talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Thread - Montella Replaced By Gattuso

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think since they're literally changing almost their entire starting XI those signings will need time to gel and become a cohesive unit, so due to that I don't think they'll win Serie A this season, but I expect them to get top 4 and be back in the Champions League next season, which will be awesome for football. Next season I do expect them to win the league

Just now, Cicero said:

They want Morata, Aubameyang, and Belotti even though they have Silva and Bacca.

Bacca will most likely be sold according to Gab Marcotti. And that's more than understandable, considering beyond knowing how to score goals he doesn't do much else and Morata or Aubameyang would be a major upgrade for them. Silva will be second choice for now

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They want Morata, Aubameyang, and Belotti even though they have Silva and Bacca.

All 3 of those are better than Silva & Bacca. Silva is a new signing though as well but even so, they can't go a whole season with just 2 strikers so no wonder they're looking for a new striker.

As @Messiesta says, they're building a squad not to compete this year (if they do get close to a title, bonus), but to compete over the next few years.

If you look at the squad now with the players they've bought compared to some of the players they had in the squad last season, it's so much better and vastly improved. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform over the next few seasons both in Italy and in Europe if they qualify.

Spend big now, reap the rewards over the next few years by possibly winning a Scudetto and competing in the Champions League again. As much as I like Juve, they do need some serious competition as there's only so much Napoli and Roma could do last season. And even though Milan will be buying their way to success, no-one was really going to compete with Juve without having this kind of investment. 

The risk being that it could go all tits up and they buy all these players who end up doing fuck all xD

18 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Why mate? Elaborate :D

Well basically they're doing what some clubs in England have been doing over the past couple of years by signing willy nilly. They've come into money via the takeover and it's messy work which is obviously being done without the analysis of a proper technical director and team.

The job isn't just to sign good players. This ain't EA FIFA. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Napoli still have a better shout. One thing to have an expensive squad, another thing is to have balance and play together as a unit rather than individuals. 

Fully agree. AC Milan have a better backline and keeper, but that's it. Napoli's midfield depth is frightening and their forward line will score goals. Right now, I'm not sure where the goals for Milan will come from. They have 2 decent forwards but not quite at the level of Napoli or Juventus. 

Speaking of...

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bacca is awful, and Silva is a good striker who has the potential to be a revelation but right now with money left to spend, it won't be a bad bet to go for a higher profile forward. 

It reminds me of Chelsea in 2003. Lots of talented players coming into a team that had little investment in recent years.

Can imagine Inter fans are looking enviously as they thought it would be them making the big signings this summer.

Bonucci is the best defender (most talented at defending) in the world.  But Chiellini was the leader and for that reason was the lead that goes from Bonucci's brain all the way to Chiellini's processor.  This is why what AC Milan is doing is stupid with a lot more of that sort of stuff happening with all of their signings.

51 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Are you saying signing Bonucci is a bad move?

For AC Milan?

Too right I am!

Who's the coach, who's the technical director, what's the plan, what's the style, what the hell is all this about?

I think here in England we've become too used to just buying players that have suddenly become prominent.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Bonucci is the best defender (most talented at defending) in the world.  But Chiellini was the leader and for that reason was the lead that goes from Bonucci's brain all the way to Chiellini's processor.  This is why what AC Milan is doing is stupid with a lot more of that sort of stuff happening with all of their signings.

why can't Bonucci be at Milan what Chiellini is at Juve?

They don't always have to play together to be the best defenders. I understand they do work well together but they're still good enough to play with other defenders. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

why can't Bonucci be at Milan what Chiellini is at Juve?

They don't always have to play together to be the best defenders. I understand they do work well together but they're still good enough to play with other defenders. 

Because that's what football is all about.  It's about systems, it's about a building process associated to either a club philosophy or a coach's ideals.  This is why at Sevilla (now at AS Roma) Monchi was so good and look at what he's dong now with Roma by getting rid of players that had nothing to do with the backbone of the team.

Sometimes (infact most times) players play well and are protagonists because of a system and because of who they play with.

Obviously this isn't science and maybe Bonucci will go onto become a leader...  But look at what happened to him when he did decide to raise his voice and try and lead by example...

This ain't EA FIFA.

You don't just buy the biggest names and they automatically fit in because you're controlling the joypad.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

For AC Milan?

Too right I am!

Who's the coach, who's the technical director, what's the plan, what's the style, what the hell is all this about?

I think here in England we've become too used to just buying players that have suddenly become prominent.

So Milan buying Bonucci is bad and Roma selling Salah is good?

I'm also not in England, Milan aren't in England, so what's that got to do with anything?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Because that's what football is all about.  It's about systems, it's about a building process associated to either a club philosophy or a coach's ideals.  This is why at Sevilla (now at AS Roma) Monchi was so good and look at what he's dong now with Roma by getting rid of players that had nothing to do with the backbone of the team.

Sometimes (infact most times) players play well and are protagonists because of a system and because of who they play with.

Obviously this isn't science and maybe Bonucci will go onto become a leader...  But look at what happened to him when he did decide to raise his voice and try and lead by example...

This ain't EA FIFA.

You don't just buy the biggest names and they automatically fit in because you're controlling the joypad.

Totally understand that. 

But I don't think it's fair on Milan or Bonucci to say that he won't do as well just because Chiellin is not beside him. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This ain't EA FIFA.

Explain Real Madrid!

51 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

So Milan buying Bonucci is bad and Roma selling Salah is good?

I'm also not in England, Milan aren't in England, so what's that got to do with anything?

It's got to do with everything because it's the market. That market influences every single league as it does in general means. 

4 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Explain Real Madrid!

Explain Real Madrid?

Look at their signings so far this summer. This is the first time Florentino Pérez has actually thought about his coach and what he needs.

It was infact the "second string" that won them La Liga this season and formed the victory in the Champions League. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Explain Real Madrid?

Look at their signings so far this summer. This is the first time Florentino Pérez has actually thought about his coach and what he needs.

It was infact the "second string" that won them La Liga this season and formed the victory in the Champions League. 

Why did they win one La Liga and 3 CL trophies in the recent past?

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Totally understand that. 

But I don't think it's fair on Milan or Bonucci to say that he won't do as well just because Chiellin is not beside him. 

We don't have to be fair on clubs and much less clubs that have been taken over by foreign investors.

But I get the player bit. 

• The title was changed to AC Milan Thread - Montella Replaced By Gattuso

Archived