talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
2 hours ago, R-D said:

Please let's rid of the slide tackle assists and a aved penalties down the middle.

I haven't pre ordered 18 yet, but pretty sure I will soon for the discount. Can't really sniff at the price considering I put 850 hours into 17 (Jesus Christ 35 days).

For those above talking about Overload, it's worth noting your mentality is largely a risk-based approach (from very low risk on Contain, to very high risk on Overload). The higher mentality the more risk you want to take,  e.g. players shooting from all over the shop because you've told them to take the risk. 

i presume you mean so regularly but these do happen in real life. Talking of this though, there NEVER seems to be penalties that get missed but then rebounds going in. I can't remember any occasion on FM16 or FM17 where a rebound has gone in. Always goes to the opposition so they can clear it.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread to discuss tactics.

I've worked a brilliant regular gameplan. Inspired by Gustavo Onaindia's 4-3-3.

497ff3a37373bb1e238e85476051652d.jpg

I'll go updating as this goes on, but its worked well for me. The 2 full backs go up to support the attackers when needed. We have the left winger sitting narrower, while the right winger sits wider. The false 9 creates space for the 2 wingers as well as the advanced playmaker who will go up and play as a 10. 

Instructions: Play wider, Tight marking, Run at Defence.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Social groups could be a right ballache to manage. 

could just be a more detailed (much more by looks of it) aspect of 'favoured or disliked personnel'? 

On 11/10/2017 at 6:49 PM, Cannabis said:

I've been meaning to pre-order this for the past week or so but because of a lot of things going on have only just got around to doing it now. Only just realised that the discount ran offer ran out on Monday which means I'll be paying full price... FML! At least I can now pre-order through SI themselves rather than Steam and get access to the BETA.

So people that ordered through steam can't play until the release date? Fuck sake.

Other than at Ipswich I have not been great with tactics on this save.

On previous games I have relied heavily on advice from my coaching staff by ensuring we would have a staff meeting as soon as the scout report on opponents came in. They'd notice things that I wouldn't. An example being I'd fancy my term to control a game against Watford whilst they'd consider form, physicality etc and may advise differently. This save I tried it with Cardiff and we just kept getting dicked.

I find a standard approach and then adjusting as the game commences to be most effective. Modern day footballers appear to be simple characters and id rather not complicate things.

Beta to be released on or before 27th. 

Im-So-Excited-Duck.gif

The videos they've shown mostly look nice from a cosmetic perspective, don't care for the fantasy draft mind. However, a lot of the 'new features' feel like a redesign of what's already in the game. On the latest Matchday Experience video it seems they've added too many 'clicks' before you get into the game - most of which I'd guess 90% of people will get their assistant to do. The new customisable cameras and the improved stadiums do look good. I think I'll come back to 3D for this year. 

No news on any match engine changes yet besides some new GK animations and obviously they'll have to do some tinkering for the new player roles, but I'd hazard a guess that unfortunately it'll be largely like FM17 (although the ME vid is still to come - but it being so late on I imagine there's almost no news).

football forum
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

I have arisen from my slumber and started installing. WE HAVE LIFT OFF!

I was surprised at how quickly it installed, only took about 10-15 minutes for me.

17 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

On your third save by now then xD

Superb xD!

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived