• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Double Gameweek 20 Announcement

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Crystal Palace haven't officially announced yet. Probably don't want to depress there fans any further.

I'm guessing there may be more to follow as these are the games from when the Queen died and one of few spaces in the calendar. 

Disgusting that fans have only been given 10 days notice though. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing there may be more to follow as these are the games from when the Queen died and one of few spaces in the calendar. 

People are complaining about travel for the United fans. Seems like a bit of an overreaction given its not that far from Surrey.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

The problem is Man Utd do not have many spare midweeks to fit in their postponed games. They are still in the League Cup, have the Europa League Barcelona tie and still being in the FA Cup could lead to more postponements.

Of the two they had postponed originally, one was Palace Away, the other was home to us.

The Premier League always planned to fit in one of their games into a spare midweek slot when the FA Cup 3rd round replays occur. For that to happen though, they needed Man Utd not to draw and one of either us or Palace not to get a replay.

It was heavily rumoured our end to be us to play our rearranged away game at Old Trafford should that scenario happen and that given it's seen as a high risk fixture, Greater Manchester Police had already put contingency plans in place should we have avoided a draw today. I guess it requires a lot more planning for police resources than Palace v Man Utd.

They were just waiting on the outcome of our game but the draw meant we had to play a replay in the spare midweek they had planned so the Premier League have had to go with Option 2 which was the Palace game, conveniently announced an hour or so after our game with Cardiff.

All makes sense now because they would have announced the Palace v Man U game before waiting on the outcome of ours and Jesse Marsch haf mentioned after West Ham we needed to get some of the guys back fit as we extra games to fit in (Man U Away, Forest Home).

You will find this is going to happen a few more times over the next 4 or 5 GW's in FPL because the PL have less free space to play catch up as a result of the World Cup, so stay tuned.

Archived