• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Man Utd - Wednesday 18th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Luxury player isn't he. He's going to do it when he feels like it, when it's 'comfortable'. I can't see him lasting long if his workrate doesn't up a notch.

It's funny how some players come straight in and just 'get it' straight away. They buy into the ethos of a club and the fans can see it. And then others, the penny doesn't drop.

He doesn't quite seem to understand the minimum that is required at the moment and I think Bruno condeming him on the pitch and giving him verbals is a bad sign to what your going to get with him.

I don't think he's strong enough or fast enough and I certainly don't think he's as skillful as he believes he is in his head. Everything is a flick or an outside of the foot. 

Keep it simple, get down the line or cut back and whip the ball into the box. He also has a decent shot, cut inside and whip it to the far post.

Like you said luxury player, I'm yet to see him roll up his sleeves and go at team and scare them. 

Surely worth closer the 30 million, the fact he's cost us 90 million is insane.

13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

everything was aim for weghorst, became predictable

That's a nonsense, they barely played into his feet at all, there were periods where I was screaming at Antony to get the ball into him.

Just now, Batard said:

If Palace actually had a decent forward and someone a bit more cultured in the middle of the park, they'd be a decent side. 

This was always going to be the banana skin for us, Palace normally give the top sides a good game and we have were due a slip up.

I'm not surprised in the slightest but I'm disappointed it was drew so late on.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil said:

This was always going to be the banana skin for us, Palace normally give the top sides a good game and we have were due a slip up.

I'm not surprised in the slightest but I'm disappointed it was drew so late on.

A lot of players looked quite tired by the end. Midweek fixtures until March with a thin squad is worrying. Surely the club will bolster midfield and defence.

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

A lot of players looked quite tired by the end. Midweek fixtures until March with a thin squad is worrying. Surely the club will bolster midfield and defence.

We've just signed a striker on loan, if we had money to invest I'd be very surprised.

I just think it was a tough game with some terrible decision making. It happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if we turned up on Sunday and caused a surprise.

• Administrator

We've just signed a striker on loan, if we had money to invest I'd be very surprised.

I just think it was a tough game with some terrible decision making. It happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if we turned up on Sunday and caused a surprise.

I don't think your first team squad can play every 3-4 days without a hit in performance. You've also got those games against Barcelona to contend with as well. You'll have to get at least one more play in on loan in midfield or you'll fall foul of exhaustion.

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

I don't think your first team squad can play every 3-4 days without a hit in performance. You've also got those games against Barcelona to contend with as well. You'll have to get at least one more play in on loan in midfield or you'll fall foul of exhaustion.

Maybe. 

Personally I think with our position in the league and the fact we have a Semi final in the league Cup and a favourable draw in Fa Cup. We should consider full rotation for the Europa, if we go out, we go out.

There isn't a need for the back door into the Champions league anymore, it's in our hands if we keep up our form.

• Administrator

Maybe. 

Personally I think with our position in the league and the fact we have a Semi final in the league Cup and a favourable draw in Fa Cup. We should consider full rotation for the Europa, if we go out, we go out.

There isn't a need for the back door into the Champions league anymore, it's in our hands if we keep up our form.

Form without fitness will be shortlived. I can't see Ten Hag rotating in the Europa League, he wants to win trophies. I think if United are a serious club again they have to back the manager. The Glazers might well be selling but they'd be idiotic not to invest something into the club to make it more valuable. 

An amazing free kick to give us a point I felt we deserved. The players really battled for the manager who got his team selection and substitutes right. Chris Richards had a good debut, Will Hughes did the role alongside Doucoure in a two we needed, Zaha was more influential without his back to goal, Eze and Schlupp gave us a more dynamic edge when they came on and Mitchell did really well fronting up to Antony. Only criticism is (apart from that great save by DeGea) I dont think Edouard contributed enough.

As for Manchester United. It was quite fitting that all the tactical fouling not only cost them three points but has caused Casemiro to miss the Arsenal game. I felt bad when Martinez went down with a legitimate head injury because everyone just assumed it was another tactical move to waste time. That said under Ten Hag they look a foot taller now. They play with a bullishness and an arrogance you need for a top four club which is something they haven't had. The best way I can describe it is Ten Hag is a manager whilst Ole was a pawn in the machine.

On a side note I thought the ref was too passive. I think hes only where he is because he looks young and up and coming. He looks like every Spurs player rolled in to one. Only at Palace would you get away with running on the pitch to take a selfie with a player too.

8 hours ago, Batard said:

If Palace actually had a decent forward and someone a bit more cultured in the middle of the park, they'd be a decent side. 

I don't know if Aston Villa would allow it but it would be great if we could get Danny Ings on a six month loan with an option to buy. A striker that plays on the front foot whose not afraid to shoot first time would give us a real good dimension to our play. Given how many young 'sell on value' players we have his age/experience would be welcomed.

8 hours ago, Devil said:

That's a nonsense, they barely played into his feet at all, there were periods where I was screaming at Antony to get the ball into him.

Antony has been frustrating to many.   he has the same limitations as Almiron, he us one footed and can be predictable, he needs to do what Almiron does and be more direct, work into the half spaces providing an outlet.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Not ideal last night but during a rebuilding pricess these things will often happen. Look at where we were to the start of the season. Still on a decent run, at least we never lost.

Archived