The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

What an absolute farce that is. Can guarantee that wolves goal would have been given at the other end. VAR admitting they’ve just guessed and disallowed it 

Had to stick with onfield decision. Liverpool fortunate the lino flagged. 

Another underwhelming performance from Liverpool this evening. They had their best team out, yet still struggled against an under strength Wolves team. Wolves really should have won it in the end, but their goal near the end was disallowed. Liverpool just never look convincing, it's not really surprising that they are where they are in the table. 

If I was a Wolves fan, I'd really be confident of knocking Liverpool out in the return match at Molineaux. Wolves were very unlucky not to have knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup today. I have to just add though, that the young Scottish teenage substitute Ben Doak, was one of the few Liverpool players to impress, when he came on. The winger was a bundle of energy and he looked extremely fast. But he was also very intelligent when he was in possession. The 17 year old looks like a really impressive prospect.

10 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

How has Gakpo looked, no TV coverage here?

To be honest, he was pretty pants for most of the match, like a lot of his Liverpool team mates. Gakpo is a very good player no doubt, but he didn't really cover himself in glory on his debut for Liverpool today. He wasn't that influential, not nearly as influential as he should have been against Wolves.

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Another underwhelming performance from Liverpool this evening. They had their best team out, yet still struggled against an under strength Wolves team. Wolves really should have won it in the end, but their goal near the end was disallowed. Liverpool just never look convincing, it's not really surprising that they are where they are in the table. 

If I was a Wolves fan, I'd really be confident of knocking Liverpool out in the return match at Molineaux. Wolves were very unlucky not to have knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup today. I have to just add though, that the young Scottish teenage substitute Ben Doak, was one of the few Liverpool players to impress, when he came on. The winger was a bundle of energy and he looked extremely fast. But he was also very intelligent when he was in possession. The 17 year old looks like a really impressive prospect.

I’m surprised we’re in 6th tbh. We’re awful. Nice to see Nuñez score though I suppose

Amazing that in this day and age when a broadcaster picks a live game to televise, with the multitude of camera angles and VAR now at their disposal that we can end a game with a complete cop out of a decision from the officials because they cannot be sure they have enough evidence to know what is or isnt offside.

It's denied Wolves and the fans behind the goal going mad of a true FA Cup moment.

And to rub salt in the wound, Mo Salah is offside for the 2nd Liverpool goal when the original ball is played in which makes the Wolves defender have to play the ball that results in the goal.

A horror show for VAR and the people controlling it. Make it make sense, please.

The only thing to come out of tonight was the fact Liverpool got a replay 24 hours after Klopp said this competition needed to do away with them because of the amount of Football played.

Poetic justice.

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

So this is what happens when Newcastle try and play football?

on another day it ends up 4 or 5.   we were forced to make changes due to fixture congestion and not having the depth we need.  it doesn't help having Targett, Shelvey, Wilson and ASM out

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m surprised we’re in 6th tbh. We’re awful. Nice to see Nuñez score though I suppose

It was a nice goal by Nunez and a lovely ball delivered to him by Arnold. Yeah, I mean there are like 6 or 7 Premier League teams that look more consistent and convincing as teams than Liverpool do in my opinion. It's not like Liverpool don't have some really good players, they do, but the team looks very disjointed at times. Defensively they've looked woeful on way too many occasions. You feel like a lot of Premier League teams can really punish them on the counter attack.

I mean today was a great example of this, as everything was in their favour. For starters, they were playing at home, in a stadium packed full of their singing fans. They were also playing a team who are second from last in the Premier League table standings. Moreover, Liverpool started their best possible team, while Wolves rested quite a few regulars. But after watching the match, most people will tell you that Wolves were the unlucky team not to win the match. Wolves looked very dangerous throughout the match and they were constantly giving Liverpool headaches on the counter attack. Odds of 1/7 before the match, tells us that a lot of bookies expected Liverpool to cruise to victory against Wolves. But the reality was that Liverpool really struggled once again.

Liverpool really need to bring in some new midfielders. Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago are all not the players they were, either that or they've all hit a patch of poor form. But a new midfielder is much needed to freshen things up in the engine room. I hope Klopp manages to find the right formula, because I have always liked him as a manager and it would be sad to see him leave after all the success he has had in recent years with the club.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

I mean it's progression and it's no injuries but that's as positive as I'm being. Fuck me.

A wins is a win.  The league cup doesn't have the same tenacity as the FA Cup, which is worth more respect than a team of back ups and spare wheels.

going to need a reaction on Tuesday, that said I can't see Dubravka, Lewis, Manquillo, Ritchie playing that game.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

And to rub salt in the wound, Mo Salah is offside for the 2nd Liverpool goal when the original ball is played in which makes the Wolves defender have to play the ball that results in the goal.

I don't understand this rule. Because the defender makes a deliberate play for the ball, it means the attacker ISN'T offside? 

But the defender only makes a play because of the position or threat of the attacker? What defender is even taught to leave a ball they could realistically get to, with the knowledge that if they did leave it they could let a player score or have a chance? Given it was quite close, Toti isn't to know how offside Salah is. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where was the outrage when we got fucked by a similar decision against Arsenal? Seems weird you seem to like them more than us.

You are allowed to admit a decision went in your favour incorrectly. Rick seems the only one to do so. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived