talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
On 11/8/2017 at 1:49 AM, Dan said:

I'm unbeaten in about 14 games with Nantes and playing some genuinely brilliant attacking football. I've pottered through 2/3 years of pretty poor games but scraping wins, now I finally crack a lovely attacking system they go and churn the new game out.

Well, we've gone to shit, as per usual.

FM18 is downloaded.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

what's the most amount of shots someone has had in a game?

Even in the game against Mansfield earlier in the thread where I won 6-3, I don't think I had this many shots as below xD.

cp.PNG

• Subscriber
On 11/13/2017 at 3:36 PM, Blue said:

First time in FM where I'm genuinely considering uninstalling the new game and just sticking to 17.

FM 18 has been fucking dreadful so far.

I'm sadly in agreement on this. I can't even put my finger on what it is but this game's doing absolutely nothing for me.

I'm liking 18 on the whole, but it does feel like a facelift version of 17. It all feels very much the same under the hood, and granted a football management sim is a football management sim, but there's just not a lot of new features for me to sink my teeth in to. The dynamics are more a progressive feature, and not something you can do a whole lot about, scouting is scouting (I think you'll see a big difference if you play lower league with the packages and scouting ranges, which I'm looking forward to trying out), tactics didn't change all too much (but I do like what they've done - mostly), and the match engine doesn't feel a whole lot different from last year, just a fuck load of wayward cross shots. And too many bloody clicks for something which took one last year.

• Administrator

okay it is seriously pissing me off how many crosses are getting tipped out wide/over the bar and where the player 'certainly didn't mean that!'.

They have to fix it in the next update. Ridiculously stupid how often it happens. 

• Administrator

how the fuck do you deal with the following:

Player gets 6.2 match rating. A striker who spurned lots of chances. Rating well below anyone else. In contrast, another striker came on during the match and scored within a few minutes.
I had a chat with him saying he needs to lead the line more effectively and I was disappointed with his performance.
He responds 'My performance was excellent. Have you been to the opticians recently?'

:dash3:

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

okay it is seriously pissing me off how many crosses are getting tipped out wide/over the bar and where the player 'certainly didn't mean that!'.

They have to fix it in the next update. Ridiculously stupid how often it happens. 

Seeing as that happens all the time in FM17 and they apparently haven't fixed it in an entire new game I wouldn't get my hopes up for them patching it out.

ATLETICO MADRID

Last day of the season. Real and Atletico are tied on points, Atletico slightly edge on GD.

Atletico play Gijon.

0-0 at half time

Carrasco is subbed on 45mins and gives up a penalty within a minute.

Axel Werner saves it

Goaless until injury time.

Denis Suarez scored an 'offside' goal on 91 minutes.

Atletico Madrid win the league on a goal differential of one.

MY HEART STOPPED

• Administrator

very much liking this addition (don't remember it in FM17?). Protesting a transfer.

West Ham (my title rivals; we're joint top in January in our hunt for promotion to the Premier League) made 2 bids of £4.5m and £5.25m for my main centre-back Adam Webster. 

He's valued at the latter and is my mainstay in the team, first name on teamsheet so to speak.

West Ham then offer £7.25m and Marcus Evans, my chairman, says it's too good to refuse. I can't bear the thought of losing my best centre-back to the title rivals and only getting £1.5m to get an equally good centre-back as replacement. Then I see an option to 'Protest Transfer'. 

Clicked on that...

uUorMSn.png

Just hope the player doesn't kick up a fuss about it!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Stan said:

very much liking this addition (don't remember it in FM17?). Protesting a transfer.

West Ham (my title rivals; we're joint top in January in our hunt for promotion to the Premier League) made 2 bids of £4.5m and £5.25m for my main centre-back Adam Webster. 

He's valued at the latter and is my mainstay in the team, first name on teamsheet so to speak.

West Ham then offer £7.25m and Marcus Evans, my chairman, says it's too good to refuse. I can't bear the thought of losing my best centre-back to the title rivals and only getting £1.5m to get an equally good centre-back as replacement. Then I see an option to 'Protest Transfer'. 

Clicked on that...

uUorMSn.png

Just hope the player doesn't kick up a fuss about it!

Got to say, I really like that. So far I've resisted the temptation to get FM2018 but those considered immersion touches are selling it to me. You playing on PC or tablet @Stan? Assuming PC from the picture. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived