talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

i know it's a beta version but there's so many bugs xDxD 

I can't remember there being so much wrong in previous versions.

Can't change transfer fees. Can only click on player value and can't +/- the fee. Can't add clause when there's not one there already. 

The wages you can move in negotiations but it's greyed out - it used to be greyed out when you couldn't move it in previous versions. 

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

One thing I'm a fan of which I didn't know was going to happen is the 'Medical Centre' addition. Certain players are highlighted as having higher risk of injury because of previous recurrences or training workload (this is also same for team where players get unhappy because of workload). 

The additions have been really nice and I'm glad the menu music is only on there. Its just one song in a loop. A damn good one but there is no way to turn it off. I actually don't mind a full playlist for FM, just as long as you can turn it off.

I haven't played it much yet and probably won't get much time to do so until tomorrow, but the new additions are quite nice. Its just a matter of patching up the bugs really.

football forum

This game doesn't half feel like a new game, I've spent the first friendly just getting used to all the buttons which I haven't really done since FM15. A 1-0 win against Bosnian champions HSK Zrinjski Mostar though, I'm unstoppable :ph34r: Andrej Kramaric with my first goal of FM18.

• Administrator

not sure if this is a bug or not (it's definitely not a sheep pun don't worry), but there's a problem with the Salary Cap for Designated Players. Switches between £29.5k/w to £30k/w so there's an issue with it being rounded up/down etc each time it comes to signing players or registering them. Really fucks me off already xD  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

This game doesn't half feel like a new game, I've spent the first friendly just getting used to all the buttons which I haven't really done since FM15. A 1-0 win against Bosnian champions HSK Zrinjski Mostar though, I'm unstoppable :ph34r: Andrej Kramaric with my first goal of FM18.

We taught him all he knows.

15 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Had it on download 27 seconds after they announced on Twitter. Never used that site so much 😂.

However, haven’t had a chance to load up and play yet, but I’m going to do a beta save with Monaco I think (never tried France and should get a steady 2/3 seasons in before I start a main save). Some top drawer talent, but also a bit of a rebuild needed after getting ransacked in the summer. Also I’m interested to see what happens with the Mbappe money (£160m) when the transfer turns permanent after the year loan.

• Subscriber

Not that interested in the Beta but the renewed activity in this section has inspired me to have another go at FM17 to prepare for the new version, especially now I have a week off I can sink some hours into Football Manager (and maybe even a wee bit of quiz writing).

football forum
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Didn't you say that about last year's as well? xD

Probably xD. I'm just struggling to break teams down, even though I'm still in pre-season. It just worries me that I'll have to compete with the likes of Bayern when Barnsley are beating me 2-1.

football forum
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

the way the assistant manager responds. Can you imagine him speaking like that in real life xDxD 

fm.PNG

Is it just me that finds the assistant doesn't speak to you at all? I've gone through full 90 minute games without any feedback which is really frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is it just me that finds the assistant doesn't speak to you at all? I've gone through full 90 minute games without any feedback which is really frustrating.

I'm not sure but you may have it switched off?

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived