talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scariest character in horror/chiller movies/series

football forum

Never really got scared by the masked/grotesque looking characters but more the one's that appeared normal but were 'unpredictable' in behaviour.

For me, the character that unsettled me first time I saw Misery was Annie Wilkes, a role which Kathy Bates absolutely nailed and why she got an Oscar for it.

annie-wilkes.jpg

The fact this character is bipolar really puts you on edge for the whole film because one minute she appears fairly normal, the next, she flips and goes bat-shit crazy. She is so inconsistsnt in behaviour that you don't know how she is going to react next and that is what puts me most on edge.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 22/01/2023 at 06:47, Carnivore Chris said:

Clowns man, they are creepy as fuck.

This. The one thing that still fucks me up man. To this day its the one season of AHS I refused to watch (Freakshow) I dont like clowns. 

This is a tough one. As an avid horror fan and clown hater Pennywise still fucks me up. The original and the remake both; Tim Curry haunted my childhood and Bill Skarsgard haunted my adulthood.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Not as creepy as these things... 

Dead Silence Halloween GIF by Storyful

If you ever watched the film 'Dead Silence' you would know what I mean... 

In the late 70s,early 80s, Japan had a show called Starfleet where all the characters had this kind of a look to them. Granted this is much creepier but every time I saw that show it gave me a bit of the creeps. 

Reverend Kane from Poltergeist 2. I saw just this scene as a kid (my brother was watching it) and it freaked me out for years. Especially the first part where he just casually walks singing.

Apparently the actor (Julian Beck) looked the way he did because he had terminal stomach cancer while filming this movie.

Archived