08.01. 15:00
Kv2QSkhT-ATVe0MIb.png Atl. Madrid v. jZ8dSYS0-trs0hqL9.png Barcelona

09.01. 15:00
GUtNYAWH-6Ji4HyFe.png Ath Bilbao v. UTfY3r86-pACocpcO.pngOsasuna

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matches that I'll be tuning in for this week:

Athletic v. Osasuna - A quasi-Basque derby.

Rayo v. Betis - Love the atmosphere at Rayo and they'll be up for it against a sputtering Betis side who looked limp against Athletic last week.

Sevilla v. Getafe - Straight up relegation battle.  Hard to argue that Sevilla don't deserve their position considering how bad they've looked all season.  They managed to get a point away at Celta last week.  If they're going to get out of this mess they need to do it at home against the likes of Getafe.

Valencia v. Cadiz - I'll watch because it's Valencia and they are my La Liga team.

Elche v. Celta Vigo - Winless Elche have 4 points from 15 matches.  They haven't been as bad as their record suggests, imo.  Something's got to give and this may be the match.

• The title was changed to La Liga 2022/23 - Matchday 16 - 6-9th January, 2023

Real Sociedad are looking good this season, I could see them grabbing a Champions League spot.

Real Betis continue to progress under Pellegrini. Hopefully for them he stays for a while as he's perfect for their club, as he was at Villarreal and Málaga respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if they won something else at somepoint, after recently winning the Copa del rey.

‐---------------Ter Stegen

Koundé - Araújo - Christensen - Balde

-----De Jong -- Busquets -- Gavi

---Dembélé ------ Fati ----‐--- Pedri

No Lewandowski is a blow. Hopefully Fati can really start to kick on now and get himself a few goals, get that confidence back that he had before the latest lengthy injury. He really hasn't been able to get back to that level yet this season, other than in flashes(with his 3 goals and 3 assists), but at the same time it's not easy when you play 15 games but average 30 minutes per game.

Quality goal, Pedri and Gavi the masterminds, Dembele with the finish.

The play by Pedri to beat a few players in the build up reminded me of another certain Spanish mid who played for Barcelona..

Gavi for his age is a strong lad. This is the difference between himself and Puig and why Gavi is making it and Puig is in the MLS.

Christensen >>>> Rudiger

@Cicero

Barça’s defence of Koundé, Araújo, Christensen and Balde works well. 6 goals conceded in 16 this season and 3 were against Madrid. It's when these players are injured when there is problem. I would say Barça got lucky today though as Atlético were the better outfit.

The attack needs to improve too. So many underperforming players. Fati, Ferrán, Raphibha..

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Big 2-1 win for Sevilla against Getafe. Much needed.

For anyone in the UK who doesn't have LaLiga Tv, Atlético de Madrid vs Barça is about to start on ITV4.

Just finished watching this. Great match and a bit of a nail biter at the end when Getafe scored.

Joselu with an amazing header to give Espanyol the lead (it didn't last though) against Girona.  I don't understand how he doesn't land on a more ambitious club.  The guy has scored something like 11 goals in 19 matches for Espanyol this season.  Last season he scored a hatful at relegated Alaves.  That's the true test of a goal-scorer...to be able to score goals in a weak team.  Imagine his return if he were at a club that created more chances for him.  I'd love to have him at Valencia.

Archived