The Last of Us (HBO Series)

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

So I watched EP1 and have to say its good but all the hype it has is a bit unjustified. Will wait for more folks to watch it and give my take.

On a scale from 1 to Alien: Isolation, how scary is it? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Thought it was very good. Love the dialogue and screenplay. 

Knowing virtually nothing about the game. 

I think certain things were done really well. Like the first 30 minutes was superb imo.

• Administrator

First episode was pretty solid, I used to play a lot of Fallout so a fucked up future has always been an interesting narrative vehicle. I haven't played the game of The Last Of Us, so this should temper my expectations.  

• Subscriber

Second episode did not disappoint. Carried on being perfect. I saw the sole credit for director was Neil Drunkmann who is co president of Naughty Dog and was in charge of the games more or less. It makes alot of sense given how the some of the dialogue scenes where exactly copied and even sets down to the small details looked bang on. I love it so far. 

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Played the last of us 1 and 4 or 5 times. Are the stories similar to the games? Is 9.4 on IMDB which is a very high rating.

No idea, but I did read that IMDB ranked The Last of Us the best video game ever made. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Played the last of us 1 and 4 or 5 times. Are the stories similar to the games? Is 9.4 on IMDB which is a very high rating.

I know how much you loved the games, you will love the series. At times they even take exact dialogues. Only two episodes but its fantastic so far. Neil Drunkmann is a credited director so you see why. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I know how much you loved the games, you will love the series. At times they even take exact dialogues. Only two episodes but its fantastic so far. Neil Drunkmann is a credited director so you see why. 

I saw the advert, the guy playing Joel is the DEA agent in Narcos Colombia. During the bonking scenes, the motion in which his bum went up and down is so tense and gripping.

• Subscriber

HBO just needs to take over doing every show I love. Episode 3 was a fair amount of deviations but what they did shows alot better. Overall excellent yet again. I nearly forgot Nick Offerman was in it too, he played an excellent Bill. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Rick said:

I’m loving this show. 

Episode 3 is one of the best episodes of any tv series I’ve ever seen. Perfection. 

Its just brilliant. I just love the absolute mixed reactions from either being a masterpiece to lgbtq agenta pushing garbage. Theres no in between in any of the reviews xD

Archived