The better place to talk football.

The Last of Us (HBO Series)

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

I've read that they used Max Richter's "On the Nature of Daylight" in an episode. Now I have to watch it. One of my favourite pieces of music of all time. 

I will google this song, but yes, watch it. Im a fan boy but its legitimately great so far.  

Been avoiding this like the plague as I've been doing the game but finished it last night so can crack on with this. 

I think had I played the game at the time it was released, with zero insight it could have been a real 10/10. As it happens, was still absolutely superb. Ellie is probably one of the best side characters ever written, she's perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I am all caught up and have to say this show gets better as the episodes progress. I like how the little cues in the show that are just dropped about the characters helps viewers understand the kind of people they are. EP6 imo is a great exposition on how to turn the show after characters tell you things about themselves. 

Every time someone says that it's easy to adapt a video game to TV I am wary because they've literally fucked up most games in the adaptation process but this is very good. At the start I didn't care for Bella Ramsey and I still don't honestly but Pedro's depiction of Joel is superb. 

Edit: Give this a watch @nudge you won't be disappointed and no there is no Alien:Isolation style horror in it.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am all caught up and have to say this show gets better as the episodes progress. I like how the little cues in the show that are just dropped about the characters helps viewers understand the kind of people they are. EP6 imo is a great exposition on how to turn the show after characters tell you things about themselves. 

Every time someone says that it's easy to adapt a video game to TV I am wary because they've literally fucked up most games in the adaptation process but this is very good. At the start I didn't care for Bella Ramsey and I still don't honestly but Pedro's depiction of Joel is superb. 

Edit: Give this a watch @nudge you won't be disappointed and no there is no Alien:Isolation style horror in it.

I fucking love this show. I had high expectations going in with the best part of the games being the story and I'm still in awe of what they did with it. I didn't care for the casting of Bella Ramsey originally but I think she's been an excellent Ellie overall. At the end of the day your right though Pedro steals the show and I think the last episode in particular just shows off his range.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Sounds good... I had it on my list, but then kinda decided against it. Will have to watch it now though after such a review from you!

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I fucking love this show. I had high expectations going in with the best part of the games being the story and I'm still in awe of what they did with it. I didn't care for the casting of Bella Ramsey originally but I think she's been an excellent Ellie overall. At the end of the day your right though Pedro steals the show and I think the last episode in particular just shows off his range.

When he talks to his brother you see Joel for what he really is. Quite the moment have to say.

On 07/02/2023 at 18:09, Whiskey said:

Been avoiding this like the plague as I've been doing the game but finished it last night so can crack on with this. 

I think had I played the game at the time it was released, with zero insight it could have been a real 10/10. As it happens, was still absolutely superb. Ellie is probably one of the best side characters ever written, she's perfect.

You played 1 and 2?

You played 1 and 2?

You played 1 and 2?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

The Last Of Us to me is just a movie disguised as a game anyways. Still, happy Naughty Dog eventually got this to become a series with their brilliant story telling back then.

TBF I think the gameplay in the second one in particular was pretty excellent. The NPC's weren't just pilons and actually reacted to noises and patrolled area's decently enough even on mid difficulty. You are definitely right about the story telling though which is why I was pretty excited when this was announced, it seemed like it would translate seemlessly and so far its far exceeded my expectations. 

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

You played 1 and 2?

Only the first one mate, I was always on Xbox so never got round to it. Played the new Remaster on PS5 which I got for Christmas.

Really enjoyed it, could tell it would have been absolutely ground breaking had I played when it came out originally.

Ellie is one of the best characters ever written.

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Only the first one mate, I was always on Xbox so never got round to it. Played the new Remaster on PS5 which I got for Christmas.

Really enjoyed it, could tell it would have been absolutely ground breaking had I played when it came out originally.

Ellie is one of the best characters ever written.

Did you play the remastered version? Have played both 4 or 5 times. The first one has an amazing story, never emotionally been sucked into a game like I was in the first one. Will stay quiet on the second one as you've not yet played it.

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

TBF I think the gameplay in the second one in particular was pretty excellent. The NPC's weren't just pilons and actually reacted to noises and patrolled area's decently enough even on mid difficulty. You are definitely right about the story telling though which is why I was pretty excited when this was announced, it seemed like it would translate seemlessly and so far its far exceeded my expectations. 

Who did you enjoy more as far as characters went? Ellie or Abbie?

26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Did you play the remastered version? Have played both 4 or 5 times. The first one has an amazing story, never emotionally been sucked into a game like I was in the first one. Will stay quiet on the second one as you've not yet played it.

Yeah, the PS5 Remaster.

Really looking forward to the second tbh, did the first and the DLC so taking a break before jumping into it.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah, the PS5 Remaster.

Really looking forward to the second tbh, did the first and the DLC so taking a break before jumping into it.

One thing you can do in the second one is crawl and move while crawling. It's great for stealth/hiding, like Unchartered it helps you to hide in bushes.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Who did you enjoy more as far as characters went? Ellie or Abbie?

Ellie was like peak game play story telling, the character is amazingly well done. I did like Abbie quite a bit too but I definitely didnt sympathize with her the same way just given how the first game goes and how attached we all get to Ellie because of that as well. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ellie was like peak game play story telling, the character is amazingly well done. I did like Abbie quite a bit too but I definitely didnt sympathize with her the same way just given how the first game goes and how attached we all get to Ellie because of that as well. 

Second one got stick due to Joel getting killed early in the game. But that set the story and the tone for the game. First one does have a better story in my opinion. 

Second one I preferred Abbie story and her relationship with the 2 scars she rescued. Ellies started of good but I found her to be too depressing, in fact I preferred her character in the first game.

If a third was made how would you see it going? Remember there is Dina who left after Ellie went after Abbie. I wouldn't mind a story which bridges the gap between the first and second game. How the community was built and generally what happened between the first game and the second game.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Second one got stick due to Joel getting killed early in the game. But that set the story and the tone for the game. First one does have a better story in my opinion. 

Second one I preferred Abbie story and her relationship with the 2 scars she rescued. Ellies started of good but I found her to be too depressing, in fact I preferred her character in the first game.

If a third was made how would you see it going? Remember there is Dina who left after Ellie went after Abbie. I wouldn't mind a story which bridges the gap between the first and second game. How the community was built and generally what happened between the first game and the second game. 

SPOILER TAG THIS ASAP. ill edit and respond but quickly do this xD

Archived