football forum

On 7/15/2018 at 15:47, Cannabis said:

Yo. 

Yeah.

On 7/15/2018 at 15:51, Stan said:

ye

On 7/17/2018 at 16:12, The Palace Fan said:

Yh.

This game is fucking rubbish. My computer can run new games on high settings but stutters and lags going from one page to the next. 

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

just signed a player for £9m from Benfica.

Aged 21, not a wonderkid, already classed as an elite centre-back. Been with me less than a day and his value is already £65m xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally started a new FM save, in the Polish second tier.

Have a plethora of pace on the left wing as well as up front but missing a bit on the right. Not sure if that qualifies me to play "run at defence" but I'll give it a shot for now. 16 and 15 pace on those respective positions should be too much for this league.

Predicted to finish 4th, lets win this league.

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did England myself when bored. First game was against Malta and I played a 2-4-4 formation. Won 10-0 and I think Jamie Vardy scored about 5 😂

Resigned after that, best manager the country has ever seen. 

I've gone for a 5-2-1-2 and an attacking style. It's not something I'd normally do on FM but I'm just sort of trying new things now the game is getting to that stale period. Did Malta 5-0 with Vardy and Kane both scoring twice. Drew 1-1 with Scotland because Luke Shaw did Robert Snodgrass two footed and had to play with ten men for 75 minutes.

Finally found some time to play my FM save. Here are my tactics.

4987bdca2c3fae4c4e592b1647c3ab14.png

Tomczyk isn't yet competent on the right, but he's right footed while Sierpina is a lefty. I figured this combination would work a lot better. Tomczyk can play up front too, but I think it would be better if I try to exploit open space on the wings to blast the opposition with pace. Sabala on the other hand, is slow. So I think if we have it on counter, he can dictate the tempo by holding up play.

I still have to decide on the CM's, but I'm probably just going to go with a Deep Lying Playmaker on defend and ball winning midfielder on support.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get into the Poland save so I started a shorter term save with Olympiakos.

Final matchday, us and AEK both on 71 but me with better GD. If we win we are champions no matter what.

8caddbc2562fb5c3b182948e5db8d96b.png

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Greece - interesting. Easy to compete domestically but the real challenge is Europe. 

Whole point of it. I don't want to start a too long term save as FM 19 is right around the corner, and I've never won the UCL on any FM before.

I've won the Libertadores but never the UCL.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I won the Greek league! Won it on goal difference with 74 points against AEK. Very nervy end of season but I was able to hold on a 2-1 win against Asteras Tripolis.

eb9ec4c74daca961c672b8d149a17ba7.png

Kevin Mirallas unsurprisingly my best player this year.

f36bd0c7e6c8a1680a6925d72f07a1b0.png

Some of my new signings for what should be a transitional season.

Nicolas Schiappacase

Very good forward I signed for 6M from Atletico Madrid. Young, lots of room for improvement and is going straight to the first team. Currently trying to convert him to a right winger as he's a righty and has all the stats of an inside forward.

443f291c7aed0804ec8a308caf148f5c.png

Roland Endriss

Looks a tad limited but defensively he has huge potential. Amazing stats already for his age but he's going to train in the reserves for half a year me thinks. It would be best to raise his stats as much as possible before getting first team minutes.

4a29482e30d76d107db8ea3d7272934a.png

Rodrigo Moreira

Only complaint is his positioning. Otherwise another defender for the future. I like the look of him.

0ccb9249f93d6ce2fda5d2198d2974a9.png

I signed 4 other players as well but those are the main ones as the rest are just backups.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember reading about a Portuguese manager who is an “expert” at promotion to Portugal’s top flight who’d won promotion something like ten times and found his story interesting. With this and the fact we’re led to believe that some managers in England (Bruce and Warnock) are “experts” at promotions, I’ve decide to see if I can master a league on FM18 and to see whether I could ever earn the title of “promotion expert”.

I’m going to start this off on FM18 and when I get FM19 (probably Xmas) I will see if I’m enjoying this self imposed challenge to see whether I carry it over into that game or not. 

Not sure what league in what country to attempt to master. 

• Administrator

What's the most amount of penalties someone's got in one game (in normal time)?

Just been given 4 in one game in a 6-1 victory (surprisingly all scored as well).

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Two I'd say, although I might have had three and forgot all about it. Never had four that's mental xD

Out of interest, did the same players take them? For example if someone has scored a penalty and I get another I change the taker, mix things up a bit.

Nah the second was different from the first. Then the guy who took the first took the 3rd and 4th. Not sure why it changed for the second xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Has anyone ever seen this?

First time in this mammoth save that I've seen it happen, and to my memory first time in any FM save I've had...

image.png

I checked their finances and it says they're 'rich' so not sure what the financial reasons could be?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived