talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 20 Fixtures - 14-15th January, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

This is disgraceful behaviour from 2-3 of our fans against a 20 year old lad.

However, the fact that this is all over social media tonight makes a mockery of this story that was leaked by a 'club source' that a group of Everton fans chased down the CEO's car last weekend to abuse her and/or got her in a headlock on her way out of the ground and we didn't hear a peep about it until an hour before kick off in the next home game 8 days later when the board needed a convenient excuse not to attend today.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

To be honest with Everton, when a woman is surrounded in her car and it is spat on, when she is put in a headlock at a game, it's integral that crowd leaders and influencers are making sound public noises to pack it in and diffuse a bit. Don't know if that is or isn't happening as I'm not interested in checking, but what I come across by chance suggests not.

It depends whether or not you find it believable in this day and age that the incidents claimed could happen at a Premier League football match with 40,000+ in attendance without someone filming it on their phones and plastering it all over social media.

I just find it impossible to believe.

And yes, the cabal running Everton over the past two decades absolutely would sink low enough as to lie about something like that. But I suppose we've seen from the video I posted above that there are Everton fans out there that are far enough off their heads to engage in behaviour that stupid. But then I also think they'd be stupid enough to film it on their phones and put it on social media thinking they've got popular support and they never did so 🤷‍♂️.

• Subscriber

The rot has become so deep under Rodgers that I think it'll take a big effort to turn this around. They're absolutely shot to bits confidence wise. I know you can argue that it shouldn't affect players but when your manager clearly has such little belief in all of you I can't see it having any positive effect on the team.

Forest were so there for the taking today. They were shit. Yet they won 2-0. That's the level we're at here.

There's a long way to go this season. We are half way in. still and there's so little between the bottom half, it's shaping up amazingly really. Things aren't irrecoverable by any stretch, but I think the bit that worries me most is that we're the most passive.

No signings in the first two weeks. Fucking disgraceful. What the hell are they actually doing? Why can other clubs sign players so much easier than us? It isn't solely money. If that was the case then they'd have never been thinking of not cashing in on Fofana at all.

As for Rodgers himself. I mean I've documented my thoughts on him but it's just laughable at this point he's still here. I've been in the out camp for well over a year but I appreciate a lot of that was gut feeling that things are on the way down. Well it's pretty clear at this point that they were. Do everyone a favour and sack him. I'd take an interim over this. He's a completely negative influence on the club. He doesn't want to be here. It's a dead relationship and it has been for ages. End it now before it causes us serious damage. 

Have a few mates who support Everton so don't actually mind them but the majority of their supporters just seem to have lost their mind judging by Twitter.

They can't seem to decide who they want to blame, the manager, players or board. I don't think Lampard is the problem but he also isn't the solution.

12 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

To be honest with Everton, when a woman is surrounded in her car and it is spat on, when she is put in a headlock at a game, it's integral that crowd leaders and influencers are making sound public noises to pack it in and diffuse a bit. Don't know if that is or isn't happening as I'm not interested in checking, but what I come across by chance suggests not.

There is no proof that ever happened, Merseyside Police were contacted and have no records of an incident. 

Do you really think a board member would be put into a headlock and spat at, yet the first we hear about it is two weeks later with no video evidence - also ignoring the fact that the entrance/exit and the Directors box is totally inaccessible to the public?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

There is no proof that ever happened, Merseyside Police were contacted and have no records of an incident. 

Do you really think a board member would be put into a headlock and spat at, yet the first we hear about it is two weeks later with no video evidence - also ignoring the fact that the entrance/exit and the Directors box is totally inaccessible to the public?

Yeah there is absolutely no chance that happened.

The whole statement from the board yesterday was a joke and is further justification for the protests of the fans. They are so far removed from the reality of the situation it feels like. They just don’t seem to get why the fans would be feeling like this.

• Subscriber

Of course the minority chasing down players cars after the game are off their heads but every club has them.

There were a few thousand though that stayed behind and protested peacefully for 30-40 minutes after the game.

Anyone pretending that the morons in the minority represent the fanbase in any way is just making themselves look like a moron too.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Have a few mates who support Everton so don't actually mind them but the majority of their supporters just seem to have lost their mind judging by Twitter.

They can't seem to decide who they want to blame, the manager, players or board. I don't think Lampard is the problem but he also isn't the solution.

The board are ultimately responsible for spending half a billion on a squad that was on the fringes of the top six and turned it into a bottom six squad at best. Lampard isn't good enough either and he needs to go. It's not a matter of not knowing who to blame, it's a matter of the entire club being below standard at every level now, but ultimately the board have overseen this death spiral since Moshiri took over. 

The fans have been total passengers. It took all the goodwill left in the fanbase to drag the team over the line to survive last season. The bollocks yesterday about the security threat was a transparent attempt to vilify the fans for daring to protest against an incompetent and selfish board who have shown again in their actions this weekend they out their own survival and interests above the club. It's basically going to be open warfare now for the rest of the season with probable relegation for a once great football club providing the backdrop.

Again though, any actual threats and violence are totally condemned by myself, all of the fan groups and 99%+ of actual Everton fans, same as the fanbases of any other clubs. Don't let the media or disingenuous rival fans make out any different.

I always think it's very easy for fans of other clubs in a comfortable position to be critical of the behaviour of another club's support in a more negative situation.

No one, not even the majority of Everton fans would condone behaviour that crosses the line. Some idiots will always go too far, but you can't use it as a stick to beat the rest of the support with.

Personally, I'm not gonna get on my high horse and tell Everton fans they should be encouraging the team this way or that. They have a right to be angry and frustrated. The boos and protests are mainly aimed at the board, that is where the frustration lies but sadly that negative energy also transfers over to Lampard and the players. It's like poison but what can you do. The players can't hide, they need to take responsibility too.

Arsenal fans have been like it with their board and Wenger when they were in a bad place. Newcastle fans with Ashley. Man U fans with the Glazers. It was a horrible atmosphere for us under Ken Bates and Cellino. It happens to us all.

As long as you see some form of positive change, you can be reasonable but have Everton seen that? Definitely not.

The club badly needs to get them onside, whether that's with some activity in the market, change of manager or clever PR, because there is no doubt when they are, Goodison especially becomes three times as hard to go to than normal, and so it proved last season.

Their fans behavior towards their players will be their downfall. Pretty much every team down there will be backing their team to try and get out of it. Everton fans are chasing down the players cars and abusing them after the match. The atmosphere at Goodison will only get worse towards the players if their situation worsens.

I just saw the Ward-Prowse free kick from yesterday. Obviously he's insane in that position, best in the League.

But I'm surprised how many teams don't stick a man on the line. I get that the keeper might feel it hinders them but that one yesterday, if a man is on the line he stops it and clears it.

If Ward-Prowse sticks it over his head, you just have to hold your hands up and say fair play, that's too good.

I don't follow Everton close enough to know, but sense there must be similarities to when Villa went, or the last few years they were getting closer & closer.

At that time Villa's fan base was quite toxic. And because all fans of high level sport teams place so much feeling on their club. But the direction of it all at the time with Villa made me a bit uncomfortable. Stan Collymore on national commercial radio calling out this player & that player. And 1 of them was Lescott (West Midlands born anti-Villa, which is a toxic thing itself in the region) who social media posted a pic of his expensive car.. soon after Villa had been demolished by Liverpool. Followed by some garbage explanation about how it was lined up to send before the match & it sent after in his pocket.

But for me, it was more on the owners. I knew Villa had not been recruiting well enough to maintain their bigger club status. Which had varied from top 6-7 to too good to go down the duration of the Premier League & earlier than that.

When the club went, they were a team of unknown duds & past their best before duds. So there felt no point being angry toward them. I knew they were not good enough. And that the big question was around what had been going wrong. How had the investment been so non existent. Why were the players signed not best value.

Yes I can believe there is no video evidence. Just the other week I and 20-30 others witnessed a Newcastle fan throwing punches at an Arsenal fan. None of us captured the moment. It can all be over faster than you can put your hand in your pocket, unlock your phone and start recording, if that even is your immediate response to life.

9 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

It can all be over faster than you can put your hand in your pocket, unlock your phone and start recording, if that even is your immediate response to life.

I think I might start selling a range of caps with cameras on so people can capture every waking moment of their lives, and not like those ones the cyclists wear, mine would be subtle and stylish... never miss out on one of them wild crazy moments again!! I would also sell an app that allows you load it straight to YouTube with no fuss.. Dad trips over the wheelbarrow in the garden. Got it! someone gets caught in a headlock, No problem!! 

Also the bonus would be that fans would not need to keep holding their phones up in front of them while watching the game live anymore.. they could just stand there with their arms folded laughing at everyone else fumbling around for those once in a lifetime moments.. 

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I always think it's very easy for fans of other clubs in a comfortable position to be critical of the behaviour of another club's support in a more negative situation.

No one, not even the majority of Everton fans would condone behaviour that crosses the line. Some idiots will always go too far, but you can't use it as a stick to beat the rest of the support with.

Personally, I'm not gonna get on my high horse and tell Everton fans they should be encouraging the team this way or that. They have a right to be angry and frustrated. The boos and protests are mainly aimed at the board, that is where the frustration lies but sadly that negative energy also transfers over to Lampard and the players. It's like poison but what can you do. The players can't hide, they need to take responsibility too.

Arsenal fans have been like it with their board and Wenger when they were in a bad place. Newcastle fans with Ashley. Man U fans with the Glazers. It was a horrible atmosphere for us under Ken Bates and Cellino. It happens to us all.

As long as you see some form of positive change, you can be reasonable but have Everton seen that? Definitely not.

The club badly needs to get them onside, whether that's with some activity in the market, change of manager or clever PR, because there is no doubt when they are, Goodison especially becomes three times as hard to go to than normal, and so it proved last season.

All of that is definitely true but the psychotic behaviour will always get the attention more than any peaceful protest. I also don't think other fanbases chased down players. (Although Man Utd fans broke into training because of the super league...).

I think Leicester is a hard one. Rodgers definitely needs to not be there next season. The problem is figuring out what is most likely to keep them up. This season is surely a write of. Getting someone else is a risk. Keeping Rodgers is a risk. So its a case of figuring out what has the least risk, doing that and starting again next season.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think Leicester is a hard one. Rodgers definitely needs to not be there next season. The problem is figuring out what is most likely to keep them up. This season is surely a write of. Getting someone else is a risk. Keeping Rodgers is a risk. So its a case of figuring out what has the least risk, doing that and starting again next season.

Keeping him pretty much equates to being relegated when you take into account a) how we play, b) lack of goals, c) regularly conceding more than 2+ per game, and several other reasons.

Therefore that is the biggest risk and by far the more damaging of all options. It shouldn't be an option, and it should never have come to this. Getting someone else is, even if just to stem the tide and keep us safe until the summer where we can start afresh, is a better option.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived