talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

football forum

FOOTBALL-MANAGER-1030x354.jpg

Around November time the most frustrating game on the planet will return to our laptops. Are you already eyeing up a save to get stuck into or are you waiting for the season to commence before committing? What new features are you hoping to see and what frustrating exploit are you hoping to see eradicated from existence after suffering through it for the past twelve months?

All the news and chatter as it breaks will be thrown in this thread as always (and hands off Real Oviedo & Everton next season...)

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

when you go to overload to chase a game with about 20mins to go and then have no more highlights, no more shots for the rest of the game. that has to change. Not saying there has to be a goal cos that would actually be boring if you know you're gonna score. but give me some hope please!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Is it just me that thinks overload makes your players act like idiots? I swear whenever I go to it my lads start shooting from about 40 yards out. I understand that we are rolling the dice but surely have a bit of common sense?

yeah think Dan mentioned it in another thread. A winger could have been crossing the game all along down the wing up to the byline. Switch to overload and he starts shooting from impossible angles. It's not something an out and out winger would just automatically start doing due to a tactical change. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is it just me that thinks overload makes your players act like idiots? I swear whenever I go to it my lads start shooting from about 40 yards out. I understand that we are rolling the dice but surely have a bit of common sense?

My players frequently do that regardless of what tactics we're on, in fact even if I specify not to take long shots and instead "work ball into box" but as I've not seen anyone mention it until now I just assumed it was because I was playing in spastic leagues. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Due to playing in the Costa Rican Third Division you've probably got players with incredibly poor decision making.

Don't be ridiculous, no self respecting winner of the Zambian Bank Cup would take a job in the Costa Rican Third Division

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Stoke in 9th is the only anomaly there for me. 

Fans turning against Mark Hughes, lost Arnautovic, ageing squad. Definitely not finishing as high as 9th. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

With Craig "gone by Christmas" Shakespeare at the helm I can see it happening.

:ph34r:

This is Mark 'gone by Haloween' Hughes we're up against here :D

If anyone can be arsed, read the article I linked about Stoke on my predicted table post. I think it makes a good case for them struggling. There's some poor stats about Stoke, some really worrying trends.

• Subscriber

I agree, I think Stoke will struggle. There's absolutely nothing generating positive momentum for them this season and if the media ($ky) could stop wanking themselves silly over the top six clubs for 5 minutes and analyse the rest of the league a lot more people would be talking about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 01/09/2017 at 5:34 PM, Cannabis said:

FM18 Price News: However, fans who pre-order the game before Monday, October 9 and have FM 17 in their Steam library will get 25% off through either Steam or the SEGA Store.To celebrate the confirmation of the FM 18 release date, Steam have put FM 17 on sale for just £7 (80% off), so if you're planning to buy FM 18 and don't have 17 it's worth taking up that offer for the 25% discount it'll get you later. Football Manager Touch will be priced at £21.99.We're still waiting to see how much FM Mobile will cost as it's the only version of the game you can't pre-order. Given the increase of a couple of pounds to the other editions, though, expect to be paying around the £10 mark.

where's the offer of £7 for FM17? 

I used my brother's Steam account to play FM17 and now got my own laptop back so wanting to get FM18 on my own Steam account but obviously want to take advantage of the 25% offer. 

On 16/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, Aaroncpfc said:

That's a bit shit. May hold off to Christmas again.

Game is riddled with bugs at the start. I'd recommend waiting until Christmas regardless of the price.

If not then buy the game and try short term saves until then. That's what I do.

I'll likely stick to the mobile version again just for quickness more than anything. Actually played at least two seasons last time, which is far more than I had done in the last three versions combined.

Does FM have a cloud save at all?

Was doing well on my Cardiff game, then the phone had a screen issue, thought I saved it to my SD card but couldn't find it after I reinstalled it again. :41_pensive:

• 3 weeks later...

Please let's rid of the slide tackle assists and a aved penalties down the middle.

I haven't pre ordered 18 yet, but pretty sure I will soon for the discount. Can't really sniff at the price considering I put 850 hours into 17 (Jesus Christ 35 days).

For those above talking about Overload, it's worth noting your mentality is largely a risk-based approach (from very low risk on Contain, to very high risk on Overload). The higher mentality the more risk you want to take,  e.g. players shooting from all over the shop because you've told them to take the risk. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived