talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-0 Fulham - Sunday 15th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the balance we deserved it,  something like 20 shots to 3,  60% of the ball and wilson was a handful,  finally we got the break we needed and it was Isak deliverying  Like the commentator in the manchester derby was saying,  big teams need to win games late by digging deep that felt like a watershed moment as we have really struggled against the low block. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Fulham - Sunday 15th January, 2023
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Once you start spending big I don't doubt it... 

The amount of spending Newcastle will inevitably do won't be acknowledged though...

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD what for?

I will follow the story,  im not sure if it is confirmed but there was a massive furore about the decisions,  at least Dermott Gallagher has ruled both decisions were wrong although he did feel the trappier one was 50-50,  he feels the other incident was a player trying to buy a penalty. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I will follow the story,  im not sure if it is confirmed but there was a massive furore about the decisions,  at least Dermott Gallagher has ruled both decisions were wrong although he did feel the trappier one was 50-50,  he feels the other incident was a player trying to buy a penalty. 

Not sure refs get 'suspended' these days anyway. I'd be shocked if Dean got suspended. It was hardly a howler of a decision. I wouldn't even suspend the ref for the Rashford offside one. 

I know Dean is a pretty polarising character but I'd be shocked if he's suspended, and it'd actually be quite unfair if so. 

I presume all he's done is to instruct the on-field ref to review either or both of the decisions. As per protocol and guidelines. Then it's up to that official to make a call. How would Dean be suspended if the actual ref isn't? 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure refs get 'suspended' these days anyway. I'd be shocked if Dean got suspended. It was hardly a howler of a decision. I wouldn't even suspend the ref for the Rashford offside one. 

I know Dean is a pretty polarising character but I'd be shocked if he's suspended, and it'd actually be quite unfair if so. 

I presume all he's done is to instruct the on-field ref to review either or both of the decisions. As per protocol and guidelines. Then it's up to that official to make a call. How would Dean be suspended if the actual ref isn't? 

to be fair I wasn't particularly up in arms about the decision.   

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Mike Dean is suspended now,  not only did he give the wrong foul a penalty,  the saying,  two wrongs don't make a right stands.   In the end it amounted to nothing but this was another weekend full of shocking refereeing. 

Mike Dean? I thought he had retired (21 March 2022), Robert Jones was the Ref for the Newcastle v Fulham game, forgive me if I have read that wrong O.o

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Mike Dean? I thought he had retired (21 March 2022), Robert Jones was the Ref for the Newcastle v Fulham game, forgive me if I have read that wrong O.o

Mike Dean still does VAR but retired from on-field refereeing.

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Mike Dean was removed from next round fixtures, coincidence?

Mike Dean ditched as VAR official after Chelsea vs Tottenham controversy

Long-serving referee Mike Dean retired at the end of last season but was kept on in a VAR-related role for the current campaign and courted controversy at Stamford Bridge

Mike Dean will not be in charge of VAR for the next round of Premier League fixtures, following the controversial events in Chelsea's draw with Tottenham Hotspur over the weekend.

Dean retired from refereeing at the end of last season, more than 20 years after taking charge of his first game in the top flight. He didn't step away from football altogether, though, remaining involved with the Premier League as a dedicated video assistant referee (VAR).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-dean-var-chelsea-tottenham-27755330

• The topic was unpinned

Archived