19/12/2020 - Newcastle 1-1 Fulham

Recent Form
Newcastle - WLDDW
Fulham - WWWWW

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Must win. They are only 4 points behind us. Expect this will be the end of Pope's clean sheet run.

Every game from here on in is a must win,  must win to keep the gap and keep up with Arsenal.    I prefer this match up to Leeds and Bournemouth as they will be more expansive which plays into our strategy.    I also prefer this fixture is the home leg,  at the cottage it would be harder to play them now than when we last met in October

13 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Every game from here on in is a must win,  must win to keep the gap and keep up with Arsenal.    I prefer this match up to Leeds and Bournemouth as they will be more expansive which plays into our strategy.    I also prefer this fixture is the home leg,  at the cottage it would be harder to play them now than when we last met in October

I wouldn't get too worried about keeping up with Arsenal, can't see us catching them or City.

This is another tough game but I think you're right when you say Fulham will come and play. I think we'll come through narrowly but they're having a great season so it wont be easy.

1 minute ago, N U F C said:

I wouldn't get too worried about keeping up with Arsenal, can't see us catching them or City.

This is another tough game but I think you're right when you say Fulham will come and play. I think we'll come through narrowly but they're having a great season so it wont be easy.

well I don't know if that defensive mentality is what Eddie is telling the players.   rather fail having tried than fail to try and this notion that they are untouchable is again being defensive.   

Arsenal and City are looking over their shoulders,  European football is returning in two weeks and these teams play 5 games in 11 days, Arsenal are an injury or a slip up away, Man City are not man city of old and this odd season is a levelled, it is going to ring out  the big teams due to abnormal fixture congestion.   

I wonder if Leicester thought they were not going to catch City?  in 2016 they were 8 points behind Arsenal and Spurs in 2nd and 3rd, what happened that season was man city imploding.   at this moment we are in a race, all we can do is control what we can do.   

15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

well I don't know if that defensive mentality is what Eddie is telling the players.   rather fail having tried than fail to try and this notion that they are untouchable is again being defensive.   

Arsenal and City are looking over their shoulders,  European football is returning in two weeks and these teams play 5 games in 11 days, Arsenal are an injury or a slip up away, Man City are not man city of old and this odd season is a levelled, it is going to ring out  the big teams due to abnormal fixture congestion.   

I wonder if Leicester thought they were not going to catch City?  in 2016 they were 8 points behind Arsenal and Spurs in 2nd and 3rd, what happened that season was man city imploding.   at this moment we are in a race, all we can do is control what we can do.   

Each to their own.

Personally I'm hoping both City and Arsenal win this weekend against our direct rivals for a top 4 place.

16 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Keep up with Arsenal?

We are 9 points off them and they have a game in hand. We are nowhere near them.

We are just not getting the goals as easily anymore. Set pieces haven't been threatening since the world cup. Big chances and half chances missed. Bruno obviously has to come off. Move Willock into the middle. 

Let's see if we can get the goals second half. 

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Sorry, but both of those were penalties. 

Think Pereira makes a meal of the first one which probably makes the refs decision for him, but not sure what Trippier can moan about. He clearly kicks him. 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

That is never a penalty. How can you foul someone that has trod on your foot? Mental.

His left foot kicks Reid? Quite clearly. 

Newcastle players surrounding the ref. Tut tut. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

His left foot kicks Reid? Quite clearly. 

Newcastle players surrounding the ref. Tut tut. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Trippier has made no attempt at getting the ball, he’s just ran in clumsily. 

Reid treds ontop of Trippiers foot, that in itself should be a foul. You cant studs down onto someones foot and it not be a foul.

But justice has been done anyway

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Fulham - Sunday 15th January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived