• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gold Cup 2017 Knockouts

football forum

Costa Rica vs Panama

USA vs El Salvador

Canada vs Jamaica

Mexico vs Honduras

I find it bullshit that teams are allowed to call up B teams for the groups and then the rest for the knockouts, shouldn't be allowed. However, Cyle Larin being back in the Canada squad is great news and with more of a proper squad than other years, I can actually see them making the final. They have to get past Mexico though. Mexico aren't far above the other CONCACAF teams(at least not this squad), but they are still the top dogs and will be tough to take down. 

I think USA will win it this time.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA lead 2-0 but have actually been quite poor. They scored a good first goal and that was due to the sheer quality gap between the 2 teams. The second was an offside trap gift by the El Salvadorian defence. USMNT doing what they need to do though, with their first goal they essentially killed the oppositions match plan and the game should be won for them now.

Saw Canada vs Jamaica today. Canada were ok offensively, but defensively they were a shambles. Much improved from what they were previous years though. Alphonso Davies is no fluke, he looks a real talent.

Next up, Mexico vs Honduras. Look forward to see my boy Orbelin Pineda in action.

I've not seen a whole lot of this tournament, but the bits I have seen I think Kemar Lawrence should win the player of the tournament. Canny defender who's been rock solid and of course scored the winning goal against Mexico. 

Archived