• Man City
    • Newcastle
    • Other

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Manchester City will still win it. 

As much as they look so far off their level of last season, I think they're the only side you'd back to go on a 10+ game winning run. And if they do that then they probably will.

15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We need to beat Arsenal home & away if we are to have any chance or they go on a bad run 

need some overhauls in the summer.

walker - looks burnt out

ake - bottom half level defender

Gundogan - getting old

Phillips - not good enough, mid table level

Dr Bruyne - while good he is aging

Mahrez - Aging

Graelish - hasn't worked out

The pressure is gonna be more intense for the second half of the season. At the beginning of the season we were aiming for top 4 we weren't thinking about winning the league at all. We should really get that now with a 13 point gap to fourth. But now we are 1 game from half way through the season with an 8 point gap. If we were comfortably in the top 4 but had no chance of winning the league there wouldn't be pressure. But when you are in the position we are in even if there is no outside pressure, the players are gonna wanna win it  now and so there will be personal pressure that they put on themselves. 

The fact is though is that we have only dropped 10 points all season. If we drop around another 12 points to the end of the season we will have a very good chance. So really if we can keep the form up we have a good chance.

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

need some overhauls in the summer.

walker - looks burnt out

ake - bottom half level defender

Gundogan - getting old

Phillips - not good enough, mid table level

Dr Bruyne - while good he is aging

Mahrez - Aging

Graelish - hasn't worked out

De Bruyne is still the best midfielder in the world, going nowhere for awhile yet, Ake is good too, guess you haven't watched him much. Gundogan is getting replaced by Bellingham, id be happy with him, Leao & Gvardiol this summer. Phillips has been injured all season so not had a chance yet

• Subscriber

I don't see any stopping Arsenal. People saying about the gap to close but I think it'll widen further if anything. I think they're the real deal. Arteta's doing exceptional things.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't see any stopping Arsenal. People saying about the gap to close but I think it'll widen further if anything. I think they're the real deal. Arteta's doing exceptional things.

We have to beat them home and away, if not it's Arsenal's this season

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have to beat them home and away, if not it's Arsenal's this season

You do but they're just relentless. Only dropped points twice all season. They're going to take some stopping even without that. They've lost Jesus and they're still on fire. There's an inevitability about them this season. I never had any doubt they'd win at Spurs.

• Subscriber

I really would like Arsenal to win it but I think it wont be City undoing them. It's the other teams looking to climb the ladder that start getting desperate and pushing for draws that might actually cause more of an upset at the top. This is that part of the season where you either get it right or it all goes to shit. 

Man City beat Tottenham tomorrow (which is likely) and they're only 5 points behind.

If we drop points against Man Utd on Sunday (which is very possible) and Man City then beat Wolves (which is likely) then Man City are only 2 or 3 points behind us.

We'd have a game in hand but 2 or 3 points ahead with a game in hand doesn't sound like a massive advantage especially with us needing to play Man City twice. That's why I'd still have Man City as favourites.

If Man Utd drop points today, Tottenham do us a favour tomorrow, and then we beat Man Utd... that might make things comfortable.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man City beat Tottenham tomorrow (which is likely) and they're only 5 points behind.

If we drop points against Man Utd on Sunday (which is very possible) and Man City then beat Wolves (which is likely) then Man City are only 2 or 3 points behind us.

We'd have a game in hand but 2 or 3 points ahead with a game in hand doesn't sound like a massive advantage especially with us needing to play Man City twice. That's why I'd still have Man City as favourites.

If Man Utd drop points today, Tottenham do us a favour tomorrow, and then we beat Man Utd... that might make things comfortable.

This is why I'm still cautious. I'm 55% man city 45% arsenal. We could quite easily go on a bad run and that lead could be wiped out. The players are under more presure now because of having a good chance of winning it. They weren't under that pressure before. People call it bottling it but to perform at your best under that pressure is very hard. Champions league is almost certian, which was the aim at the beginning of the season. But we have every right to be disappointed if we dont win it now. But at the same time that doesn't mean we should expect to and regard not winning it as failure.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Arsenal win as my Pop is a fan. 

Other than that I'm not too sure, but I hope Manchester City don't win it this year, and from the sounds of the ongoing investigation, they may not even be allowed to win it. 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

I hope Arsenal win as my Pop is a fan. 

Other than that I'm not too sure, but I hope Manchester City don't win it this year, and from the sounds of the ongoing investigation, they may not even be allowed to win it. 

It won't be sorted out by the end of the season. It took 4 years of investigation so it will take a long time. Whether they will strip city of previous titles I don't know but it won't be this season that we know

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Every do a couple of final predictions and you can't change them. The league winners and the top 4.

Arsenal

City

United

Spurs

Its funny that everyone is talking about spurs season being terrible and conte not knowing what he is doing when they are only one point of top 4. I do think Newcastle will finish above them though as they have to play them at home. 

it remains arsenals to lose.   the Goodison upset was a once off and I expect arsenal to coast like max Verstappen the final 10 races.  while I would absolutely love a Tyneside fairy tale come from behind, it won't happen and I am on board with arsenal winning it, good club, big tradition and a massive fan base. 

Arsenal are also proof you don't need massive money to win.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

sorry what xDxD 

They've spent half a billion in the last 5 years. And about £175m this season alone xD.

Jesus, Zinchenko, Vieira, Trossard, Kiwior, Jorginho, Marquinhos.

Yeah they were signings they've needed, but they've spent massive money.

What a bizarre comment. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it remains arsenals to lose.   the Goodison upset was a once off and I expect arsenal to coast like max Verstappen the final 10 races.  while I would absolutely love a Tyneside fairy tale come from behind, it won't happen and I am on board with arsenal winning it, good club, big tradition and a massive fan base. 

their spending was done on the back of a plan, they built a foundation then put the pieces together.   compared to their rivals it is not that bad.

Archived