talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 - Third Round Matches

football forum

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bajcetic has given enough evidence in his performances this season for me to think he should be starting more regularly in our midfield.

He should be above Fabinho at the moment, he’s not done much wrong at all. 

Big goal for Harvey that, very happy for him. He’s had a lot on his shoulders this season, probably too much for his age. Wolves were poor, but it’s still a positive performance from us. Hopefully go into the game on Saturday with a little bit more confidence. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

xD

BBC apologises after sex noises heard during FA Cup coverage

The BBC has apologised after sexual noises interrupted live television coverage of the FA Cup.

Moaning was heard while Gary Lineker presented the third-round replay between Wolves and Liverpool on Tuesday.

The football pundit later posted a picture of a mobile phone he said was "taped to the back of the set".

"We apologise to any viewers offended during the live coverage of the football this evening," the BBC said.

A spokesperson said the BBC was investigating the incident.

Lineker tried to laugh off the incident as he presented the programme in a studio at Wolverhampton's Molineux Stadium alongside pundits Paul Ince and Danny Murphy.

As he cut to colleague and fellow former England striker Alan Shearer in the commentary gantry, he said: "Somebody's sending something on someone's phone, I think.

"I don't know whether you heard it at home."

When the match started, he shared a picture of a mobile phone on Twitter and three laughing emojis alongside the words: "Well, we found this taped to the back of the set.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64310338

I'd like to see at least two of the three who started in midfield last night in there on Saturday. Much better. I wonder if going with Elliott on the right and Salah through the middle might be worth a go too after Elliott's performance last night.

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bamford with Leeds 4th 

Fuck sake @Lucas, why couldn't your lot do this in the first game?

Save us both the hassle.

I know, it goes to show how piss poor we were that we couldnt put you away first time round.

That said, it's been nice to put on a show for the fans. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Fuck me, we did something. Robinson scoring the goal after Ayling somehow let the ball go through his legs. 5-1.

I can handle a heavy defeat, especially when completely outclassed.

However, what has pissed me off the most is just the sheer lack of effort. We barely look remotely arsed for this game.

This was exactly what we needed for our attacking players. A performance that installs some much needed confidence. It's felt like we've not quite got the results in the league some of our performances have merited. Spurs, West Ham and Villa come to mind.

This was totally different. A game we could dominate from start to finish with the opportunity to bag a few goals. Ok, we got sloppy at the end, but this defence is like Weetibix. That won't ever change, they are complete dogshit.

Gnonto the star but great to see Bamford finishing like he did, he looks really sharp and that's the most pleasing positive sign for me. He will be needed as the season goes on.

My god, we're in the 4th round first time since 2017. Forgot what it's like ti get this far, I feel giddy.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived