talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

football forum
6 hours ago, Stan said:

not much.

big fan of an addition I've just found out existed - when you've made your subs and clicked 'confirm changes', then the opponents score - you get a pop up asking something along the lines of 'process these subs even after this goal?'. I like that it gives you that option to cancel subs and re-think them or change game-plan if required.

It's a nice feature, but I've never seen a goal immediately after so I'm not sure if it's broken?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's a nice feature, but I've never seen a goal immediately after so I'm not sure if it's broken?

Yeah it doesn't happen often by the looks of it. Maybe just timing and a rare occurrence. 

How do you watch your highlights? I have mine on 2d classic pitch view and extended highlights only. I was making a sub just before ref gave them a free kick. Confirmed subs. Then they took free kick and scored. Then it gave me that prompt before subs actually came on. 

football forum
52 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah it doesn't happen often by the looks of it. Maybe just timing and a rare occurrence. 

How do you watch your highlights? I have mine on 2d classic pitch view and extended highlights only. I was making a sub just before ref gave them a free kick. Confirmed subs. Then they took free kick and scored. Then it gave me that prompt before subs actually came on. 

2D Classic and Comprehensive. 

I started on Extended but I felt as though half an hour would go by without me seeing anything, so I was guessing a little bit as to what was going on. With comprehensive I can see more of the action and decide for myself what to do as both the assistant manager and the way the game shows highlights is of no help at all to you I feel.

• Administrator

May 2018 - Sign deal as new Crewe manager til June 2019

July 2018 - pre-season expectations are set to finish top half of the table (Crewe finished 18th in 2017/18 season)

Dec 2018 - Sit 9th in the table, 2 points off play-off positions, 5 off automatic promotion and 6 off top of the league. Job Status - VERY SECURE

crewe1.PNG

I ask for a new contract as my present deal doesn't have long to run. 

They say no. 'Your job performane thus far hasn't deserved an early extension. We want to see more out of you to warrant us committing you to a longer term deal'. They're pleased with overall performances in competitions (got to 2nd round of FA Cup as required). 

Just me that thinks it's harsh? Halfway through the season and I'd want more job security with only 6 months left on contract. Players are doing well and they have a lot of support in me. 

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

@Stan feel free to share how you win matches.

xD 

Screenshots are still fucking up for me but the formation I've got with Crewe started off as a 4-1-2-3 as below:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

DM

CM----CM

AMR -----------------------------------AML

ST

All 4 defenders as automatic. 
The Defensive Midfielder is either set to a 'ball-winning midfielder' or standard defensive midfielder. This depends on the player you pick and their suitability for the role so it changes from game to game.
The 2 central midfielders - one of them is set as central midfielder either support or attacking role. The other is set to a Deep Lying Playmaker or attacking playmaker. I've found with the latter one, if I have a defensive midfielder, it gives more freedom for that one to be a bit more attacking. 
The attacking midfielders are both set to be Wingers.
The striker is usually an advanced forward. 

I found that I wasn't attacking enough though with only 3 of the team out and out attacking roles. So in my new formation it's:

GK

RB - CB - CB - LB

DM

CM

AMR -----------------------------AML

ST - ST

The back 5 are as above. The central midfielder is usually a deep lying playmaker with a support role. The 2 strikers - one is a target man and the other is an advanced forward.

Team is quite familiar with both tactics. I let my assistant sort out the team training and team focus. 

I tend not to have a go or be aggressive with my teams unless they've done something stupid or we're more than 2 goals down at half-time, or by full-time we've sacrificed a lead. Usually always motivating my team and not get complacent in any scenario. Don't forget the positive team meetings when your team is doing well (not too many though as the team get annoyed). 

• Administrator

the game has had an update via Steam so I'm bound to go on a terrible run where my tactics don't work, my strikers get injured, all my goal-keepers get suspended or injured and I fall in to the bottom half.

• Administrator
On 02/11/2017 at 11:04 PM, Cannabis said:

Is there anything better than a 95th minute winner? Absolute scenes.

On 02/11/2017 at 11:27 PM, Dan said:

A 96th minute winner xD

i'm guessing this comes close, lads :D. Heading out of the play-offs with team losing 2-1 in the 90th minute...

po2.PNG

In to the play-off finals we go!!!

football forum
On 06/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, Stan said:

@Cannabis we talked about team-talks and attention from players the other day.

It's taken a season and a bit as Crewe manager to get this from my team xD

tt.PNG

WHAT SORCERY IS THAT?! xD

21 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Why is this coming out when I'm drastically trying to improve my real life situation? That'll put a huge dent in those plans, but fuck it, it's FM! 

Wait, FM and real life are two separate things? :ph34r:

Just now, Cannabis said:

Wait, FM and real life are two separate things? :ph34r:

My immersion is worrying. When I was younger, I played even more FM, and when I went outside for a change to take my dog for a walk, I was imagining interview questions from reporters and answered them in my head. 

So yeah .

football forum
Just now, Tsubasa said:

My immersion is worrying. When I was younger, I played even more FM, and when I went outside for a change to take my dog for a walk, I was imagining interview questions from reporters and answered them in my head.

I still do that now, I just keep it to myself :ph34r:. My girlfriend actually hates FM, it takes over my life.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Same, especially in the shower haha

haha I'm always planning my team talks or next few fixtures after I finish playing for one day xD 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived