talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2023

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think if we go down on the last day its because of other shit shows during the season, not because we failed to win against a high-flying Newcastle chasing Champions League football. 

Can be many moments but the closer to the end the more important the decisions, the greater their weight. If you stay up it will be in no small part because of that tactic last night.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 16/05/2023 at 08:47, RandoEFC said:

Southampton 100.0% (+1.0%)

Leicester 87.5% (+16.1%)

Leeds 66.7% (-4.7%)

Nottm Forest 25% (-11.4%)

Everton 20.0% (-5.0%)

Nottm Forest have clawed themselves out of the mire, so it's down to the last four.

Southampton 100% (n/c)

Leeds 94.1% (+27.4%)

Leicester 83.3% (-4.2%)

Everton 23.1% (+3.1%)

Everton are the clear favourites to survive heading into the weekend, a win for them leaving Leeds and Leicester helpless. If Everton draw, then a Leicester win will see them survive and leave Leeds helpless. If Everton draw, Leeds have a slim chance to stay up if they can beat Spurs by 3+ goals and Leicester fail to beat West Ham. If Everton lose, then Leicester and Leeds can both survive by winning. However, Leeds will have to win and hope that Leicester don't if they want to take advantage. 

• Administrator

image.png

To survive:
Everton - win keeps them safe. Or a draw and Leicester/Leeds both not winning

Leicester - win and an Everton draw/loss

Leeds - win by 3+ goals and Everton drawing & Leicester drawing/losing, or win and Everton & Leicester both lose. 

Mathematically yes, but 97% means next to no chance. We are down and we knew it Sunday, it's all about Everton and Leicester only.

It grates on me we've had enough chances to put ourselves in a position to get out and we've blown every single one, that I can actually see a situation where not one of us wins Sunday anyway and Everton stay up by virtue of being that extra point of two ahead xD

Embarassing stuff from all. We all deserve Championship Football quite frankly for being so shit. I'd tip Everton to get the job done over Leicester and survive by being the ever so slightly less smellier bag of shit than the rest of us.

Archived