Man Utd vs Charlton, 20.00
Newcastle vs Leicester, 20.00

Wednesday 11th January, 2023
Nottm Forest vs Wolves, 19.45
Southampton vs Man City, 20.00

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've started a 17 year old called Kobbie Mainoo, watched him a few times this season. Once at Altrincham in the summer and a few under 21 games I've seen bits and bobs.

Looks really talented. ETH must really rate him to trust him at such a young age. Can't wait to see him play.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Hoping for some composure tonight. Wilson needs to be on top of his game. Yet to get going since the world cup.

We're the perfect club to get a player back into form.

Our midfield is going to get trounced. So weak. Ndidi is not in form and Guimaraes/Joelinton will enjoy tonight.

Thomas will be targeted, like in the Boxing Day game, by Almiron and Trippier.

• Subscriber

Same system as boxing day with weaker personnel. I don't know why he persists with it when it doesn't work. It's just another sign of the general cba-ness about him, and us at the minute.

I fully expect us to lose this but you never know - I feel like it's Newcastle's biggest game in years and I don't know how they'll react to that. Sadly though I don't think we're really built for this type of game at the minute and they'll win. We've got 1 point from 10 games against the top half of the PL this season. We're frankly crap against anyone who isn't also crap.

• Administrator

Amazed we're not losing this so far. One proper chance for us and Daka weirdly chooses to square it instead of shoot. 

We've gotta get our act together. Far too much space for Newcastle in our half and it's embarrassing. 

Barnes does fuck all these days. Ineffective on that left wing.and doesn't give Daka any support or Thomas any defensive support. 

• Administrator

Never deserved anything from this game and for a quarter final in a cup competition that's pathetic. 

Lucky it was only 2-0. Embarrassing. Rodgers needs to go because he's drained all the motivation and confidence out of the side. Sapped all the hunger out of us.

This side needs some fresh impetus and not just in the form of new signings. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Yay first league Cup semi final in my life. First went to football in 1994 

The good times are coming and you waited long enough for them. Better than us in every department and it's quite alarming how quickly you've become this much better than us.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Amazed we're not losing this so far. One proper chance for us and Daka weirdly chooses to square it instead of shoot. 

We've gotta get our act together. Far too much space for Newcastle in our half and it's embarrassing. 

Barnes does fuck all these days. Ineffective on that left wing.and doesn't give Daka any support or Thomas any defensive support. 

Honestly don't know what to do about him. He's our only decent winger and yet he's playing so badly he deserves dropping. I think I'd go back to a diamond. We have got to stop this system - what aspect of our game does it enhance?

I think the collective lack of aggression is a real problem. That tonight was an absolute embarrassment from start to finish.

• Subscriber

I've said it many a time on here, but I think people are a bit disingenuous about Newcastle because they don't like the nature of the takeover or the cockiness of the fans, both understandable but it's wrong to not give credit to Howe & Ashworth, who've cleverly improved the team no end in just a year.

This Newcastle double header for us has been a real hammer blow. Two of the most disgraceful displays I've ever seen from us but more than anything, a real symbol of our decline which is every bit as rapid as their rise. If you had a year ago named the four XIs put out by both teams you wouldn't have them down as thrashing us twice. Yet they did. It's no fluke.

Our decline is every bit as abject as their rise is good. I think it's some of the most appalling mismanagement I've ever witnessed. You can look at the likes of Everton and say they've been a bigger shambles and they obviously have, but I think for purely squandering a position you'll be pushed to find ineptless like what we're serving up at the minute. A club that has genuinely just given up. I want the owner to sell up if he doesn't act very soon and I never thought it would come to that, this quickly.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived