football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
33 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Reveal hidden contents

Good, good. xD

Yeah I agree with you. If we look at the second game alone Id find Abbies character far more interesting as Ellie is basically solely motivated by revenge and thats her entire arc in the game. Building up Abbies story with her father and even her lover and friends to some degree and the Joel interation, its masterful. I know we've waxed on about this to no end but I dont think theres ever been a game to make you play the "bad" character for half the game essentially to get evyerthing in perspective and show how murky it really is as far as whos even in the right anymore. It should be interesting to see how this plays out in the series and I do remember they where saying its planned for two seasons and with the pacing so far I think their right on track to get there. Likely ending season 1 with the dramatic hospital ending with Joel and Ellie.

• 1 month later...

Just finished this last night. Really really enjoyable, even though I've never played the game. I watched some Youtube videos where they did side by side comparison Game/Series, and it's amazing how close  they stuck to the original material. 

Pedro Pascal is an absolute legend. Bella Ramsey was absolutely terrific in this as well though. 

• Subscriber
On 08/04/2023 at 04:10, Tommy said:

Just finished this last night. Really really enjoyable, even though I've never played the game. I watched some Youtube videos where they did side by side comparison Game/Series, and it's amazing how close  they stuck to the original material. 

Pedro Pascal is an absolute legend. Bella Ramsey was absolutely terrific in this as well though. 

Avoid spoilers for the second game to keep it a real treat. Apparently I've read their splitting the second game into two seasons, how they do it will be very interesting but I have full confidence with how well they handled the first season. Not only the source material they kept that close but even the sets and clothes... its crazy. 

I watched the first 3 episodes and about 20 minutes of episode 4. I couldn't watch it anymore to be honest. I've completed both games around 5 or 6 times. I feel that having played the games has taken away the enjoyment of the series. While watching I know what's going to happen next, where they're going and who the new actor/actress on the scene is. Knowing everything just takes away the pleasure of not knowing if that makes any sense?

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I watched the first 3 episodes and about 20 minutes of episode 4. I couldn't watch it anymore to be honest. I've completed both games around 5 or 6 times. I feel that having played the games has taken away the enjoyment of the series. While watching I know what's going to happen next, where they're going and who the new actor/actress on the scene is. Knowing everything just takes away the pleasure of not knowing if that makes any sense?

I get you to some degree, I do wish I could go back and go into it knowing nothing. I still loved every minute of it though personally. Pedro and Bella where fantastic for starters. How they change what they change and what they focus on and what parts they skip kept it very interesting for me. Take episode 2 for example; sure you know some of the backstory of Bill and in the game Bill's town and Frank is in it but the story they built for the show was amazing. Thats one of the best episodes of anything Ive seen. 

• 1 month later...

Archived