talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle - Tuesday 3rd January, 2023

football forum

I think the result is good for anyone due to play Arsenal tbh, I don’t think it’s their moment where they start to flop out of the title race and whatever happens regarding them being top or not, it’s top 4 that is what they should be looking at as a minimum, not the title.

But the reason I say it’s good for teams left to play them soon is that it sets a precedent that they can be stopped at home, not just in other teams heads but in their own heads to. Add that to the mix of Jesus‘ injury and there could be more dropped points now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this league is no longer Liverpool and City running away with it, a bunch of teams very capable of taking points off each other.   

I am delighted with how resolute the team stood up to a team which on paper is twice the value, at a ground where they have only won games.  in the end we were worth the point.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle - Tuesday 3rd January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Howe was professional in handling of the post match.  He said there is no issue with Arteta it was just emotions and it was over.   Eddie Howe is just a likeable guy

It was a good job Howe stayed in his lane actually because it would have made him look a right tit if he chirped up after his post match comments against us Saturday.

Apparently that was a sign of how far you've come if we were breaking up momentum of the game and time wasting.

That was exactly what I saw Newcastle doing last night to Arsenal. Luckily for him, he never opened himself up for criticism.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

It was a good job Howe stayed in his lane actually because it would have made him look a right tit if he chirped up after his post match comments against us Saturday.

Apparently that was a sign of how far you've come if we were breaking up momentum of the game and time wasting.

That was exactly what I saw Newcastle doing last night to Arsenal. Luckily for him, he never opened himself up for criticism.

I think it is a sign of how far we've come though? Also a sign of how good Arsenal have been recently that we had to do it last night.

We were better than I was expecting.

First half competive, second half deeper and deeper and not offering much is a bit of a pattern in these tough away games we need to improve on.

In the past however we'd have lost 3-0 but we are defensively formidable.

38 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

We were better than I was expecting.

First half competive, second half deeper and deeper and not offering much is a bit of a pattern in these tough away games we need to improve on.

In the past however we'd have lost 3-0 but we are defensively formidable.

There was a rumour going around that you had a £211 million net spend but its not true. I think its around £134 million. However I don't think you would of attracted some of the players you have bought before 

with isak back he can play on the left moving joelinton back into the midfield.  it means one of willock or longstaff add bench depth.  

we need a LB, RB (understudy) and CM this window, that said one news outlet had us linked to Mendy and Trossard which would add quality down the left side.

22 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

with isak back he can play on the left moving joelinton back into the midfield.  it means one of willock or longstaff add bench depth.  

we need a LB, RB (understudy) and CM this window, that said one news outlet had us linked to Mendy and Trossard which would add quality down the left side.

Longstaff isn’t going to be good enough as the team progresses. 

1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Are you prepared for the plastic fan brigade 

some has happened the constant bashers of Longstaff, Wood, Murphy, yes these guys have less talent but they work hard and are always fit and dependable.   eventually they will be replaced but right now they are squad players.   

the plastics are the ones that thought we can go to arsenal and just play beautiful football, they spent the night bashing Joelinton and Wilson too, even Big Dan.   I let them know that sometimes you need to dig in like Bastogne

12 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

There was a rumour going around that you had a £211 million net spend but its not true. I think its around £134 million. However I don't think you would of attracted some of the players you have bought before 

Isak who hasnt played due to injury distorts a lot of the Newcastle spending stats.

Of the players on the pitch it's about £80-90m of new era signings. Of those 5, 3 of them would never touch us under Ashley but I bet Dan Burn and Nick Pope would have.

Archived