talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 - Third Round Matches

football forum

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He just can’t take a man on. Just turns round and makes a shit pass or gets tackled.

Yeah I agree. 

I wouldn't say he's shit just yet but they have major work to do on him. One thing is he's very small, once the defender gets himself between him and ball he just loses it as he's not physically strong enough. 

Of all the things ETH has done well so far Antony and his transfer value is the on blemish in my opinion, he should have stepped in and said 90 million was well over his transfer value. His true value is around 30 million to 40 million.

You also get the feeling the Antony transfer is biting ETH on the arse as well, he would have money to spend on a striker if he hadn't spent that amount on Antony. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What was with that camera angle? I put up with that for a minute and thought fuck that.

Crap weren't it. It stopped us scoring more. 

Looking forward to the Liverpool v Wolves match, as Gakpo and Matheus Cunha are both likely to start for both Liverpool and Wolves respectively. They are two very impressive attacking players who should help to make this an entertaining match.

On 06/01/2023 at 15:51, Lucas said:

I think Cardiff will beat us. Terrible record down there and when you go to a club who haven't won in 8 games and haven't scored in the last 3, you just know it's got 1-0 Cardiff written all over it.

You'll win comfortably. At least 3-0 to you.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Dross team selection from us bar a couple but understandable considering the quarter-final coming up on Tuesday.

Think we might end up with a replay here which would be better than going out.

Never a good sign when your manager rests so many players for such a match and when you're away from home against a pumped up half decent side like Wednesday are. But bloody hell, what a miss that was from Wood! That was a huge chance to level it for Newcastle and he should have buried that chance. Ritchie also skied another chance later on when he should have done better, but ultimately on the balance of play, I think Sheffield Wednesday's win was a fair result, as they created chances themselves during the match. Not to mention the fact that Guimaraes's goal for Newcastle had a hint of offside to it. Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is clearly mainly focussing on the Premier League this season.

2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Yet another FA Cup disgrace.

We don't have the depth to be making so many changes ffs.

Chris Wood poor.

Yes, Wood was very poor. From the regular starters for Newcastle this season, Wood, Longstaff and Burn are just not good enough for an ambitious club like Newcastle. All three of them need to be replaced in my opinion, if Newcastle ever want to win a respectable trophy sometime in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Yet another FA Cup disgrace.

We don't have the depth to be making so many changes ffs.

Chris Wood poor.

Anderson's miss was inexcusable he was 3 yards out, but we missed 4 or 5 sitters.   

trippier showed how lacking we are at full back and I can see now why Fresnenda and ferland Mendy are targets.

we should also have started a proper team, to many players with little game time is asking for trouble

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, Wood was very poor. From the regular starters for Newcastle this season, Wood, Longstaff and Burn are just not good enough for an ambitious club like Newcastle. All three of them need to be replaced in my opinion, if Newcastle ever want to win a respectable trophy sometime in the near future.

Burn did not play

• The topic was unpinned

Archived