talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 2-1 Chelsea - Thursday 12th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Chelsea fans wanting Potter to go are genuinely thick as shit and are a product of Chelsea lacking a culture of building to win. Theyve always had it easy, big money, big players, big managers. In, out, in and out.

Unless Boehly intends on putting the same amount of money as Roman did then they need to be patient snd give time for Potter to build his team.

Just now, Danny said:

Any Chelsea fans wanting Potter to go are genuinely thick as shit and are a product of Chelsea lacking a culture of building to win. Theyve always had it easy, bug money, big players, big managers. In, out, in and out.

Unless Boehly intends on putting the same amount of money as Roman did then they need to be patient snd give time for Potter to build his team.

I mean, Boehly is putting a lot of money in. He doesn't seem to have a plan but he's spending...

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Any Chelsea fans wanting Potter to go are genuinely thick as shit and are a product of Chelsea lacking a culture of building to win. Theyve always had it easy, big money, big players, big managers. In, out, in and out.

Can't be the money he's spent 300 million in less than 6 months.

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I mean, Boehly is putting a lot of money in. He doesn't seem to have a plan but he's spending...

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Can't be the money he's spent 300 million in less than 6 months.

Yeah Boehly has gone mad but how much money remains for future windows is left to be seen

Just now, Danny said:

Yeah Boehly has gone mad but how much money remains for future windows is left to be seen

Hard to say.  But if the LA Dodgers are any indication, he will just keep spending, unless Chelsea are stopped by the FFP rules.

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Potter is on a hiding to nothing as he's not even picking his own signings, they are just grabbing at anything with a name.

Actually remind me of us over the last 10 years. It will take them years to sort this mess, thats if they ever do.

• The title was changed to Fulham 2-1 Chelsea - Thursday 12th January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned
19 hours ago, Danny said:

Not heard any fans I know looking to get him out... I would rather take steps back if we are able to take steps forward in the future so we will see what Boehly is all about this season given the results we are getting and the small chance we may still have of making top 6 and having some form of European football next season.. Will he stick with Potter or will he follow the previous management system?? given he made the appointment of Potter he will end up with egg on his face if he caves and gets rid.. 

What do we know for a fact??

We know Potter had nothing to do with the players already there or those that were brought in while Tuchel was still in charge in the last window. We also know he can't do fuck all about all the injuries to players. Can't state how much better we would be with a fit Kante and a Reece James/Chilwell on the pitch. He is however responsible for the tactics and subs on a matchday and with a team who should at least be good enough to be fighting for a top 6 position we are not even close, we are uncreative and lack any cohesion. A lot of this can be put down to the players themselves mind who are just not showing the promise we had hoped for or are carrying niggling injuries.. I do wonder if the shake up Boehly had with the medical team has had anything to do with this sudden injury crisis?? 

What we don't know for sure is how much influence Potter is having on any new signings coming in?? does he have a say because if not then this form may continue for some time and it's great throwing money at the problem but not so great for building a team.. I would love to be a fly on the wall... 

Archived