill it and he freezes. Carpenter did some very good work in the early years with very little.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I always thought Michael Bay's Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre was utterly frightening. 

MV5BNWUyMzY2YzUtZTNkNS00YTQzLTk2OWQtMGU5

It almost feels like an ode to Myers whenever I see this character even though the two are oceans apart. 

I am going to have a field day in here... 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

The-Thing-3.jpg

This bat-shit crazy fucker. Eventhough I have watched it countless times I still get the jitters everytime I see the scene where the guy is screaming to kill it and he freezes. Carpenter did some very good work in the early years with very little.

Such a great film with a great cast as well... some fine suspense and some decent comedy moments made this one of my all time favourite films.. 

See the source image

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Michel Bay's version is arguably the best horror remake ever imo. 

Not even fucking close. It's mid anyways imo. 

John Carpenters the thing is the best horror remake. The It remake is also better. 

When I was a kid Currys it was scary af, as was Freddy. The idea of a dude just popping up in your dreams is perfect, as it preys on the after affects of the film. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not even fucking close. It's mid anyways imo. 

John Carpenters the thing is the best horror remake. The It remake is also better. 

When I was a kid Currys it was scary af, as was Freddy. The idea of a dude just popping up in your dreams is perfect, as it preys on the after affects of the film. 

Your kid self was a pussy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most of these are just monsters with little character. I like Jack Nicholson’s portrayal in The Shining. The history of domestic violence and alcoholism bubbling underneath the surface of a father and husband, whose family is trying it’s best to sweep it all under the rug for a second chance is quite scary. I always felt like Nicholson’s portrayal of the character was a bee’s dick away from having a full blown domestic situation even before he was told to chop his family to bits by the evil ghost hotel.

The scene of the father reassuring his son he would never hurt him or his mother is really subdued terror. Yeah, it’s not scary in the shock value sort of way but it must be a relatable horror for a lot of people, just framed in a ghost story.

• Subscriber

I'm not into horror movies and I pretty much avoid everything that's pure horror with deformed entities, monsters, jumpscares and whatnot, but I do like suspenseful, eerie movies where the fear is generated through more subtle means. So for you horror lovers this will probably look like a ridiculous choice, but André Linoge played by Colm Feore in Stephen King's Storm of the Century was always one of the scariest antagonists for me.

p184498_i_v8_ac.jpg

Damn I love that miniseries.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not into horror movies and I pretty much avoid everything that's pure horror with deformed entities, monsters, jumpscares and whatnot, but I do like suspenseful, eerie movies where the fear is generated through more subtle means. So for you horror lovers this will probably look like a ridiculous choice, but André Linoge played by Colm Feore in Stephen King's Storm of the Century was always one of the scariest antagonists for me.

p184498_i_v8_ac.jpg

Damn I love missonary

😮

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

So for you horror lovers this will probably look like a ridiculous choice, but André Linoge played by Colm Feore in Stephen King's Storm of the Century was always one of the scariest antagonists for me.

Doing it that way then this guy in you know what with his scary eyes made me shiver a wee bit...

silence-of-the-lambs-anthony-hopkins-01.

Archived